13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how Michigan's O-line looks, and I know Auburn is basically having to clean up after Chizik but I'm sure Coach Graham has brought up the fact that our O-line is going to make someone look real good next year. If ain't Green or Ford--it'll be someone!

Their line today is average, but their 2013 class has four 4*'s and a 5* and best guard in the country coming in along with a 5* LT from 2012 that red-shirted from an injury last year.

That's his current draw to UM right now.

Their line today is average, but their 2013 class has four 4*'s and a 5* and best guard in the country coming in along with a 5* LT from 2012 that red-shirted from an injury last year.

That's his current draw to UM right now.

That's all well and good, but none of them have done anything on the football field as of yet. And strength and conditioning is a huge jump from HS to college for O-linemen. The cool part at UT is that we have an O-line that has been redshirted, conditioned, and is ready to go for 2014 when the current crew graduates.

I don't think we can do enough with an in-home and a visit to get him here. Bama...

Why? Because he took a picture with Saban in a Bama zip up jacket?

I guess we should assume using the same logic that Marquez North, Christian Morris, and Jason Carr is 100% Vol seeing as though they took a photo in UT jerseys.

I guess we should assume using the same logic that Marquez North, Christian Morris, and Jason Carr is 100% Vol seeing as though they took a photo in UT jerseys.

More like...it's been said for the past two months that he likes both Bama and OSU with little talk of UT. I just don't see one weekend swaying him away. Hope I'm wrong.

More like...it's been said for the past two months that he likes both Bama and OSU with little talk of UT. I just don't see one weekend swaying him away. Hope I'm wrong.

Don't think it has been one weekend. CBJ and staff have been on him since they took over the program. If anything with Bell growing up a Vol fan, I would imagine like the rest of us, he is excited seeing the differences between what a legit coach is doing compared to Dooley.

I would point out that there is a big difference. Morris, Carr, and North were photographed in UT gear at UT while on their OV. Bell was photographed in Bama gear at his high school.

I would point out that there is a big difference. Morris, Carr, and North were photographed in UT gear at UT while on their OV. Bell was photographed in Bama gear at his high school.

Which I'm sure a Bama staffer had readily available for him to put on. I'm willing to let this all play out without judgment as long as we get our OV and in home.

If Vonn Bell was a Bama lock, then he would just go ahead and commit. Maybe he favors bama, perhaps? But not to the point where his mind is already made up imo.

If Vonn Bell was a Bama lock, then he would just go ahead and commit. Maybe he favors bama, perhaps? But not to the point where his mind is already made up imo.

Or he has an announcement time/date set and is not going to announce until that time. Alot of these kids eat up the attention.

Or he has an announcement time/date set and is not going to announce until that time. Alot of these kids eat up the attention.

Or we acutually might have a shot. Bama's name gets mentioned and everyone assumes that we can't win a battle with them. It's true that we haven't all year, but things do change.

You're new, so you don't get that VN has no moderation, one extreme or another. He's had his mind made up and the decision is set in stone, just like every recruit.

Or we acutually might have a shot. Bama's name gets mentioned and everyone assumes that we can't win a battle with them. It's true that we haven't all year, but things do change.

We won out on the battle for Sal Sunseri.... oh wait, I guess they actually won that too :eek:lol:

These kids should realize that even if they don't ride the pine all of the time there is likely too much talent for them to stand out at Bama. They can be a difference maker in front of 100,000 rabid fans here. They are guaranteed to be noticed if they are as good as they think they are.

I've always predicted Bama as the leader.

Ohio St. is a school he was actually interested in finding out more. Also, to have the time to talk with Urban Meyer. Remember, Bell grew up watching the SEC and Meyer win Championships. Same as Saban at LSU and now Alabama.

You can't blame a kid to "work" for the best in the business if he was offered.

The TN visit, IMO, is courtesy. He'll definitely enjoy the visit but I think his mind is already set. In his mind, I really think he would WISH he was at Tennessee but his mindset is just like all of us. How do we REALLY know that CBJ and his staff will succeed and compete in the SEC?

Saban - Proven
Urban Meyer - Proven
CBJ -- TBA...

I've always predicted Bama as the leader.

Ohio St. is a school he was actually interested in finding out more. Also, to have the time to talk with Urban Meyer. Remember, Bell grew up watching the SEC and Meyer win Championships. Same as Saban at LSU and now Alabama.

You can't blame a kid to "work" for the best in the business if he was offered.

The TN visit, IMO, is courtesy. He'll definitely enjoy the visit but I think his mind is already set. In his mind, I really think he would WISH he was at Tennessee but his mindset is just like all of us. How do we REALLY know that CBJ and his staff will succeed and compete in the SEC?

Saban - Proven
Urban Meyer - Proven
CBJ -- TBA...

Being a Vols never hurt Eric Berry. I will be interested to see what he wears when Butch comes calling..

Reactions: 2 people
Being a Vols never hurt Eric Berry. I will be interested to see what he wears when Butch comes calling..

Eric Berry was recruited by Phillip Fulmer who was proven.
Nonetheless, I still think we have a good chance with VB. Since his childhood he has loved UT, and that has to mean something. I just don't see how someone who has grown up a UT fan can justify playing for Bama, regardless of their recent successes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back