'14 FL CB Nigel Patten (new name: Nigel Bethel)

if you look at his twitter pictures, he has a ton of FSU gear. also a couple of pictures wearing a Miami shirt.

Why's that? I haven't heard much about him. Curious...

Sec. Offered in Track & Field. Loves Coach Z. I think he's been recruited hard just unnoticed because of the legacies. Bates Moore & VW are recruiting him as well.

Sec. Offered in Track & Field. Loves Coach Z. I think he's been recruited hard just unnoticed because of the legacies. Bates Moore & VW are recruiting him as well.

With him visiting Miami at least 4 times and taking 2 earlier visits to FSU, it would be a stunner for him to choose anyone but the canes. If we are in his top 2, w/out a visit, I guess it speaks to the staff doing a great job recruiting.

With him visiting Miami at least 4 times and taking 2 earlier visits to FSU, it would be a stunner for him to choose anyone but the canes. If we are in his top 2, w/out a visit, I guess it speaks to the staff doing a great job recruiting.

Just got that feeling bro. I'm probably wrong.

80/20 Canes IMO. Hasn't been in the mix like other guys, and we don't usually do well with guys who commit before even visiting. I think if this staff were involved from the get-go, Bethel-Patten would be in area code 865. Also, I think even if he does chose the Canes we can still possibly sway him before NSD, but we're in it with other guys and this staff has already proven that they wont wait on anybody. On to the next one..

Be a good pick up but if has not ever visited UT, then I would be skeptical of a commitment from him.

I favor Lammons over this guy.

Lammons over Bethel all day long IMO, but only because I really like Lammons. Dude is going to be a very good CB and doesn't get enough hype on VN. But I do like Bethel quite a bit as well and I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in if we miss on Lammons.

I'd be very happy with a CB class of Payne, Lammons (or Bethel), and Gaulden. But If we end up missing on Gaulden (I don't think we will) then I wouldn't want to sign both Lammons and Bethel. That would give us Payne, Lammons, and Bethel who are all 5'9"ish which would be a nightmare against teams with multiple big receivers.

Wow that post was riddled with speculation...oh well lol.

Last edited:
What are y'all basing the comparisons on? Y'all seen them play? Not being a dick, just wondering. I know Nigel is maybe an inch shorter. Some say hes closer to 5'8 rather than 5'9 or 5'10. But at the same time he is faster. Don't know which is better overall

Last edited:
What are y'all basing the comparisons on? Y'all seen them play? Not being a dick, just wondering. I know Nigel is maybe an inch shorter. Some say hes closer to 5'8 rather than 5'9 or 5'10. But at the same time he is faster. Don't know which is better overall

Nope I haven't seen them play in person. Just going on their films. And I'm by no means an expert of any sort when it comes to scouting. My posts are always just my humble and personal opinions with a possible sprinkling of something I may have read here or there on another site. So definitely take them for what they're worth (which isn't much). :hi:

Last edited:
Lammons over Bethel all day long IMO, but only because I really like Lammons. Dude is going to be a very good CB and doesn't get enough hype on VN. But I do like Bethel quite a bit as well and I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in if we miss on Lammons.

I'd be very happy with a CB class of Payne, Lammons (or Bethel), and Gaulden. But If we end up missing on Gaulden (I don't think we will) then I wouldn't want to sign both Lammons and Bethel. That would give us Payne, Lammons, and Bethel who are all 5'9"ish which would be a nightmare against teams with multiple big receivers.

Wow that post was riddled with speculation...oh well lol.

Everyone else does too, his offer list is elite. Other than Jackson he's my favorite CB on the board.

Everyone else does too, his offer list is elite. Other than Jackson he's my favorite CB on the board.

Ha yea I didn't mean it like I had found some diamond in the rough with Lammons. Just agreeing with the poster that I strongly prefer him to Bethel.

Reactions: 1 person
I was just listening to Dave Hooker on TSR. He said he wouldn't be surprised if Nigel Bethel committed to us on Monday. He said he wouldn't have believed it a week ago but after talking to him recently he thinks the Vols have a great shot when he announces on Monday. TIFWIW.

I was just listening to Dave Hooker on TSR. He said he wouldn't be surprised if Nigel Bethel committed to us on Monday. He said he wouldn't have believed it a week ago but after talking to him recently he thinks the Vols have a great shot when he announces on Monday. TIFWIW.

That would be a pleasant surprise. What time is he announcing?

VN Store

Back