'12 IN DT Sheldon Day

They need way more than just those 3. Last year was a solid start for sure if all those guys stay at Linebacker.

But who knows where Maggitt will end up. And
I wont be surprised if AJ simply outgrows the LB position. I've already heard from those that have seen him on campus that his frame is absolutely huge and he could easily add another 25 lbs in the next year. If he gets up around 275 he wont stay at LB.

Bottom line is you cant simply sign 3 guys and assume you are set at a position for the next 4-5 years. That goes right along with the Devrin Young crap some guys on here spew about not needing another speed back because they have him now. That's no way for a program to be successful in this conference.

He didn't say that, and isn't assuming that. He merely addressed your comment on subpar recruiting by stating that last year's LB class was not subpar. Your condescension gets old.

All I know is that we better address the front 7. I don't care about anything else, just the front 7. We better address it. Front 7. Let's address it.

He didn't say that, and isn't assuming that. He merely addressed your comment on subpar recruiting that last year's LB class was not subpar. Your condescension gets old.

I never said last year's Linebacker recruiting was subpar. My comments were about the entire roster, meaning recruiting as a whole over the last 4-5 years has been subpar at Linebacker and that is why the talent there is the way it is right now. I've simply said the talent at Linebacker needs to continue to be increased in a major way. One good year of recruiting LB's isn't going to fix everything. The situation at LB is/was that bad.

My condescension might get old but it's obvious people on here really dont understand the type of talent it is going to take if Tennessee is ever going to get back in the Top 3-4 of the SEC. You can always put me on ignore if I'm that annoying to you. It's not sweat off my back.

Last edited:
I never said last year's Linebacker recruiting was subpar. I said the talent on campus at Linebacker needs to continue to be increased in a major way. One good year of recruiting LB's isn't going to fix everything. The situation at LB is/was that bad.

My condescension might get old but it's obvious people on here really dont understand the type of talent it is going to take if Tennessee is ever going to get back in the Top 3-4 of the SEC. You can always put me on ignore if I'm that annoying to you. It's not sweat off my back.

I have yet to see anyone who said that signing 3 LBs was the end of our depth problem at LB. Please find that post. I have yet to see anyone say that we are set at DT, LB, or DE. Please find that post. Everyone knows we need to continue to get more talent at DT, DE, and LB. It's not some big secret.

All I know is that we better address the front 7. I don't care about anything else, just the front 7. We better address it. Front 7. Let's address it.

+1. IMO what they bring in on the front 7 in this class will determine whether or not Tennessee will compete for SEC Championships in 2-3 years or will remain near the 6-7 win category.

I never said last year's Linebacker recruiting was subpar. I said the talent on campus at Linebacker needs to continue to be increased in a major way. One good year of recruiting LB's isn't going to fix everything. The situation at LB is/was that bad.

1. The 2010 class began to address the issues we had at OL...the 2011 finished that issue off and took care of DB too...the 2011 class began to address the issue at LB (and somewhat at DT/DE with Couch and Williams)...the 2012 class will (now fill in the blank)...

2. It's not obvious that people on here post the way you say they do...it's obvious that you pick out the handful that do, pretend they are they majority and proceed to use that as an excuse to post the same redundant opinion over and over about our overall lack of talent and in particular that of the front 7

The vast majority of us are completely aware of the overall lack of talent and depth we have in the front 7...if for no other reason than for your incessant posting about it....the difference betweeen the rest of us and you is that we have faith that our staff will address these issues just like they did with the OL and DB positions

1. The 2010 class began to address the issues we had at OL...the 2011 finished that issue off and took care of DB too...the 2011 class began to address the issue at LB (and somewhat at DT/DE with Couch and Williams)...the 2012 class will (now fill in the blank)...

2. It's not obvious that people on here post the way you say they do...it's obvious that you pick out the handful that do, pretend they are they majority and proceed to use that as an excuse to post the same redundant opinion over and over about our overall lack of talent and in particular that of the front 7

The vast majority of us are completely aware of the overall lack of talent and depth we have in the front 7...if for no other reason than for your incessant posting about it....the difference betweeen the rest of us and you is that we have faith that our staff will address these issues just like they did with the OL and DB positions

preach it brother

I never said last year's Linebacker recruiting was subpar. My comments were about the entire roster, meaning recruiting as a whole over the last 4-5 years has been subpar at Linebacker and that is why the talent there is the way it is right now. I've simply said the talent at Linebacker needs to continue to be increased in a major way. One good year of recruiting LB's isn't going to fix everything. The situation at LB is/was that bad.

I don't disagree with you at all about the front seven. Many of your posts are insightful, so no ignore button here.

Your other comment was about the DT and LB recruiting being subpar. Vader addressed the LB portion of that comment, but never insinuated in any way that it would take care of the problem.

You're not wrong in what you're saying, but jumping to conclusions and lecturing people isn't cool.

He was camping at Oregon. Hasn't narrowed his list down. He is still wide open and he wanted to squash rumors of any anoucment soon. He wants to prove midwest boys can bang with the best.

If he wants to bang with the best, he better head south...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

didn't we have an insider here that stated Day was big on the Vols a few months ago? (didn't feel like searching through pages of this thread to find out who it was.)

Anyhow, this guy is my favorite DT prospect that we're in on. wish we had more info after his domination at The Opening.

didn't we have an insider here that stated Day was big on the Vols a few months ago? (didn't feel like searching through pages of this thread to find out who it was.)

Anyhow, this guy is my favorite DT prospect that we're in on. wish we had more info after his domination at The Opening.

Day was big on the Vols. He also happens to be big on Notre Dame and Michigan. We have an fair outside shot here.

Sheldon Day is one of my closes friends and just bc he grew up in a Michigian household does not mean he favors Michigian more. He wants to keep his options open but told me that if he had a number one it would be Tennesse. He is a great student in the classes and a great best guy friend. Over all he is a great person and Tennesse would be lucky to have him:)

here it is, Lizzabeth, where you at with the inside news? UT still have a shot to land Day?

VN Store

Back