'12 TN OL Andrew Jelks

Jelks visited Vandy this weekend and left with an offer. This is his 4th offer overall with Arkansas State, Louisville, and Duke being the others. States that Vandy has pulled even with Duke to lead for his services.

"I'd put Duke and Vandy in front right now," Jelks said. "Vandy definitely has a shot. I've been waiting for that SEC offer. They will definitely be a factor. I'll definitely be thinking about them."
"I met with Coach [Herb Hand], the offensive line coach," Jelks said. "I met with Coach [James Franklin], the head coach, and Coach [John Donovan], the offensive coordinator. They just talked about the plan they have for Vanderbilt in the next couple of years. They said they want a player like me that has their head on right and is a good football player. They said they can change the culture at Vanderbilt if they get players like me."
-Rivals.

I do not think they would have offered if he wasn't a take. If the offer is real, and I suspect it is, it's committable.

Thanks, BigGuy.

I really like the way the coaches played it with Jelks. I don't think they would have gone through the trouble of bringing him up and surprising him with an offer if they didn't want him.

Jelks said he didnt commit today & named a top 3 of Tennessee, Duke, & Vanderbilt.

Jelks said he didnt commit today & named a top 3 of Tennessee, Duke, & Vanderbilt.

Just once I like to see us offer an in-state kid early (i.e. Someone we think highly of amd we're not offering last second to fill a spot) and have them commit on the spot...I think I'd faint if that happened

JB has a story coming up in a few but Jelks said it's a dream come true to get an offer from UT but he wont commit anywhere for a few months.

JB has a story coming up in a few but Jelks said it's a dream come true to get an offer from UT but he wont commit anywhere for a few months.

He better be careful if that's really his plan...he might end up like Derek King

“It was a huge day for me,” Jelks told InsideTennessee.com. “There aren’t words to describe how it felt to get an offer from the University of Tennessee. I was overwhelmed.”

“I will wait this spring and most of the summer to see how recruiting goes,” Jelks said. “I’m very proud of the offer Derek Dooley extended to me today.”

Does he have an early favorite?

“Tennessee and Vanderbilt are my two favorites,” Jelks said. “If I had to pick one, it would have to be Tennessee.”
- Scout

Said he LOVED the visit & it had a family feel at UT. Was teammates w/ Teague at Henry Co High.

VN Store

Back