'12 JUCO DT Daniel McCullers (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I was thinking. Still going to need to some technique though if he is ever going to be dominant

I'm not going to act like I know anything about defensive lineman technique, but I'm thinking it won't be hard for him to put his hand down on the ground, rise up, grab the offensive lineman (or two) and knock him on his a$$!

He will be ready by the Georgia or Alabama games, but Couch, Greg Clark(my breakout player for the DL), will do most of the heavy lifting until he is in "Warren Sapp" form

It's not like he's going to play 30+ plays a game. 20 max until he is in shape/ gets his technique down. He comes in and is going to just wear down some interior linemen.

It's not like he's going to play 30+ plays a game. 20 max until he is in shape/ gets his technique down. He comes in and is going to just wear down some interior linemen.

If he just does nothing other than wear down lineman and eat a double team he has been quite effective.

Reactions: 1 person
@TheDannyParker: #Vol fans may want to temper their enthusiasm on NG Daniel McCullers. He's a mountain of a man but appears to have miles to go on technique

The guys on Scout said he has a questionable motor & is very raw. They said they didn't think he would contribute a lot this year.

The guys on Scout said he has a questionable motor & is very raw. They said they didn't think he would contribute a lot this year.

welp it was fun while it lasted.

Greg Clark may make everyone forget about McCullers while he is learning the D. I would think Sal and Palermo could help get his motor running, there both pretty intense. NT seems like a perfect spot for clark imo.

Cool deal. Too bad ole Montori Hughes couldn't be a part of our D Line. Kid had some serious potential. It's a shame really.

Scout has a long ways to go for me to value their opinion. Technique comes with time see mo couch. I expect him to take the same path as mo did last yr. stuff the run and provide depth and grow into a force by mid season

So one bad report from someone who at best got to see him warmup and then do some drills and it's time to write him off for the year?

Interesting

Reactions: 3 people

I wouldn't be surprised if they are right. As long as Mo Couch stays healthy, I don't think much will be asked of him. Any chance Phillips could possibly steal some reps from McCullers at the nose this season?

So one bad report from someone who at best got to see him warmup and then do some drills and it's time to write him off for the year?

Interesting

I don't think it is that at all, just being a JUCO and not use to the speed of SEC football or SEC pressure/expectations may take him a year.

I don't think it is that at all, just being a JUCO and not use to the speed of SEC football or SEC pressure/expectations may take him a year.

This is definitely a possibility...my point is that reporters are limited to the beginning of practice...so the "analysis" from the guys at Scout is based on stretching and a few minutes of position drills

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back