'13 GA DT Montravius Adams

From Clemson Rivals -

The nation's No. 2 defensive tackle recruit, Montravius Adams, made his long awaited return to Clemson on Saturday. The 5-star recruit was on campus from 2 p.m. until 7 p.m.

"We talked to the coaches when we got there and my mom went in and talked to him," Adams told Tigerillustrated.com Sunday evening. "They talked for a good while. I sat in. He talked mostly about how it's family based. He talked about the education, how they'd care for me there. They talked about a lot of stuff ... about my future and all that."

What did she and her son like about their time in Clemson?

"She said she liked everything," Adams said. "She said she liked that place. Clemson is very family based. She likes where it's at. It's like where we are from. It's far away from trouble. It reminds her of back home. I had a good time."

The Vienna (GA) Dooly County standout did more prior to kickoff.

"I went into the locker room with the players," Adams said. "From there we went on the field with the defensive linemen. Then we went to our seats. We went in at half and coach was talking to them. Oh yea, we also went by the hill before we went to our seats before the game. After the game my mom wanted to talk to the coaches some more. Then we left after that. A couple of people told me to go to Clemson and some fans wanted my autograph."

Clemson wound up winning, 45-10, over Maryland on Saturday.

The No. 3 recruit in Georgia, according to Rivals.com, kept an eye on the defensive tackles during the contest.

"When I got home I got on the computer and looked up their defensive line," Adams said. "They are pretty young so they have time to improve. They are short, too."

The recruiter of record, offensive line coach Robbie Caldwell, and defensive tackles coach Dan Brooks, added to Swinney's message.

"They want me to come back down for an official visit," Adams said. "That way my mom can see more and I can be with the coaches more then, too."

Is that a possibility?

"Yea probably," Adams said.

What was the best part of this visit?

"For my momma to bond with the coaches," Adams said.

The blue-chipper also spoke with Sammy Watkins before and after the game.

"I told him I played tight end on Friday and caught a 30-yard pass," Adams said. "He said I shouldn't be doing that because I'm a lineman. But I told him I'm an athlete."

The nation's No. 16 overall recruit regardless of position plans to watch a couple of friends, Georgia guard commit Brandon Kublanow and Alabama running back commit Tyren Jones, play for Marietta (GA) Walton on Friday as his team is off this week before they start playoff action a week from Friday.

He'll head to the Iron Bowl as Alabama hosts Auburn on November 24.

Then it will be time for official visits. The 6-foot-4, 295-pounder will take one in December and four in January prior to making his public college choice a few days before National Signing Day.

So far, Adams knows LSU, Oregon and USC will receive official visits.

"I don't know my other two yet," he said. "I don't yet when I'll decide on those two. I know I'll trim my list down to six schools after my season is done."

The touted defensive lineman has kept a close eye on fellow Peach State 5-star defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche and his recent de-commit from Clemson.

"When I talked to coach Swinney about it he said Robert wanted to go on other visits and if he wanted to do that he'd have to de-commit to do that," Adams said. "That's the reason why I'm waiting (before I commit). I'm not ready to stop taking visits elsewhere yet."

As a senior, through his team's first 10 games, Adams has 90 tackles and eight sacks.

As a junior, he recorded 84 tackles and 10 sacks and led the country with 45 tackles for loss at nose guard.

As a sophomore, the lineman collected 73 tackles and 15sacks.

Outside of Robert Nkemdiche, Adams is the No. 1 defensive target for many schools in the Southeast. The defensive tackle has been tight-lipped about his favorites, but recently took a trip to Clemson and is planning a visit to Alabama for the Iron Bowl this weekend. He's also been adamant that his mother will play a key role in his decision and has visits set to LSU, Oregon and USC.

Because of his relationship with his mother and many of the schools in the mix being so far from home, I still think Adams will end up staying home and going to Georgia. He has a chance to make an immediate impact in Athens and the ability to be far, but not too far from home.

Rivals

"(Coach Trooper Taylor) asked me if I was still considering Auburn, he wanted me to be truthful," Adams said. "Me and coach Chizik were cool, I had a good relationship with him, I got to know his wife and kids, but I can still see myself playing there.

"I still like Auburn, I don't look at Auburn any differently now. I really like the school, the campus, and the program beyond just the coaches anyway. That's a plus because that isn't changing."

