'12 JUCO DB Otis Jacobs (A&M signee)

Could this be why it seems like we may have cooled on Elston a bit? I know just a few days ago you said we haven't cooled on him, but naming UCF and Oklahoma State as possible visit destinations is odd. As TW had stated in Elston's thread, several top schools have already passed on him. Elston's a great talent and I want him to be apart of this class for Tennessee. However, Jacobs looks great on film as well and if he's a Vol ill be very pleased with having him too.

If OCI is right, this one came from out of the blue. Am thinking there is going to be more a reshuffling than initially imagined. I am sure I am swayed by the winds of the board but I really like Brown as a running back. I just think we need some bruisers to compiment speed. I like Mathers too. I am not sure TE is a must have this year and am not really up to speed on the safeties. The "Three Amigos" sounds like a good deal. It is indeed getting interesting. I beleive the sentiment that the staff needs to be careful is the right one.

Here we go again...Wagg will start at corner next year with Lanier most likely. Coleman and (insert newcomer here) will be the back-ups.

Gordon will still be our Nickel corner.

You really think they can hold off a true cover corner who is an EE? Hahahahahaha stop drinking the kool aid. Georgia and Arky exposed us.

Taking all of these JuCo players makes me uncomfortable.

I know we need immediate help in a lot of places (definitely at DB), but the lack luster transition of Moore left me wishing for more. Just like the DL, I would like to see some young stars developed and IMO this isn't an Autry or Sentimore level player (a must take).

Taking all of these JuCo players makes me uncomfortable.

I know we need immediate help in a lot of places (definitely at DB), but the lack luster transition of Moore left me wishing for more. Just like the DL, I would like to see some young stars developed and IMO this isn't an Autry or Sentimore level player (a must take).

All of these JUCOs (Jacobs, Autry, Sentimore, Jacobs) are EEs. None of the JUCOs last year were EEs. Couch, Moore, and Lanier will be huge impact players this year.

Reactions: 1 person
He has no backpedal at all. Wouldnt that be a concern against better competition?

All of these JUCOs (Jacobs, Autry, Sentimore, Jacobs) are EEs. None of the JUCOs last year were EEs. Couch, Moore, and Lanier will be huge impact players this year.

Okay very nice.

I am happy to see one of the posters on the site who I think has most insight agreeing with what I have been posting.

If you are not an EE, then like Nick Fairley it may take a while to get in the groove.

If you are an EE Juco, you should be starting in the fall.

And that's AWESOME for 2012 and 2013. And then they graduate and we are playing freshman and sophomores again.

HS or JUCO--whichever gives us the best chance to win, sign them up. 6'1 4.35 is too good to pass up.

Wat

Then we will play the redshirted guys that have been fiending for a few years to get on the field

Just realized that I'm placing this totally out of context. DB isn't really what I'm concerned about. We will have Coleman, Thomas, Gray, Orta, Crawley, McNeil, and Randolph--pretty sweet. The fact that we only have one current non JuCo DT committed and the hopes that Carson and Saulsberry develop as our future worries me.

I simply made the comment about being uncomfortable about taking so many JuCo kids in this thread because it was the first time I'd really read through it (and it's about a JuCo).

Last edited:
Fanbase wants dooley to win now....but then questions him when ge takes jucos lol.

We need the JuCo DL, cut me some slack I'm not a total moron.

But 75% of this board would mock another program that relies on building themselves on JuCo players.

Yes I am glad PA demonstrated learning and admitting he was wrong. That is needed more in these conversations on message boards.

Our secondary is moving towards being rock solid. Seems surprising to some that is happening with a baseball player leading it, but it sure seems to be.

Sad truth is that the staff knew last year that our secondary was not good, which is why they brought in Lanier and B Moore. The fact that we are doing it again shows just how bad they think it is for the current CBs. Even if we miss on Collins and Elston, we are looking like the secondary will join the O Line as something not to worry about.

Reactions: 1 person
And that's AWESOME for 2012 and 2013. And then they graduate and we are playing freshman and sophomores again.

No, we're playing redshirt juniors and seniors that have had the proper time to acclimate to the speed of college as opposed to having true freshmen litter the two deep.

In our position, the more JUCO EE's, the better..

Wat

Then we will play the redshirted guys that have been fiending for a few years to get on the field

This.

This is what true contenders in our league are doing. Not playing kids that were in home ec playing spades a few months ago

VN Store

Back