'13 GA WR Ryan Jenkins (UT signee)

I know. A lot of freshmen take "medical RS" years for basically nonexistent injuries.

I imagine the team trainers getting together with drinks and laughing hysterically as they make up reasons for medical RS every year. Another example of NCAA nonsense.

Because someone asked how he would stack-up against our other WRs next year (returning and freshmen). Jenkins is a very good player, and it sucks that he couldn't get in school until the second enrollment period this summer. After that, he got hurt, which has set him back even more.

At any rate, somewhere in this thread, Orange Venom (a very respectable and reliable poster) stated that Jenkins was one of the best WR in the entire 2013 class (or maybe it was in the South). I couldn't believe we never recruited this kid under Dooley.

Reactions: 1 person
Because someone asked how he would stack-up against our other WRs next year (returning and freshmen). Jenkins is a very good player, and it sucks that he couldn't get in school until the second enrollment period this summer. After that, he got hurt, which has set him back even more.

At any rate, somewhere in this thread, Orange Venom (a very respectable and reliable poster) stated that Jenkins was one of the best WR in the entire 2013 class (or maybe it was in the South). I couldn't believe we never recruited this kid under Dooley.

Pretty much agree with this. Jenkins is gonna be a baller. People forget that a RS year for these kids is actually the way it's supposed to be for the most. Ryan in time is gonna turn it out.

How long until someone does a Pop style "Injury" like Duncans?
Tim-Duncan-Did-Not-Play-Old.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
One of the reporters who cover the Vols characterized Jenkins' knee injury as "battling a worrisome chronic injury." When I hear the term chronic, I immediately think of Meredith. Are we facing a Meredith type situation with Jenkins? There was so much excitement about the potential of Jenkins, these injury reports are a bit concerning. Does anyone have any additional info on Jenkins' injury? Thanks.

VN Store

Back