'13 VA LB E.J. Levenberry (FSU commit)

Not to mention we can't have another exodus of coaches like we did under Dooley just because of 2013 recruiting. I can wait till 2014 to see how we will recruit, sorry if I was getting negative. I just really thought we had this kid and I had high hopes for tomorrow.

Agreed. We don't need anymore turnover. He has the staff he wanted and hopefully they get it done.

I'm pleased with Butch's staff, but the only one that worries me is Jancek. He's not a strong recruiter, and his time at Georgia wasn't exactly successful. But I'll wait on my judgement till I see him mold our defense. The rest of the staff, is fairly SEC oriented and solid.

I'm pleased with Butch's staff, but the only one that worries me is Jancek. He's not a strong recruiter, and his time at Georgia wasn't exactly successful. But I'll wait on my judgement till I see him mold our defense. The rest of the staff, is fairly SEC oriented and solid.

He's actually done a lot in little less time. Give him about 2 years and he'll have us back on top in the SEC. I have a lot more trust in him and his staff than Dooley and his staff.

He's actually done a lot in little less time. Give him about 2 years and he'll have us back on top in the SEC. I have a lot more trust in him and his staff than Dooley and his staff.

It'll take longer than two years to put us on top. Not saying he won't put us back on top just it will take several years.

Reactions: 1 person

Oh I agree 100%. I trust Butch will lead us back to prominence. Just saying that I'm not sold on Jancek as an SEC DC. I hope he proves me wrong though. I'm glad we're going back to a 4-3 though. That should help, given our defensive personnel is more fit for the 4-3. So Jancek might turn our D around, I'm hoping at least.

It'll take longer than two years to put us on top. Not saying he won't put us back on top just it will take several years.

I really believe that Year 1 (Or year 0 in Dooley years) is the biggest one for Jones. It's a lot of pressure and it may be unfair, but Jones has GOT to establish the program as different from Dooley's. He has got to show immediately how he is different in scheme and attack, and it's got to work. If people don't see improvement this year, then next year's class is not good. People need to see evidence that it's going in the right direction. Butch has no excuses not to win. He has a much better depth chart than Dooley started with, the schedule is tough, but there are some winnable games on it, he has some experienced starters in certain positions, he has a coaching staff that is very cohesive in their terminology and philosophy. He has no excuse to not do what is expected or more.

So, my thinking is that next years' class is really the start of what needs to be our rise. This year's class will help, and I think we will get better this year than we were last, but I think that it's going to be the next 4 years of recruiting that build us up to what we were. I dare say this 2014 class may be the most important one we've had. JMO.

Isn't there ANYBODY here who went to Summer Camp with his cousin that can give us the REAL SCOOP?????

Cody??????

I really believe that Year 1 (Or year 0 in Dooley years) is the biggest one for Jones. It's a lot of pressure and it may be unfair, but Jones has GOT to establish the program as different from Dooley's. He has got to show immediately how he is different in scheme and attack, and it's got to work. If people don't see improvement this year, then next year's class is not good. People need to see evidence that it's going in the right direction. Butch has no excuses not to win. He has a much better depth chart than Dooley started with, the schedule is tough, but there are some winnable games on it, he has some experienced starters in certain positions, he has a coaching staff that is very cohesive in their terminology and philosophy. He has no excuse to not do what is expected or more.

So, my thinking is that next years' class is really the start of what needs to be our rise. This year's class will help, and I think we will get better this year than we were last, but I think that it's going to be the next 4 years of recruiting that build us up to what we were. I dare say this 2014 class may be the most important one we've had. JMO.

I agree with you 100%. I'm just saying it will take longer to compete for championships than two years. It will be slow steady improvement. Next fall will determine how well we recruit in 2014. We have to get to a bowl. Seven wins and a bowl win would be ideal. Next year he would have several things working in his favor. One, he'd be coming off a winning season, two he would have had over a year to develope relationships with recruits, and three he has several VOL legacy players that will be available and will be fairly highly ranked.

With a highly ranked class next year, by the time those players are juniors and redshirt sophomores, TN should at least be competing for the east. That's JMO.

If the servers are this slow tonight, I won't even bother tomorrow. Haven't we upgraded a dozen times in the last couple years??

And twice in the past three months.

The server got hammered at 8:00 with everyone hitting refresh as fast as their fingers can click. :) We should hold up pretty well tomorrow, but I'm combing through the logs now trying to troubleshoot where the bottleneck was. Tonight seemed to be more of a configuration issue than a hardware limit.

Reactions: 5 people

The server got hammered at 8:00 with everyone hitting refresh as fast as their fingers can click. :) We should hold up pretty well tomorrow, but I'm combing through the logs now trying to troubleshoot where the bottleneck was. Tonight seemed to be more of a configuration issue than a hardware limit.

