'13 FL RB Derrick Henry (Bama commit)

I look for Rainey to be a Nole in the '12 class and Henry to be a Nole in the '13 class.

A Tennessee coach was at Henrys practice today checking on him & his teammate Kelvin Rainey.

UF is favorite w/ UGA right behind them and FSU a somewhat close 3rd as of right now. Cause UGA is most likely gonna get the #1 RB in the country 2 years running, this probably ends up being a UF-FSU battle. UA and SC are also in contention.

grew up a gator fan but didn't care for Meyer and company...Henry, Lane and Lil Taylor. WOW!

After being "blown away" his first visit, he will attend Dawg Night. I think the relationship w/ Ramsey will help us even more.....UF is still the team to beat.

Last edited:
HG, he'll be top 10 overall next year...right? I personally think he should challenge Robert Nkemdichie for the top spot.

I hate when people compare Henry to Wilder. Henry is bigger and faster as a soph. than wilder as a senior. Not to mention their running styles are completely different.

Derrick Henry, RB, Yulee (Yulee, Fla.)
Henry was easily the top underclassman and arguably the top player in attendance. The 6-foot-2, 231-pound power back secured a 123.09 SPARQ Rating pushing him to the top of the pack in the chase for the SPARQ Rating National Championship. His 4.53-second 40 and explosive 38.5-inch vertical are the type of numbers that have college scouts flocking to the Class 2A school located outside of Jacksonville, Fla. With more than 50 offers in the bag Henry could be the most coveted player in the talent-rich Sunshine State for the class of 2013.

Marcus Dupree anyone? That may be stretching it but he could set records at UF.

I don't believe they are comparing the two as players, just both seem to project better at DE/OLB than RB in the long run.

In the SPARQ finale tonight at the Opening he ran an electronic 4.45 40 to go with a 38.5" vertical jump and 4.21 shuttle, oh and he's 6'3" 232 pounds.
-Rivals.

4.27 shuttle time and 41.5 powerball throw...compete BEAST! Henry and Matt Jones in the same backfield :cray:

I didn't know that about the powerball throw. That is even more impressive. That powerball throw aint no joke. It is harder than it looks.

And you think Henry and Jones will be playing college ball together? You're probably right...

I'm going to be more than content with UT and 2013 RB Keyante Green though.

Henry showed out at The Opening. His testing results were great. I am impressed with that 40 and his shuttle time. Collins destroyed it yesterday, but this guy is impressive for his size.

I didn't know that about the powerball throw. That is even more impressive. That powerball throw aint no joke. It is harder than it looks.

And you think Henry and Jones will be playing college ball together? You're probably right...

I'm going to be more than content with UT and 2013 RB Keyante Green though.

I wasn't a big fan of Henry's going into the summer but I watched the kid at the Miami 7 on 7...I'm sold. If you look at his numbers from The Opening he was right behind Collins in every event...at 235 pound its unreal.

Last edited:
I wasn't a big fan of Henry's going into the summer but I watched the kid at the Miami 7 on 7...I'm sold. If you look at his numbers from The Opening he was right behind Collins in everything event...at 235 pound its unreal.

I completely agree. If I was a UF I would be sold too. Henry is an athletic freak. And I know those words get thrown around alot with recruits, but this one is for real. Being able to be that big and muscular and still that fast is unreal. I would love UT to have a chance at him, but we don't.

I was just saying on the bright side I feel very confident with K.Green for 2013. He most likely won't be ranked as high as Henry, but he won't be far behind. I think Keyante will be a high 4* at least. Reminds many people of Mark Ingram. I recommend you to watch his highlight film, HG.

I agree with Luginbill...Julio Jones 2.0 will be playing on Defense in college
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back