13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with Dooley, we are going to have players that are going to be in the NFL and probably go in the first round..

Vonn Bell needs to come to Tennessee... He will be on TV most every week. Didn't the VOLS break ratings records for the networks twice? Even with our stinky team?

CBJ's staff has players in the NFL...You're being a drama queen.

Agree. And Tennessee has put more players in the NFL over the last twenty-five years than just about any school in the country. We have a track record of success there, which should be proven again in this year's draft.

Dumb to think kids avoid Tennessee because they are concerned whether their chances at the NFL may be hurt.

Kids avoid Tennessee right now because of the recent down years and the constant coaching turnover. Give us stability and a winning season, and we will be back in the hunt for top recruits and titles in no time.

Reactions: 2 people
Even with Dooley, we are going to have players that are going to be in the NFL and probably go in the first round..

Vonn Bell needs to come to Tennessee... He will be on TV most every week. Didn't the VOLS break ratings records for the networks twice? Even with our stinky team?

He does need to come here. He would be an instant legend.

Reactions: 1 person
After watching Vonn in the game yesterday be is gonna be a player I'll try to watch during college wherever he chooses. Great player with a great head on his shoulders

CUM is way more proven than CBJ. Like way more proven, won a couple national titles, conference campionships yada yada yada. So what i'm gathering from your previous post is that VB should go with the proven coach if he wants to succeed.

Wrong! VB should come play at Tennessee bc it's where the competition, constant media recognition and better facilities are.

What I'm saying is he needs to go with the coaching staff that he feels most comfortable with as it pertains to him getting to the NFL and having success. Could he come here and succeed? Absolutely. But maybe he feels another staff coaches him up better and improves his draft stock by a round or two.

CBJ's staff has players in the NFL...You're being a drama queen.

Yes, saying we shouldn't bash an 18 year old if he doesn't pick UT makes me a drama queen. All you little girls that whine and cry and attack these recruits that don't commit to UT, you girls are the normal ones. Let the kid make his choice and whatever it is, show some class, wish him the best of luck, and move on.

Yes, saying we shouldn't bash an 18 year old if he doesn't pick UT makes me a drama queen. All you little girls that whine and cry and attack these recruits that don't commit to UT, you girls are the normal ones. Let the kid make his choice and whatever it is, show some class, wish him the best of luck, and move on.

Uh, you were the one crying about how his decision would impact his future. Most posters were just stating facts. And the fact that you are calling people names for stating their opinions is pretty immature. That is what this board is all about.

I didn't realize EB played for Butch Jones and this staff. Guess that shows me.

Who the coaching staff is doesn't make that big a deal. A good player is going to make it to the NFL. How many players come from FCS schools and make it to the pros.

Agree. And Tennessee has put more players in the NFL over the last twenty-five years than just about any school in the country. We have a track record of success there, which should be proven again in this year's draft.

Dumb to think kids avoid Tennessee because they are concerned whether their chances at the NFL may be hurt.

Kids avoid Tennessee right now because of the recent down years and the constant coaching turnover. Give us stability and a winning season, and we will be back in the hunt for top recruits and titles in no time.

You counter your own arguement. So is it dumb to think kids are avoiding us because all of the recent turmoil(which very well could play into where they are drafted thus effecting how much they make) or is it we need a few years of stability to really be attractive to top recruits?

Some of you are missing the whole damn point. The poster I first responded to was already calling VB out if he doesn't commit to UT. What f'ing good does that do us and how much maturity does it show? I listed some reasons he might look elsewhere and people decided to jump on the "draft" aspect I took. Has anyone else noticed the last several years we've had talented guys get drafted lower than they should have because of poor coaching? Even with the rookie cap now, where you are drafted still has bearing on what you get paid. I can easily see a smart recruit noticing that. Throw in we're onto another new coaching staff, and what exactly about UT instills confidence? Hopefully the answer will be the coaches when they sit down with him, but from the outside looking in, it's not hard to see why VB has questions.

Uh, you were the one crying about how his decision would impact his future. Most posters were just stating facts. And the fact that you are calling people names for stating their opinions is pretty immature. That is what this board is all about.

Literacy, try it. See the post to which I responded to see where name calling commenced.

Smokescreens, guys. VB has been a silent commit for 6 months, just wait. I have friends that have friends that know people who know people. Stay calm.

Who the coaching staff is doesn't make that big a deal. A good player is going to make it to the NFL. How many players come from FCS schools and make it to the pros.

