'12 TX LB Dalton Santos (Texas Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems like they are cutting a little weight with some of the lesser ranked guys....Santos being the exception. The rules goes into place this Oct so just a hunch...wouldn't surprise me to see them jump ship after the ESPn deal Texas just got.

what rule?

"Tennessee, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, TCU, Missouri and a few more have been by," Santos told Aggieyell.com. "There's been a few more. I honestly can't remember them all."

"Well, Texas A&M seems to be after me the most, along with Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas and OU. I hear from those schools in some form or fashion every day," he said.

"In no particular order it's A&M, OU, Tennessee, Arkansas, TCU and Alabama," he said. "I'll probably decide on where to commit in late September, early October, some time in there."
-Rivals

We have an excellent shot here.

If he goes out of Texas/Oklahoma, I'd say we have a great shot. But A&M is recruiting lights out right now, so that will be a tough task

If we could add Santos and Marcus Allen to Henderson, this years linebacker class would be great for us.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think Norman, OK is actually closer to his home town than College Station, TX. Oklahoma & A&M have the advantage if he wants to stay closer to home.

Hubbs and PF said in the live chat on VQ tonight that it looks like everyone is chasing Alabama for Santos as of right now. Hopefully, things will improve with a visit this summer.

Last edited:
If he's really interested in early playing time, u think that would help our case against bama..I'm sure they're stacked at lb

Would be a huge pickup if we can land him. Always good to try and open recruiting roads in Texas as well.

One thing that has Santos intrigued about the Vols is linebacker coach Peter Sirmon and his seven years experience in the NFL.

"For sure that's something you've got to look at. He made it to the league and if you play in the league you're the best there is. You just don't make the league if you're not any good. If he was successful for (seven) years like he was, I mean then he's got so many good things he could teach me and let me know and what to key and what to look for that I could use in my everyday game and that really helps me and that's a big factor as well," Santos added.

- VQ

Plans on visiting UT in July. Likes Peter Sirmon and stays in contact with the coaches on a regular basis. Said that TN recruitment of him has picked up in the last few weeks. He decided to open his recruitment back up after looking at the LBs in the Big 12 and the LBs in the SEC. He thinks his size translates better to the SEC. Also didn't like that Ok State didn't want him to take any visits.

We need to close strong at LB. These 3:

Kwon Alexander

Kaiwan Lewis

Dalton Santos

along with Khalid.

- VQ

Plans on visiting UT in July. Likes Peter Sirmon and stays in contact with the coaches on a regular basis. Said that TN recruitment of him has picked up in the last few weeks. He decided to open his recruitment back up after looking at the LBs in the Big 12 and the LBs in the SEC. He thinks his size translates better to the SEC. Also didn't like that Ok State didn't want him to take any visits.

Very nice :good!:

I still can't see us actually landing Alexander. Pipe dream, IMO. Tyrone Neal is much more realistic with the others being Lewis, Santos(long way to go), and throw in Allen. If we land that I wouldn't be surprised to see Henderson told to look elsewhere.

That would be one heck of a class, the kind you think will get our team where it needs to be. Santos and Lewis have the build already to play right away.

I still can't see us actually landing Alexander. Pipe dream, IMO. Tyrone Neal is much more realistic with the others being Lewis, Santos(long way to go), and throw in Allen. If we land that I wouldn't be surprised to see Henderson told to look elsewhere.

That would be one heck of a class, the kind you think will get our team where it needs to be. Santos and Lewis have the build already to play right away.

+1. If they can land even two out of Allen, Santos, Lewis and Neal it would be a definite upgrade for the Linebacker unit. They need guys of that level of talent in the worst way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back