'14 JUCO WR Lavon Pearson (UT SIGNEE 12/18/13)

Based on what? We don't even know what an inconsistent Fergy looks like.

Based on what mods have seen and the Coach's hyping Fergy. And truthfully he has the best skillset on campus and his inconstancy couldnt be any worse than Worley or Dobbs.point being if they are all inconsistent then I take the one with the nfl arm and just asmuchmuch mobility as Dobbs.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah I remember the whole Malone got shown Fergy deal. Turned out Malone knew about all the QBs. Imagine that. :loco:

He knew about the others from watching. Hubbs was the one that said that about Malone and also Josh said it in one of his. There are several quotes and articles confirming both on here. If you are recruiting top talent type guys you definitely dont show film of Worley and Dobbs arm isnt gonna much put confidence in getting the ball to playmakers. No nobody knows how Riley would do in a game. But he was a head of Dobbs for a reason and Hubbs and other VQ guys have said Fergy has a much higher ceiling and by far the best arm and overall skils you want in a QB and is just as fast or faster than Dobbs.

Yep. People are also going to be disappointed when very few of the newcomers crack the two deep by week one.

There will be several by the time we play Vandy, but the week one depth chart will only see 2-3. Probably North, Pearson, and Hurd.

Not sure about that. Can see quite a few newcomers cracking the 2 deep including all the Juco's. Then can see seversl of the guys in the secondary getting a lot of reps early. Same thing at LB. Only positions I dont see newcomers cracking the 2 deep is on the oline, outside of juco Blair. Obviously nobody knows right now but RB, WR, TE, LB, CB, safety are all good chances at seeing newbies in the 2 deep. Good chance at DE as well although the oline and dline are the harder positions to crack into early unless they just have too. We will definitely see a lot of new faces early and often.

Azzanni eventually made it [to Feather River CC] and clearly liked what he saw – on the field and personally.

“And what do you know – he’s a pretty good player,” he said. “We went out to see him practice and fell in love with him as a kid. He’s humble, he’s hungry and he’ll do anything.”

Humble enough to call Azzanni on his way to enroll at Tennessee to ask what the best cleats he could buy for $42 would be. Azzanni, welcoming him to major college football, politely told him that the equipment would be taken care of once he got to campus. “We’ve got you covered,” he said.

Tennessee went the extra mile to land receiver Von Pearson | Nooga.com

What makes this even more amazing is that it was his last $42 dollars. I remember someone reporting this earlier. Makes me really respect the kid.

Reactions: 6 people
Bump! Really excited about this guy.

Saw a Tweet from Austin Brice last night showing Pearson fielding a punt return. Seems like the perfect place for him to succeed.

I guess Ill post these in case theres people who dont check the Recruiting Thread, EE updates thread or the Football Forum

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/v/fkZ6kDslYeM[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/v/2uYxOWgp-Bg[/youtube]

It was sarcasm man, sorry to make you work. I'm extremely excited for our WR corps this year, it seems that everyone has taken great strides. I know Von has looked and great has gotten a lot of props from the coaches, but I hope the expectations don't get too high early with the multiple CP comparisons he's getting already in the FF.

It was sarcasm man, sorry to make you work. I'm extremely excited for our WR corps this year, it seems that everyone has taken great strides. I know Von has looked and great has gotten a lot of props from the coaches, but I hope the expectations don't get too high early with the multiple CP comparisons he's getting already in the FF.

I don't think expectations will get too high. Kid seems very humble. Having all the weapons we now have on offense, there is a lot less chance to see double teams. Put the best guy North, Pearson burns em. Best guy on Pearson and Malone rips em. Best guy plays back in the middle, Hurd takes it 30 yards right up the gut and trucks the guy who should have bought a ticket. Wolf, Helm, Croom, Pig, Lane, It's issues all over the field.

I don't think expectations will get too high. Kid seems very humble. Having all the weapons we now have on offense, there is a lot less chance to see double teams. Put the best guy North, Pearson burns em. Best guy on Pearson and Malone rips em. Best guy plays back in the middle, Hurd takes it 30 yards right up the gut and trucks the guy who should have bought a ticket. Wolf, Helm, Croom, Pig, Lane, It's issues all over the field.

I, too, am tempering my expectations, especially after the last 5 years. But this offense is going to be significantly better than last year's. I'm incredibly impressed with Jones' recruiting and evaluation. The only question now is at quarterback. The play of that position will determine the outcome of 2-3 games.

I, too, am tempering my expectations, especially after the last 5 years. But this offense is going to be significantly better than last year's. I'm incredibly impressed with Jones' recruiting and evaluation. The only question now is at quarterback. The play of that position will determine the outcome of 2-3 games.

I'm more concerned with our play in the trenches. I think the future is bright at QB, regardless of who wins the job. JMO

agreed - our weapons are on a whole new level at the skill positions

if we can get a QB to develop and actually play well then it could be a 2-3 game difference - could get from 6-8 wins with just solid QB play, not even anything great

just get it to these guys in space and let them make plays all over the field - if the pocket breaks down make some good runs for 1st downs - and down turn it over - dont need a hero, just can't have a negative impact like last year

I think we can all agree that this team will be much more fun to watch than last year's.

My prediction is that the offense will actually look similar to 2012. Whoever wins the QB job is going to put up stellar numbers, simply because of the weapons he has around him.

What will separate this team from 5-7 and anywhere from 8-4 to 9-3 is the defense. Can the freshmen DBs step up? Can the line and ends generate pressure on the QB? I think the answer is yes.

Maggit at DE will be huge. Our LBers will in the upper echelon of the conference. And our DBs will finally be fast enough to not be a liability on almost every pass play. Just gotta limit the mistakes of youth.

Reactions: 2 people
I think we can all agree that this team will be much more fun to watch than last year's.

My prediction is that the offense will actually look similar to 2012. Whoever wins the QB job is going to put up stellar numbers, simply because of the weapons he has around him.

What will separate this team from 5-7 and anywhere from 8-4 to 9-3 is the defense. Can the freshmen DBs step up? Can the line and ends generate pressure on the QB? I think the answer is yes.

Maggit at DE will be huge. Our LBers will in the upper echelon of the conference. And our DBs will finally be fast enough to not be a liability on almost every pass play. Just gotta limit the mistakes of youth.

I don't think the offense will be quite that good. Those guys had played together a while. Plus I expect we will get sacked a bunch of times with our new OL. But it will be a lot better than last year and a whole lot more fun to watch.

The D will be much improved too. But I don't know about record. Our schedule is brutal for such a young inexperienced team.

I don't think the offense will be quite that good. Those guys had played together a while. Plus I expect we will get sacked a bunch of times with our new OL. But it will be a lot better than last year and a whole lot more fun to watch.

The D will be much improved too. But I don't know about record. Our schedule is brutal for such a young inexperienced team.

I agree on the offense but for a different reason - i think it will hinge more on consistent QB play

if i were an opposing DC I would be wary of bringing too much heat on this OL

we have some serious release valves this year - when you can dump off/throw quick to guys like Hurd/VP/etc - that can be scary - so as a DC I wouldnt want to bring my LB's too much and create easy wins for the O - I would drop back into coverage and force our QB to read it and go through progressions - i am hopeful but not sure we have the QB that can do that - now if the QB starts doing that, sure bring some heat and test that OL - but i wouldnt do that out of the gate

jmo

VN Store

Back