'12 JUCO DE Darrington Sentimore (UT Signee 12/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
im hoping the days of us fielding 265 DT's are over... hopefully those guys are ends now

did he actually play a season at bama or some games? looks pretty damn good and im sure he'll make an impact on that d-line this yr

hope damien jacobs can do the same for us

did he actually play a season at bama or some games? looks pretty damn good and im sure he'll make an impact on that d-line this yr

hope damien jacobs can do the same for us

Was going to be a starter for Bama this year. All my Bama buddies were very high on Sentimore. They say he was one of their best pass rushers. And he's real high energy.

SN: I really hope Jacobs is a bust down there for you guys. Lol

Reactions: 2 people
Was going to be a starter for Bama this year. All my Bama buddies were very high on Sentimore. They say he was one of their best pass rushers. And he's real high energy.

SN: I really hope Jacobs is a bust down there for you guys. Lol

well the same to you

frick being friend huh

im pretty sure jacobs will be in the rotation tho

ready for our game

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how our current personnel will fit the new system

It doesn't fit it very well. We're banking on 2 Jucos and Marlon Walls to hold up on the DL.

We're banking on Fowlkes to be a key reserve, Jacques to play 100x more disciplined in a more complex D, Lathers to be healthy and all the DBs to get a lot better.

These are some of the reasons I believe you'll still see quite a bit of 4-3 next season

It doesn't fit it very well. We're banking on 2 Jucos and Marlon Walls to hold up on the DL.

We're banking on Fowlkes to be a key reserve, Jacques to play 100x more disciplined in a more complex D, Lathers to be healthy and all the DBs to get a lot better.

These are some of the reasons I believe you'll still see quite a bit of 4-3 next season

I am having the same problems as you. I don't see us having the personnel to run an effective 3-4.

a Good/Great Coach runs a scheme to fit personnel, not the other way around.

I'm hoping it all works itself out tho.
:unsure:

Only thing I like about the Jucos is that Sentimore has played this already and McCullers can at the least hold the point. The LBs and DBs taking a real step forward is what I'm worried about the most. We can't afford an injury to Aj or Maggitt. Especially AJ at MLB we don't have anything similar to him. I'm trying to stay very upbeat at this defense and I hope all this offseason hype around Tino, Christian Harris, Fowlkes, and others is real. Because if it's not we're in for a long year on defense.

Whip they azz

Fixed your post... :)

This is what's so scary about next year. I am firmly entrenched in the "Wants Dooley to succeed" camp, but there was a lot to prove after last season's train wreck without serious staff shake-up, and an entirely new defensive scheme. Here's to hoping for the best, but expecting... you know the rest.

I am having the same problems as you. I don't see us having the personnel to run an effective 3-4.

a Good/Great Coach runs a scheme to fit personnel, not the other way around.

I'm hoping it all works itself out tho.
:unsure:

Going off of numbers im pretty sure if Mccullers and Sentimore start it would be in a 3-4, once Mccullers takes a break well switch back to a 4-3...i imagine a lot of switching back and forth

Only thing I like about the Jucos is that Sentimore has played this already and McCullers can at the least hold the point. The LBs and DBs taking a real step forward is what I'm worried about the most. We can't afford an injury to Aj or Maggitt. Especially AJ at MLB we don't have anything similar to him. I'm trying to stay very upbeat at this defense and I hope all this offseason hype around Tino, Christian Harris, Fowlkes, and others is real. Because if it's not we're in for a long year on defense.

I like Sentimore a lot. He's as proven a guy you can get from the juco ranks.

McCullers looks the part. He's really the key to it all working up front. If he's anything less than really good, Tennessee will struggle in a 3-4

I like Sentimore a lot. He's as proven a guy you can get from the juco ranks.

McCullers looks the part. He's really the key to it all working up front. If he's anything less than really good, Tennessee will struggle in a 3-4

Exactly. He's the true NT. Carson may get to that point someday. Otherwise, there's tweeners at the position, at best. For the 3-4 to work for us this coming season, the OLB situation will be interesting to watch. It will be a struggle, that's for sure.

Exactly. He's the true NT. Carson may get to that point someday. Otherwise, there's tweeners at the position, at best. For the 3-4 to work for us this coming season, the OLB situation will be interesting to watch. It will be a struggle, that's for sure.

Carson looks like a tree stump. That's what you need in a 3-4.

Maggitt doesn't worry me at all outside. Jacques playing disciplined football on the other side worries me.

Carson looks like a tree stump. That's what you need in a 3-4.

Maggitt doesn't worry me at all outside. Jacques playing disciplined football on the other side worries me.

I hope and pray Jacques can flourish under Sunseri. To me, he fits really well into a 3-4 OLB spot. He'll probably be more of a pass rusher, which is fine by me. We hardly saw any of that last year from anyone not named Maggitt.

I mentioned Carson because I don't think he is quite ready technically.

I hope and pray Jacques can flourish under Sunseri. To me, he fits really well into a 3-4 OLB spot. He'll probably be more of a pass rusher, which is fine by me. We hardly saw any of that last year from anyone not named Maggitt.

I mentioned Carson because I don't think he is quite ready technically.

It's hard for me to imagine someone less technically ready than Jacques.

Any word on Saulsberry? If Carson, Saulsberry, and J. Williams can be at least 2 deep contributors it will be huge. I think Williams will be for sure, at Jack and 4-3 DE.

Whats up with Miller?

@DanieLewisUTCBS: Darrington Sentimore said he is up from playing at 265 pounds last season to 300 now. Still claims he can run a 4.8 40-yard dash.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back