'13 VA QB Christian Hackenberg (PSU commit)

EJ Manuel is not a 1st round QB. Literally laughed after seeing EJ rated higher than Bray.

That list has one real 1st round QB and that's Barkley. Manuel sucks ass, Tyler Wilson is another overrated QB. He looked horrid against Bama and LSU with an all senior WR core. Bray has done nothing and beat nobody yet(I believe he will). I think next year's Qb class is weak compared to this year's class.

I'm right there with ya. All the talent in the world but he has to get it going on upstairs.

What's is with this upstairs talk??? He played very well when he was healthy. With a healthy Hunter we were and the rest of the country were in love with Tyler Bray. We were the number one 3rd down offense in the country. He played with a plate in his hand against Vandy and a fever against Kentucky. What do you want from him?

I know it is early but I have seen Bray listed as a 1st rd draft pick for next year. My guess is he only has one more year at UT.

WalterFootball.com: 2013 NFL Mock Draft

1. Matt Barkley
USC Proj. 1
2. Landry Jones
Oklahoma Proj. 1
3. Tyler Wilson
Arkansas Proj. 1
4. E.J. Manuel
Florida State Proj. 1
5. Tyler Bray
Tennessee (Jr.) Proj. 1

Scout.com: 2013 NFL Draft Top Offensive Prospects

Just type in his name and you find him listed a lot of articles talking about Bray as a 1st rounder in 2013.

Possible, but I just don't see 5 quarterbacks going in the first round next year. We need those 4 qbs to do really good so we could hopefully have Bray for another year.

What's is with this upstairs talk??? He played very well when he was healthy. With a healthy Hunter we were and the rest of the country were in love with Tyler Bray. We were the number one 3rd down offense in the country. He played with a plate in his hand against Vandy and a fever against Kentucky. What do you want from him?

Bray doesn't manage the run game well. That will be his biggest knock. He is going to have to become a student of the game.

What I was told from a scout I play cards with is that the feel Bray has the biggest room to improve once he gets into the NFL out of all the QBs that may come out in 2013.

He said Barkley will be the only NFL ready out of the group, meaning he will be expected to start day 1. Manuel will be specific for a certian type of offense. Jones and Wilson have to many questions. He said that alot teams are worried that both of them will not get much better than where they are now. Thinks the only teams that will risk them are needing a backup and probably 2nd rd. He said Bray had the most upside because he still has a long way to go for development, meaning he will only continue to get better once in the NFL. Again FWIW.

What I was told from a scout I play cards with is that the feel Bray has the biggest room to improve once he gets into the NFL out of all the QBs that may come out in 2013.

He said Barkley will be the only NFL ready out of the group, meaning he will be expected to start day 1. Manuel will be specific for a certian type of offense. Jones and Wilson have to many questions. He said that alot teams are worried that both of them will not get much better than where they are now. Thinks the only teams that will risk them are needing a backup and probably 2nd rd. He said Bray had the most upside because he still has a long way to go for development, meaning he will only continue to get better once in the NFL. Again FWIW.

I'm no scout, but I agree whole-heartedly with this assessment. I think it sounds reasonable. Bray does have a lot of tools to work with, and I don't think he will reach his full potential, or even get close to it, while at UT. He seems like a QB made for the NFL, thinking long-term.

That's not completely on Bray either. That's on the coaches to an extent.

Yea, Im sure the coaches weren't expecting our run game to be that big of a problem but Bray has to be willing to put in the extra work in the film room too. He can exploit any pass defense he sees but he isn't very good in managing or controlling the run game. The stats don't lie. We had our best running games when Simms was our qb against the two top defenses in the league. Thats not by luck. Bray has to get better at seeing the holes and reading defenses better for the running game.

That's not completely on Bray either. That's on the coaches to an extent.

I agree. He needs to feel like his job is on the line enough to keep him working and learning. I hope he's not overly coddled. I think Peterman brings enough of a different dynamic to help push him. I wonder if Worley's abilities threaten him though.

It's ultimately on the coaches though.

The difference in coin between being the first to fifth QB in the draft is huge. Bray will have to have a ridiculous year, then he could go, but if even he has a great year, he still goes 4th or fifth. I think it might be worth the extra 5-10 million to stay one more year then. I am sure he knows this.
IMO he stays & goes for #1 overall pick next year.Big bucksheesh.
-T-

I agree. He needs to feel like his job is on the line enough to keep him working and learning. I hope he's not overly coddled. I think Peterman brings enough of a different dynamic to help push him. I wonder if Worley's abilities threaten him though.

It's ultimately on the coaches though.

No the coaches banked on just passing the ball for every win.

Possible, but I just don't see 5 quarterbacks going in the first round next year. We need those 4 qbs to do really good so we could hopefully have Bray for another year.

Horrible that they don't have Justin hunter in the wide receivers group. Randy moss status.

Dude I'm the biggest homer, sheep, posivol, orange glasses wearing fan, etc. But it would be a stretch to call Bray a "smart" qb. I wasn't saying his head isn't in the game if that's what you thought I meant. But as far as checking off and calling audibles, he isn't there yet.

VN Store

Back