'13 VA QB Christian Hackenberg (PSU commit)

I hate to hear what you have to say since UA's offense last season in the SEC with AJ finished 1st with best completion %, 3rd in most attempts, 3rd in most completions, 3rd in most yards, and 4th for passing TDs, not to mention 1st in fewest INTs.

So you can call our QBs whatever you want because I am happy with our passing offense.:)
Hander offers.

Reactions: 1 person
I hate to hear what you have to say since UA's offense last season in the SEC with AJ finished 1st with best completion %, 3rd in most attempts, 3rd in most completions, 3rd in most yards, and 4th for passing TDs, not to mention 1st in fewest INTs.

So you can call our QBs whatever you want because I am happy with our passing offense.:)

Those are pretty misleading stats since he finished behind the only two other pro style quarterbacks that played the whole season not to mention that he played one more game than Wilson as well.

Those are pretty misleading stats since he finished behind the only two other pro style quarterbacks that played the whole season not to mention that he played one more game than Wilson as well.
Facts, facts, facts. We dont need em.

How did AJ play in one more game. UA did not play in the SECCG.

So fact is Wilson and AJ both played in 13 games last season. Also another fact is Murray played in 14 games, one more than AJ.

So fact is Wilson and AJ both played in 13 games last season. Also another fact is Murray played in 14 games, one more than AJ.

You are right. I forgot about that part, but it still doesn't change the fact that AJ played more than all the other pro style quarterbacks below him. Bray would have only needed to average 10 completions per game to pass AJ had he not been injured.

You are right. I forgot about that part, but it still doesn't change the fact that AJ played more than all the other pro style quarterbacks below him. Bray would have only needed to average 10 completions per game to pass AJ had he not been injured.

I agree for the most part and I think if Bray and Hunter both stayed healthy Bray would have been #1 in most stats.

Who gives a damn about passing stats the main thing is AJ won a Nation title and we didn't.

Last edited:

The fourth for passing TDs (16) doesn't mean a thing, given the top two had 35 and 24 respectively, and Tyler Bray had 17, and played in not even half the games McCarron did. When the guy in first place throws over twice as many, and the guy in second place throws 50% more, it isn't really that impressive.

So, McCarron did good this year. But let's not delude ourselves into thinking his primary role was anything other than handing the ball off to stud running backs. There is nothing in the statistics that say if Murray or Bray had the running game McCarron did that they could have blown his numbers out of the water this year.

Also...Jarrett Lee, Jordan Jefferson, Maxwell Smith, and Clint Mosely all finished with less INTs.

The fourth for passing TDs (16) doesn't mean a thing, given the top two had 35 and 24 respectively, and Tyler Bray had 17, and played in not even half the games McCarron did. When the guy in first place throws over twice as many, and the guy in second place throws 50% more, it isn't really that impressive.

So, McCarron did good this year. But let's not delude ourselves into thinking his primary role was anything other than handing the ball off to stud running backs. There is nothing in the statistics that say if Murray or Bray had the running game McCarron did that they could have blown his numbers out of the water this year.

Also...Jarrett Lee, Jordan Jefferson, Maxwell Smith, and Clint Mosely all finished with less INTs.

Think what you want because to be honest it really does not matter. AJ as a 1st year starter won the NC. In all the stats that matter for a QB was one fo the top in the conference. In regards to Ints remember none those started every game.

There is also nothing to show that if Bray or Murray had the same running game they would have fared any better. Yes it is nice to assume but the same could be said now that UA actually has a passing OC, seasoned WRs, and returning QB that actually has alot of game experience that he can be the top in the league. But again we are assuming are we not.:)

Think what you want because to be honest it really does not matter. AJ as a 1st year starter won the NC. In all the stats that matter for a QB was one fo the top in the conference. In regards to Ints remember none those started every game.

There is also nothing to show that if Bray or Murray had the same running game they would have fared any better. Yes it is nice to assume but the same could be said now that UA actually has a passing OC, seasoned WRs, and returning QB that actually has alot of game experience that he can be the top in the league. But again we are assuming are we not.:)

AJ has never been expected to put points on the board, buecause he didn't have to. Where TD's are concerned, he was about middlin' in the SEC.

When teams stack 8 and sometimes 9 in the box, then yes, a QB can put up equal numbers as a better QB who is having to deal with 5 DBs running around everywhere. So the bolded is absolutely false, look at the stats. Hell, the fact that Bray had more TD's than AJ did last year is telling in and of itself, and by your own admission, if Bray had played all year he would have been first.

The honest question here is if Bray had been Bama's QB last season and stayed healthy, would he have done better? Since we are assuming, I'm going to say yes.

Bama QB's are expected to hand the ball off, and when 9 guys get stacked in the box, are to be competent enough to pass it down the field until they don't. Nothing wrong with it, Bama is very good at doing that. But touting the stats you did mean very little when the first layer is peeled off.

UGA's passing offense isn't very impressive to me.

UGA's passing offense isn't very impressive to me.

35 passing touchdowns is impressive to anyone, but one thing to watch for this year is the fact that Aaron Murray was sacked 32 times last year(the most in the SEC) and lost 3/5 of his offensive line and his star TE. Murray may have trouble staying healthy this year. Georgia may not be as good as everyone believes.

So many questions this year, both on this team, and how the east will shape up.

35 passing touchdowns is impressive to anyone, but one thing to watch for this year is the fact that Aaron Murray was sacked 32 times last year(the most in the SEC) and lost 3/5 of his offensive line and his star TE. Murray may have trouble staying healthy this year. Georgia may not be as good as everyone believes.
they played none of the big boys and one more game than anyone but LSU

they played none of the big boys and one more game than anyone but LSU

You do have a good point. 17 of the 35 passing touchdowns Murray scored came in games against New Mexico State(5), Auburn(4), South Carolina(4), and Georgia Tech(4). Six more came in games against Vandy(3) and Coastal Carolina(3).

Now that you mention it, I am guess I'm not very impressed with their passing game either.

You do have a good point. 17 of the 35 passing touchdowns Murray scored came in games against New Mexico State(5), Auburn(4), South Carolina(4), and Georgia Tech(4). Six more came in games against Vandy(3) and Coastal Carolina(3).

Now that you mention it, I am guess I'm not very impressed with their passing game either.

:yes:

I thought USCe had a good D last year..

VN Store

Back