'12 TN ATH Cody Blanc (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Local Knoxville player.

-Plays RB and S for the Bobcats.

-Very lanky, skinny player, but extremely quick.

-Most likely will project as a WR or S in college.

cool to see cody get some recognition... having played with him in the past do you think he could earn some lower level D1 offers?

cool to see cody get some recognition... having played with him in the past do you think he could earn some lower level D1 offers?

Yes. I honestly think he could.

He has been timed consistently in the 4.4s-4.5s. He ran a 4.5 flat electric time in front of UT's coaching staff. He has also been blowing up and impressing at every camp he has been at.

On the otherhand, he is a bit lanky and I don't see him being anywhere big enough to play RB in college. His future in college is at the slot or DB on defense, but the problem is he hasn't had enough experience or exposure at the WR position.

I believe he has the talent and speed to play at a lower-level D1 school, but IMO it will have to be at S.

Hearing he may get a offer from Dooley. Was told the coaching staff is becoming impressed with him.
He is being recruited as a safety at most schools including UT and VaTech...with Vandy and some others for offense...he really wants to go to UT and he went over and worked against Conner Crane 2 weeks ago and looked really food and was invited back for next camp so they could further evaluate him as a Safety...and yes he is better than Mobley...he is faster and bigger and more upside IMO...also he really out performed Crane and that may have been the reason Crane committed to Stanford, UT may have cooled.
-VQ (Some random posters).

Don't know the accuracy of these posts, but I somewhat doubt Cody gets a UT offer. Would be very proud of him if he did earn one, but considering UT is taking a small class this year and he is a bit of a tweener I highly doubt it.

Think he could play D1 though. He is very fast.

Flowd-
Been a while since I've seen Cody. Do you think he has the frame to play SEC ball? Last I saw, he was rail-thin. Surely he's grown, but is it enough for him to play at this level?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Flowd-
Been a while since I've seen Cody. Do you think he has the frame to play SEC ball? Last I saw, he was rail-thin. Surely he's grown, but is it enough for him to play at this level?

He has grown a little, but is still extremely skinny and lanky. I'd say he is about 6"1 and 185 lbs. I don't think he has the frame to play SEC ball to be honest.

He is extremely fast and can play. I think he will have the chance to play DI, but not SEC ball though.

Would love for him to prove me wrong. Know him very well, but he is to small to play in the SEC IMO. And with UT taking a small class this year I just don't see him signing with UT.

What about the twin brothers from Webb? Aren't they supposed to be beasts, are they in this years class?

What about the twin brothers from Webb? Aren't they supposed to be beasts, are they in this years class?

Caleb Blance is in the 2012 class and his brother Aaron Blance is in the 2013 class. They both play tailback, but they are both VERY small. Like 5"6' 160 lbs. little. Doubt they get too many looks from elite schools. They can both play, though.

Blanc rushed for 1,171 yards and 11 TDs last season to go along with 4 KOR TDs and 2 PR TDs. He will be at Virginia Tech this weekend to try an earn an offer and then will be at UT's camp at the end of the month. He hopes to get an UT offer later this month.

One name to watch locally is Central High School standout Cody Blanc. The big and physical athlete made an impression on Vol coaches last month at camp. Now it appears he'll be back for camp next week.

"I talk to coach Chaney a couple of days ago," Blanc said. "I'm going back to the camp later this month. They have some good receivers coming in and they want me to come over and cover them up. We talked with coach Dooley and met with coach Chaney. We'll see what happens."
"I'm just under the radar," Blanc said. "I think they are starting to figure out what I can do. Hopefully I can do well at Virginia Tech this weekend and prove what I can do. Hopefully they will offer and then things will take off."
"Kickoffs and punts are important," Blanc said. "I like it and I'm good at it. I don't think people take special teams seriously. We returned kicks the first five games and then the last five games they kicked it away from us or out of bounds."
-Brent Hubbs.

Guy on VQ claiming Blanc received a VT offer today, said he ran a 4.4 at their camp.

i really really hope Cody balls out and earns a UT offer at camp this month. i wouldn't be surprised if he committed on the spot.

-VQ (Some random posters).

Don't know the accuracy of these posts, but I somewhat doubt Cody gets a UT offer. Would be very proud of him if he did earn one, but considering UT is taking a small class this year and he is a bit of a tweener I highly doubt it.

Hopefully you're right. I hope it works out for Cody at VATech or wherever he may go, but we signed about 6 DBs last year, many if not all of them better prospects. If we offer him then I have serious doubts about our coaching staff's recruiting competence and priorities.

Last edited:
guy on VQ says he tore up Va Tech camp got the offer, ran a 4.4...

He actually looks quite skilled....

and the thing about our DBs, we have two guys Janzen and Brewer whou could be headed to the NFL after this season, Byron Moore could be in the same boat ...

that would be 3 of our best back line defenders Gone.

I saw Cody play one game last year, against my old high school, and he didn't look like a D1 talent to me. Now I wasn't focused on him, since I wasn't aware he'd be a possible UT recruit, but if he was really that great of a player, I feel like he should've stood out a little more. I am not knocking Cody here, and I wish him the best, however, compared to other Knoxville area athletes I've seen the past couple years...Rogan, Ant Anderson, Harrison Smith, Devrin...he's not on that level. IMO.

Amazing flat-line speed.

He will camp at UT and Vandy and try to earn offers.

He stated that he wants to narrow things down before his senior year, but he might jump on the VT offer soon.

guy on VQ says he tore up Va Tech camp got the offer, ran a 4.4...

He actually looks quite skilled....

and the thing about our DBs, we have two guys Janzen and Brewer whou could be headed to the NFL after this season, Byron Moore could be in the same boat ...

that would be 3 of our best back line defenders Gone.

Don't you think it's a little early to say that about Brewer and Moore?

Jackson I understand and personally don't see coming back...but the other two haven't shown anything at the SEC level yet

no its not too early,

not preparing for kids with the potential to leave early is foolish planning

those coaches know, one big year from those guys is instant dollar signs.

no its not too early,

not preparing for kids with the potential to leave early is foolish planning

those coaches know, one big year from those guys is instant dollar signs.

Agreed. The fact is that all of them leaving (or a combination of leaving or getting injured) is indeed a real possibility. If Dooley and the staff did not prepare for that possibility they would be negligent.

mlsoft

Have three underclassmen that all play the same position at the same school ever declared early for the draft in the same year?

The odds of it have to be very small...even when all 3 have already established themselves...let alone when 1 has never played a game in the SEC and another was barely a solid backup most of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back