'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

Not sure how to judge that based on his statement that he already knows where he is going.

I don't know how he could not come to UT and be coached by a former pro RB that coached the best RB in the nation in Lattimore...on top of being closer to his family. No brainer!

If he said that Mich. leads---then he says he knows where he's going a few days later, wouldn't that be bad news for us?

If he wants to go to Michigan then so be it. I want a player who in his heart feels Tennessee is his best choice. The worst thing you can do is talk a player out of where he knows his heart is at in committing. I'll take a 3 star Travis Stephens that bleeds orange all day long over a reluctant 5 star...and we all know what Travis did.

Reactions: 1 person
Do we honestly have a chance with Derrick now? He seemed pretty contempt with all the Michigan commits in that picture
A_nv3SrCIAIXM6b.jpg:large

UM putting together a sick class.

Unfortunately, I think Green is going to be a part of it also.

You guys have such little faith in Jay Graham.

I still think we pull Green. Remember James Quick said OSU lead this week and committed to Louisville.

Lets let this play out before its doom and gloom.

I do hope this is the case.

Green and Lawson both are the cornerstones to seeing this program regain its rightful status.

You guys have such little faith in Jay Graham.

I still think we pull Green. Remember James Quick said OSU lead this week and committed to Louisville.

Lets let this play out before its doom and gloom.

I have faith in Jay Graham, and I do think next year we are able to pull Jalen Hurd. I think the main problem is our lack of success. That is why we will miss out on Derrick Green this year. Not because Jay Graham isn't a amazing coach, but because of the blunders of our previous two coaches :no:

Nice to join this site btw. Nice to have a place to talk football and recruits with some other fans

I have faith in Jay Graham, and I do think next year we are able to pull Jalen Hurd. I think the main problem is our lack of success. That is why we will miss out on Derrick Green this year. Not because Jay Graham isn't a amazing coach, but because of the blunders of our previous two coaches :no:

Nice to join this site btw. Nice to have a place to talk football and recruits with some other fans

Just a warning...its addicting. Haha either way Welcome to VolNation

Green showed why he is the No. 1 running back in the country. He averaged six yards per carry and totaled 49 yards. On one play Green broke through the line, made at least one guy miss and ran free into the secondary for a 23-yard run, the longest of the game. Green's vision and the physicality he ran with made him one of the best players on the field.

Rivals

Green showed why he is the No. 1 running back in the country. He averaged six yards per carry and totaled 49 yards. On one play Green broke through the line, made at least one guy miss and ran free into the secondary for a 23-yard run, the longest of the game. Green's vision and the physicality he ran with made him one of the best players on the field.

Rivals

Rivals trying to defend a guy who other scouting services have as a mid-talent 4 star. I watched the game and wasn't impressed.

Don't get me wrong I want him. Would rather have Kamara

Rivals

Chris Johnson like numbers. Like 8 carries for 49 yards. Throw out the 23 yd run he had a 3.7 per rush day..

You guys are full of crap some times. name a RB that did better, if you take kamara's long run away i would say his stats weren't that impressive either. Running backs never have great all star games so im not that worried.

You guys are full of crap some times. name a RB that did better, if you take kamara's long run away i would say his stats weren't that impressive either. Running backs never have great all star games so im not that worried.

Its not about the stats......

Rivals trying to defend a guy who other scouting services have as a mid-talent 4 star. I watched the game and wasn't impressed.

Don't get me wrong I want him. Would rather have Kamara

I don't quite get it myself. I know everyone has things they like about this player or that player. People seemed to have switched from Wanting Green to Kamara based on the 2 all star game performances. The funny thing is Green actually rushed for more yards and more yards per carry. IMO, the fact he named Michigan his leader and said he knows where he is going has more to do with it than anything. Either back would see alot of carries at Tennessee.

VN Store

Back