13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the situations are quite different. UT normally doesn't go 5-7. Sure the last 5 years or so have been a disaster, but historically the Vols always field a pretty good team. A hell of a lot better than a 5-7 team. UT has won a NC during these recruits childhood.

Meanwhile Vanderbilt has always been awful. Most of the time, 5-7 is a dream season for Vandy.

UT has much better history, tradition, coaching, facilities, and NFL pipeline that Vandy ever has or will have.

So when UT has a bad year they can still recruit with the nation's best. Vanderbilt, while on the rise for sure, can't do that. Even in their best years they can't out recruit UT.

This is very true and what separates the elite from the rest. It was the same for bama, actually worse they were down for about 8 years and had fallen all the way to 3 and 4 wins a season. Do you know who you have to lose to, to only have 3 wins. However we all knew they would eventually be back. Its just a matter of getting the right people in place and some things going your way. If you have the fanbase, facilities, tradition, and money, you just need the right coaches to get back. The programs where the losing years are the exception will always return and still be able to out recruit the programs where winning seasons are the exception, not the norm.

Its only been 4 years by the way, dont make it worse than it already is! :)

Reactions: 1 person
He says there are no leaders. I'll say Tennessee has positioned itself well early. One thing is or sure with Bell, he's very comfortable with Tennessee. He even came up to the Georgia basketball game with some friends just to watch the game, not on a visit of anything.
-Fortenberry, VQ.

I finally watched his Jr. highlight tape. All I'll say is, given his background and comfortability with UT, if we don't land this kid, I will be pissed.

Getting some serious love from Barton Simmons..

@bartonsimmons: while I was at Vonn Bell's high school #vandy called his coach to offer. He might be the best safety in America. Ok State has also offered.

Getting some serious love from Barton Simmons..

@bartonsimmons: while I was at Vonn Bell's high school #vandy called his coach to offer. He might be the best safety in America. Ok State has also offered.

I like Bell and all but Antonio Connor is the best Safety prospect in the country.

Is that what Connor is set on playing in college?

He's so athletic he could play a number of positions at the next level.

He can play Reciever, safety, runing back, and he's a pretty good kick and punt returner too. Safety though is the position for him though i'd say.

Vonn Bell is hands down an elite prospect and one of the best combo safeties in HS PERIOD. If you can't see it, I strongly suggest you watch the film again and/or call your local optometrist. He has all the tangibles and seems to be always around the football. You guys can take the video game highlight videos of some other prospects and give me this kid because he's a football player in every sense of the phrase.

Vonn Bell is hands down an elite prospect and one of the best combo safeties in HS PERIOD. If you can't see it, I strongly suggest you watch the film again and/or call your local optometrist. He has all the tangibles and seems to be always around the football. You guys can take the video game highlight videos of some other prospects and give me this kid because he's a football player in every sense of the phrase.

+1

We've got to lock this one up.(I believe we will) he would pair up well with McNeil on the back end.

+1

We've got to lock this one up.(I believe we will) he would pair up well with McNeil on the back end.

*nods in agreement* Remember not too long ago when playing safety at Tennessee was like playing O-Line at USC?. When everybody went to the league and/or was a playmaker.

Preach on Brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back