'14 GA DE Dante Sawyer

It appears he's going to try and get his grades in order to be a '15 enrollee. Will have a lot of work to do though. At the very least, Ole Miss will find a way.

Be nice to get Sawyer, Jones and Kamara out of Juco this year.

Sawyer can't come in with 2015 class. It has to be 2016 class that he signs with, as he is a non-qualifier out of HS. The earliest he can enroll in a D1 school will be December 2015.

Could he pull a Dimarya Mixon and just work instead of going to juco and sign the next year? That's what Mixon did right?

Sawyer can't come in with 2015 class. It has to be 2016 class that he signs with, as he is a non-qualifier out of HS. The earliest he can enroll in a D1 school will be December 2015.

Why is he listed in this years juco class then? Serious question..... Or am I mistaken?

Could he pull a Dimarya Mixon and just work instead of going to juco and sign the next year? That's what Mixon did right?

I believe Sawyer has dropped out of high school, got his GED, and already enrolled in Juco IIRC. Mixon only needed to pass 1 test, whereas Sawyer is pretty far behind at this time.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought the rule was that all non-qualifiers out of high school had to go to the JUCO route for two years.

I believe Sawyer has dropped out of high school, got his GED, and already enrolled in Juco IIRC. Mixon only needed to pass 1 test, whereas Sawyer is pretty far behind at this time.

Okay thanks. I couldn't remember exactly how Mixons situation worked out.

Edit: Bottom line, Sawyers needs to realize he has to put the work in off the field to be able to do work on the field.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought the rule was that all non-qualifiers out of high school had to go to the JUCO route for two years.

Prep school is an option as well. You don't have to go to prep for two. I don't know if it is an option in this case though.

Prep school is an option as well. You don't have to go to prep for two. I don't know if it is an option in this case though.

I have been told your grades have to be good enough to get into your desired college before entering prep school. Apparently with prep school, your highschool GPA is used to get into college after prep...

I thought that was the entire purpose of a prep school.

That is the purpose of juco. This is why below average highschool graduates go the pelli and not UT...

When you go to prep school, the university still uses your highschool GPA.

He went to JUCO because he doesn't have a diploma. Can't enroll at Prep without a diploma. As for why he is in the 2015 class, that has to do with how many semesters he is expected to complete. In order to enroll at a D1 school from a JUCO, the student must have completed 3 semesters of JUCO. This mean Sawyers will be eligible in the summer of 2015 if he takes care of business in the classroom.

VN Store

Back