And where are these players normally drafted, if they are drafted? Where you are selected in the draft determines how much you will be paid. Would you rather be paid more, or less?

Smokescreens, guys. VB has been a silent commit for 6 months, just wait. I have friends that have friends that know people who know people. Stay calm.

I am calm. I hope VB does choose UT. I hope our staff instills confidence in him. I'm just tired of posters that bash a young man for making a life choice they don't agree with. It's his future, not ours. Leave the kid alone IMO. But the same people who bash him here will be the ones on twitter and other social media bashing him if he doesn't pick UT. I don't put much stock in a MB actually effecting a recruit, but we don't need the embarassment of a Vol meltdown on social media.

I am calm. I hope VB does choose UT. I hope our staff instills confidence in him. I'm just tired of posters that bash a young man for making a life choice they don't agree with. It's his future, not ours. Leave the kid alone IMO. But the same people who bash him here will be the ones on twitter and other social media bashing him if he doesn't pick UT. I don't put much stock in a MB actually effecting a recruit, but we don't need the embarassment of a Vol meltdown on social media.

I'm guessing you didn't get the sarcasm. My whole post was a joke (except that VB is a silent commit). That being said, I agree 100% that people should not bash anyone that does not elect to go here... Tee Martin and John Gruden included. It doesn't do anything to the state of where the program currently sits, nor does it make us look at all favorable to people (recruits, parents, etc) that may be lurkers on these message boards..

Anyway... hope against hope that VB does don the orange and white come game time.

I'm guessing you didn't get the sarcasm. My whole post was a joke (except that VB is a silent commit). That being said, I agree 100% that people should not bash anyone that does not elect to go here... Tee Martin and John Gruden included. It doesn't do anything to the state of where the program currently sits, nor does it make us look at all favorable to people (recruits, parents, etc) that may be lurkers on these message boards..

Anyway... hope against hope that VB does don the orange and white come game time.

Naw, I saw the sarcasm and lulzed. But I also saw a chance to get across the point I was tring to make. Sorry if I caught you off guard.

Here's the way I see it, I want VB to be a Vol in the worst way. If he choses a school other than the Vols I don't really care one way or another. Don't wish bad luck on him. Won't hate on him. Just really couldn't care less about him. I care about and appreciate the young men that chose to be Volunteers. I don't give a rat's a$$ about the elephants or the tree nuts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
And where are these players normally drafted, if they are drafted? Where you are selected in the draft determines how much you will be paid. Would you rather be paid more, or less?

So if EB played for Tennessee St instead of Tennessee you're saying he wouldn't have been picked in the first round?

You counter your own arguement. So is it dumb to think kids are avoiding us because all of the recent turmoil(which very well could play into where they are drafted thus effecting how much they make) or is it we need a few years of stability to really be attractive to top recruits?

Some of you are missing the whole damn point. The poster I first responded to was already calling VB out if he doesn't commit to UT. What f'ing good does that do us and how much maturity does it show? I listed some reasons he might look elsewhere and people decided to jump on the "draft" aspect I took. Has anyone else noticed the last several years we've had talented guys get drafted lower than they should have because of poor coaching? Even with the rookie cap now, where you are drafted still has bearing on what you get paid. I can easily see a smart recruit noticing that. Throw in we're onto another new coaching staff, and what exactly about UT instills confidence? Hopefully the answer will be the coaches when they sit down with him, but from the outside looking in, it's not hard to see why VB has questions.

I noticed that you kind of trivialized education. Saying that's not what the kids are looking at. But what do you think the parents, guardians, HS coaches look at? That their kid/player can go pro and make a bunch of money? Or go to a staff that can take care of the kid and help him mature and make the most of his time in an institution of higher learning? I know we are all football fans, but you do realize a very few number of kids make it to the NFL right? And those that do many don't play long after they get there. So why not help a 17/18 year old kid see the value of a free education and get as close as they can to get a degree so they can survive in society after football? While you can't fault a kid for wanting to go to a winner like an Urban Meyer, you also can't skate over the discipline problems he had along with those 2 rings. That mindset is what causes these kids to lose out in life not going to a university rich in tradition going through a coaching change.

Flacco was at Penn State before Delaware. Not a valid point.

Actually he was a backup at Pittsburg his freshman year having 1 completion for the entire season before transferring to Delaware. Seems like a pretty valid example. There are hundreds of good examples though. NFL teams spend millions to find talent wherever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back