Adams spoke with coach Taylor late Sunday evening to discuss how he will move forward with his interest in Auburn.

"Coach Taylor said he will keep me in the loop and stay in touch with me. I want to see who the new head coach will be now," said Adams. "I'm not eliminating Auburn because Chizik was let go, they are still very much in the picture for me."

Adams still plans to visit Auburn, but has to wait for a new coach to be hired before he can iron out the details of an exact visit date.

From AU Rivals

Maybe if we get the right guy we can sneak in the back door with this kid. I would love to have this kid for three years.

He only has one visit set up so far and that is to Clemson Jan 11th. Plans on announcing Jan 19th.

I only have one set and that’s to Clemson on the January 11th. I’m going to commit on the 19th. I don’t know if I’ll take any after then, but I’ll probably just commit and cut it off.”

Hmmm...who is the DL coach at Clemson? Marion Hobby! Man, I would have loved seeing him on this staff, although I think Stripling is a great DL coach, too.

watching his game that just started.

Notes:

*he's the place kicker- boomed it back to the goal line, and had nice coverage
*defensive line are all seniors
*all four linebacker are Juniors

*thier opponet today has one OT that is a Sr. the other four are two Juniors and two Sophomores.
*Adams is lining up agains a Sophomore. On pass plays they are double teaming Adams, even triple teamed him once

*the other DT next to Adams is HUGE! if Adams is a legit 300 pounds then this dude must be 350. doesn't look like a slouch either, but lines up like a yard off the ball?

*first touchdown by the opponent was a goal line stand. they went for it on fouth and one for a first down. ran it right up the middle. Then ran two more plays for the TD.

*Adams is the TE on offense.

*Announcers said Nick Saban met Adams when he got off the bus at 6:00 am.... I'm sure Saban is there to meet other prospects, too, but that's impressive.

*Other team just had a 50 yard run for anohter TD. They run a wing-T, and it looks pretty good. Reminds me of when I went to Soddy-Daisy: cerca 1996-2000.

Right now it looks like that young OL is getting the better of that Senior laden defense.

I'll try to update again towards the end.

Not too impressed. On paper it seems Dooly Co. should dominate. Huge team with seniors against a young team. However, Adams and Co. arent stopping the wing-t effectively.

Also, Adams has two untimely penalties. On the first drive the opponent had 3rd and 4, and Adams jumped off sides. Just before the half, they had the ball 4th and 1 in the red zone. Adams lines up at RB, and he jumps false start, end of the drive right before half and they fail to score.

Probably the best player on the field is James Brown for the red team. I think I heard them say he's committed to Notre Dame. He's making plays on both sides. Spectacular interception , and very athletic runs breaking tackles. He looks like he'll be a star at the next level.

Lastly, Adams boomed another kickoff to the goal line. So, the first one wasn't a fluke. He punts too, but not as good as his place kicking

I know nobdy cares about updates on Adams, or this game.... But I'll post anyways

This Brown RB is the real deal. Also helps that the younger and smaller OL is dominating! Adams appears to be hurt. Doesn't surprise me. He's gettin whipped by a Sophomore!

I know nobdy cares about updates on Adams, or this game.... But I'll post anyways

This Brown RB is the real deal. Also helps that the younger and smaller OL is dominating! Adams appears to be hurt. Doesn't surprise me. He's gettin whipped by a Sophomore!

Brown runs tough!

He's on the bench, hands on his face, appears to be crying....

Stupid announcers won't shut up about him. This is the Montavious Adams football show.

Brown 53 yard TD catch...

I didn't see a thread on him. He is special. That was a sweet one handed grab in front of two defenders. Notre Dame has a great one!

Reactions: 1 person
Wait, they just said he's only a Junior. Maybe I heard the Notre Dame commitment about someone else...

Adams no longer playing.... Can't judge a guy off one game, but this is embarrassing for him. Not sure he's the #1 DT....

Adams no longer playing.... Can't judge a guy off one game, but this is embarrassing for him. Not sure he's the #1 DT....

I only got to watch the 1st half, but I would agree with you. He doesn't look like the #1 DT in the country to me either. He should be dominating the LOS in this classification...1A. Rod Crayton dominates the LOS and he gets double and triple-teamed as well. I like Crayton more than Adams, but may have just been a bad game.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back