'12 LA DT Gerron Borne

Has Jeffery recovered from his high school knee injury? I know he was a highly touted before the injury and was offered due to the ease of rehabbing the injury. Hope he isn't another Kitten flop.

I know we are in good with O'Brien, who else are we looking good with?

Sheldon Day has said some good things but that's the only other DT that comes to mind off the top of my head (and all my info is just what I read on here). We are offering a ton of them though so we shouldn't have any trouble signing 4 of them this year.

Sheldon Day has said some good things but that's the only other DT that comes to mind off the top of my head (and all my info is just what I read on here). We are offering a ton of them though so we shouldn't have any trouble signing 4 of them this year.

Very nice. I want that Goldman kid from D.C. but I don't think we are even on his radar. Sucks.

For DT: Sheldon Day, Danny O'Brien, Korven Kirven, and juco Daniel McCullers have all said good things about us recently. I think Jonathan Taylor might have been interested in us a while back but I haven't heard anything on him in a while (he and James Deloach will probably be Dawgs in the end).

For DE: Darius Hamilton has said good things.

I'm sure there are several other lower-ranked guys, too, but these are some of the top targets who seem to be showing some interest.

Sheldon Day: Really liked his visit, his high school DC is good friends with Coach Hiestand. Day wants to come back during the season for a visit. Michigan is the early favorite

Danny O'Brien: Tennessee is the favorite right now but I'm worried about Michigan here.

Korven Kirven: Liked his visit & the chance to play early, wants to come back & visit during the season. VT is the early favorite & will probably commit.

Daniel McCullers: Not getting alot of interest from other schools right now, TN was first to offer so you have to like our changes.

Justin Shanks: Really liked his visit, has a family member that is a GA on the staff. Wants to visit during the season. Hard to see him leaving the state of Alabama though.

Jonathan Taylor: Really havent heard anything lately but you have to think UGA is the leader ATP.

To play as high as he is getting great push. Whoever is his d-line coach needs to be on his ass about staying low. He's playing so high it makes no sense. If he plays low he could be really nasty at DT. He's just gott to play a lot lower. Haven't seen a DT play that high in a while.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Maybe it's just me but i don't think he looked all that dominate in his film... :dunno:

He's a decent prospect but not a great prospect. Tennessee doesn't have the luxury right now of being overly picky with DT's. They are having a hard time getting into good position with any of the top guys. That makes Borne a definite take. I am a bit surprised he is still sitting on only 4 total offers.

He's a decent prospect but not a great prospect. Tennessee doesn't have the luxury right now of being overly picky with DT's. They are having a hard time getting into good position with any of the top guys. That makes Borne a definite take. I am a bit surprised he is still sitting on only 4 total offers.

If he had better technique he'd have a lot more offers. I haven't seen a DT play this high in a while. His technique is horrible. I've seen little league guys with better technique. He's got to fix that.

With all the talk of him being the next committ has there been any recent articles or interviews with him?

If he had better technique he'd have a lot more offers. I haven't seen a DT play this high in a while. His technique is horrible. I've seen little league guys with better technique. He's got to fix that.

I agree. I wonder if he is actually a take at this point in the staff's eyes.

Hope the staff does not do like they did last year with a few DL players. Turn the commited ones away in hopes of landing that big fish recruit kind of fell through. While we were short on DL recruits....if we would have taken the commitments of Parker and Mackey just to name a couple, I think we would be better off this year. JMO

Hope the staff does not do like they did last year with a few DL players. Turn the commited ones away in hopes of landing that big fish recruit kind of fell through. While we were short on DL recruits....if we would have taken the commitments of Parker and Mackey just to name a couple, I think we would be better off this year. JMO

Stop.

VN Store

Back