Thanks Freak for your hard work. :hi:

You just spoke Cantonese in my opinion.

Excuse me, but I have had titty baby copyrighted for years tyvm.

My sincerest apologies... I would start complaining about this copyright, but then I would be acting like a ....wait....I can't use the term I would like...
In all seriousness... It amazes me how folks freak out over one recruit, or one class. The pendulum of success will swing back to the side of winning. Remember where Alabama was with Shula and the guy that got caught at a strip club? look where Alabama [puke] is now. Quit the whining so-called vol fans and suck it up. Good coaching=better recruitment and winning. Period.

Volger, can I have temporary rights until recruiting winds down for the year? I may just need it.

I have Mountain View property for anyone who thinks Butch Jones is gonna "put us back on top."

Stop being a drama queen.

When your program gets on the coaching carousel, you ride until you find "the guy" at the right time. You have no idea what Jones will or won't do and neither do any of the rest of us. If he's truly a great coach then he'll win some games next fall proving he can coach and will follow that up by getting better players.

That's what will eventually happen with either Jones or his replacement or the replacement's replacement....

Those clamoring for the "big splash" hire are ignorant. There just aren't very many of them and even those there are fail as often as they succeed... See Weis, Sherman, et al. Most programs that turn the corner FINALLY find the guy who has "it" who either catches the program so low that he gets time or catches it with just the right roster.

In either event, Jones will get 2-4 years to either prove or disprove that he's the guy to get UT back to the top. If he isn't... it starts all over with someone else. You will probably be sure that they won't be good enough either.... until someone finally is. This is normal for programs- many have listed currently high flying programs that went through it. No one knows how long it lasts. There is a far greater chance than not that the coach who pulls UT out will NOT be a "big name hire".

So you can whine like a spoiled 12 year girl or you can support whoever the coach is until they've had their shot and failed... until that cycle gets broken.

Stop being a drama queen.

When your program gets on the coaching carousel, you ride until you find "the guy" at the right time. You have no idea what Jones will or won't do and neither do any of the rest of us. If he's truly a great coach then he'll win some games next fall proving he can coach and will follow that up by getting better players.

That's what will eventually happen with either Jones or his replacement or the replacement's replacement....

Those clamoring for the "big splash" hire are ignorant. There just aren't very many of them and even those there are fail as often as they succeed... See Weis, Sherman, et al. Most programs that turn the corner FINALLY find the guy who has "it" who either catches the program so low that he gets time or catches it with just the right roster.

In either event, Jones will get 2-4 years to either prove or disprove that he's the guy to get UT back to the top. If he isn't... it starts all over with someone else. You will probably be sure that they won't be good enough either.... until someone finally is. This is normal for programs- many have listed currently high flying programs that went through it. No one knows how long it lasts. There is a far greater chance than not that the coach who pulls UT out will NOT be a "big name hire".

So you can whine like a spoiled 12 year girl or you can support whoever the coach is until they've had their shot and failed... until that cycle gets broken.

Track records speak volumes, sjt.

Sorry guys, I work pretty late this time of year, so what happened? I have 50 posts per page, and the last I looked at this thread, it was around 30. Now it's on 47. You do the math, lol. But seriously, what happened, and what were his comments for choosing FSU?

I'm assuming the majority of those 17 pages were people freaking out.

Sorry guys, I work pretty late this time of year, so what happened? I have 50 posts per page, and the last I looked at this thread, it was around 30. Now it's on 47. You do the math, lol. But seriously, what happened, and what were his comments for choosing FSU?

I'm assuming the majority of those 17 pages were people freaking out.

you sir are a scholar lol...

he just had to make the decision for himself...no other influences.. he will go forward with his decision from now on!

Wow. Just got off work. I see this thread has became pretty hostile. Another tough break. Hopefully tomorrow brings better news.

My sincerest apologies... I would start complaining about this copyright, but then I would be acting like a ....wait....I can't use the term I would like...
In all seriousness... It amazes me how folks freak out over one recruit, or one class. The pendulum of success will swing back to the side of winning. Remember where Alabama was with Shula and the guy that got caught at a strip club? look where Alabama [puke] is now. Quit the whining so-called vol fans and suck it up. Good coaching=better recruitment and winning. Period.

Volger, can I have temporary rights until recruiting winds down for the year? I may just need it.

I see you haven't been here long.. So you probably don't realize how many times this has been referenced.. I'm truly sick to death of hearing "remember where Bama was a few years ago with Shula" or any of the other remember where this or that program was just a few short years ago yarns...

If I'm going to stroll down memory lane it's going to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 1998 and I ain't going to be remembering Alabama except for when we beat them...

I am ready to WIN some recruiting battles and WIN some damn games.. I am to the point now where I say break out the cash filled suitcases. At least that would put us on even ground with the rest of the conference heavyweights...

VN Store

Back