1300 Cowards Dismissed

choosing not to fight because it against your moral and religious beliefs does not make you a coward

Were they forced to join? Giving your firearms and equipment to the enemy. I call that more than a coward, I call that the enemy.

yeah, and the next thing you know, they are the same ones with a bomb strapped to them

Ok, just so I'm understanding what this is about... we are there in Iraq helping the people establish the right to live free and live in a democracy. So now the folks that are living there currently don't want to do the dirty work to ensure the Iraqi people maintain what they have, in turn gaining more and more independence establishing this freedom? So do they want the US to be there indefinitely?

See, I've created a Days of Our Iraqi Lives!

Is that what it is saying?

So now the folks that are living there currently don't want to do the dirty work to ensure the Iraqi people maintain what they have, in turn gaining more and more independence establishing this freedom?

the people there have no idea what it takes since they lived under Saddam for so long. Taking ownership and working to build a country are ideas that are totally lost on most of them. It's much easier to follow

Whether people want to admit it or not, the security forces in Iraq are night and day from what they were two years ago

The problem I see is that the problems we face today (corruption, amount of men, etc...) are problems that will take many more years to solve and I am not sure I see the US Government staying here in a SIGNIFICANT ROLE for many years down the road thus killing off any continued improvement in the Iraq Security Force

I am not one who wants us to stay in Iraq for McCain's 100 years (though I do in a smaller fashion) but I am not one who wants to pull out right away as others.

Pulling out right away is not a viable options for the current Iraq

Sadr now saying that Iraq should reinstate these cowards and praise them bec they were obeying their supreme leader, Darth Vader with a beard and a book.

The sooner we get out the better. Can you imagine all the good that could be done in America with the money we are spending on the war and rebuilding? I heard on the news the other day that more American tax money is being spent on the rebuilding of Iraq than the Iraqi's spend. Iraq exports 2 million BOD at 100/barrel. Why should I spend my tax dollar on people that, for the most part, hate my way of life? No thanks, why don't we just rebuild New Orleans, USA instead. At least, they are sinners like me:dance2:

The sooner we get out the better. Can you imagine all the good that could be done in America with the money we are spending on the war and rebuilding? I heard on the news the other day that more American tax money is being spent on the rebuilding of Iraq than the Iraqi's spend. Iraq exports 2 million BOD at 100/barrel. Why should I spend my tax dollar on people that, for the most part, hate my way of life? No thanks, why don't we just rebuild New Orleans, USA instead. At least, they are sinners like me:dance2:
Wrong. The US is financing the majority of the war effort through foreign debt. Not tax money from American citizens.

Wrong. The US is financing the majority of the war effort through foreign debt. Not tax money from American citizens.

That is not what was said on "The Larry King Show". But in anycase, we have been there 5 years now. It's time to stop wasting money on a war we cannot win, and we will never get any thanks for. Sounds familiar to the situation we were in with the country I now reside.:ermm:

That is not what was said on "The Larry King Show". But in anycase, we have been there 5 years now. It's time to stop wasting money on a war we cannot win, and we will never get any thanks for. Sounds familiar to the situation we were in with the country I now reside.:ermm:

Can I ask if you are currently serving? I assumed you were b/c of your location.

Are you a man in the military against the war? To be honest I'm not sure where the funding for the war is coming from but I think it (the war) is necessary and right no matter where the money comes from.

Can I ask if you are currently serving? I assumed you were b/c of your location.

Are you a man in the military against the war? To be honest I'm not sure where the funding for the war is coming from but I think it (the war) is necessary and right no matter where the money comes from.

No...I work for a major U.S. oil company. Besides, I don't think there have been any U.S. Military in Vietnam in over 30 years. :eek:lol:

Larry King obviously has his facts wrong then. Eventually, either US and/or Iraqi workers and consumers will bear the brung of the foreign debt (notice I did not say taxpayers), but for now, for the scale of the operations and cost of the equipment in Iraq, the average American is paying for the effort with pennies on the dollar.

By the way, do you know something I don't know?

choosing not to fight because it against your moral and religious beliefs does not make you a coward

Then why become involved with the police or military when you know that could well be asked of you. Cowards they are because they know their duty and turned their back on it.

Yes lets take money from one hole and dump it in another. We need to relocate New Orleans not rebuild it.

Then you should be all to familiar with the blood bath before our arrival and what ensued after we left.

Larry King obviously has his facts wrong then. Eventually, either US and/or Iraqi workers and consumers will bear the brung of the foreign debt (notice I did not say taxpayers), but for now, for the scale of the operations and cost of the equipment in Iraq, the average American is paying for the effort with pennies on the dollar.

By the way, do you know something I don't know?

What a silly question...:p

Then you should be all to familiar with the blood bath before our arrival and what ensued after we left.

Basically the U.S. participation in this war delayed the inevitable by about a decade. They South Vietnamese lost the war in 1975. Since then, the country has been on a slow but steady course of reconciliation between the two sides and a major rebuilding, and eventual economic boom. If we would had stayed out of the war, it probably would have ended much sooner(Late 60's), and the rebuilding and reconciliation would have started much sooner, saving the U.S. and Vietnamese many lives and dollars. Since the war ened in 1975, over 65,000 Vietnamese have been killed by land mines left behind from the war. Sometimes it is just better not to interfere with others business......This is the take I get from my friends over here...I tend to agree....

Yes lets take money from one hole and dump it in another. We need to relocate New Orleans not rebuild it.

I lived in New Orleans for 8 great years. All my kids were born there. So, obviously, I disagree with your evaluation. You really want to compare Iraq to New Orleans? Why don't you try living in Iraq,and I'll take New Orleans. Lets see who survives....:hi:

VN Store

Back