'13 FL RB Tarean Folston

I expect Ivey to commit to UF before the month is out.

UT could be a player for Folson. UF is either going to take him or Mercer as an ATH before the summer is over.

Yeah, we will just take the scraps after the almighty muschamp gators are done eating... Haha

Hit the hole fast, cut, and go.

Nah they'll put that quick two step on you as we call it. Or rocking the baby to sleep. The Florida boys got that style of running down. The Texas Rbs seem to be really downhill backs all together. They usually enjoy much better blocking in their tapes too. Cali backs are real flashy runners. While Georgia and Bama backs rough/rumble type of backs. You really don't want to tackle those dudes all game. That's what I see year in and year out from these states.

There is a rumor on VQ that we will be getting good news from a RB from FL and a DL this week. Normally, I don't care what a random poster puts out there, but it's the silly season. Purely speculation (no facts), would you guys be excited if this is our guy?

Well hell yeah! He has 4 stars and like a zillion offers!

wooooo!

It was meant to be a joke, as in he isn't talking to anyone so he really takes the term silent committ literally. Not saying that is the case.

Last edited:
What ever happened with this guy? There was some noise like he might commit at camp, but I haven't seen anything on him since his visit? Would be a great get!

Not much has came out about him since the visit. I think that we are still heavily pursuing some others. I don't know where Folston falls on the pecking order. I know we're interested but who knows how much????

Camped at FSU and impressed but no offer atp.

“I haven’t narrowed things down just yet, but I’ll be able to narrow down the list towards the end of summer. I may take some other visits. I’ve done the Miami came, the Tennessee camp and now the Florida State camp. Although the Florida State offer is up in the air, another in-state school has made it clear that they want Folston to give them a strong look.

“USF is a real good school and they have offered me,” mentioned Folston. “They are on me pretty good. It’s a real good program. They really want me to come down this summer. Coach (Peter) Vaas is the one recruiting me from there and he’s a real good guy.” 247

Not much has came out about him since the visit. I think that we are still heavily pursuing some others. I don't know where Folston falls on the pecking order. I know we're interested but who knows how much????

With the way things appear to be going with our other RB's, I think we may start getting "more interested" soon.

VQ said he came to the visit ready to be a Vol, but the coaches weren't ready to take his commitment.

Not sure this is entirely accurate. There is mutual interest but neither side was ready for a commitment. Hinshaw is doing a good job getting us in on some top RBs...I think Vol fans are going to be pleased with our RB class.

If it was a poster then that is one thing...but I don't see staff saying that

VN Store

Back