'12 GA DT Quayvon Hicks

We have been getting on & offering alot of '12 DL already, I really like it. IMO with a year & a half of CCS being able to build relationships we should haul in a very good DL class next year.

Agreed, it takes time to sign the elite and Chuck will do that...2012 we'll have a better arsenal.

We have been getting on & offering alot of '12 DL already, I really like it. IMO with a year & a half of CCS being able to build relationships we should haul in a very good DL class next year.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Quayvon Hicks is a 6-2, 249-pound Weak-Side Defensive End from Blackshear (Georgia) Pierce County. He is ranked No. 87 in the country by 247Sports. Hicks is the No. 11 recruit in Georgia and is the No. 4 Weak-Side Defensive End in the nation.
- 24/7 Sports

Every '12 player I've seen we've offered is in the Top 100 out of the 247 and almost all it seems like is in the Top 20 of their state (all I've seen are GA/FL) and in the Top 10 at their position. We are going after the very best of the best in the '12 class.

Scout’s Take: Hicks is an intriguing prospect because it is hard to know just where he will play in college. I have seen him in camps and on film and defensive end, defensive tackle, and even middle linebacker come to mind when watching him. He plays with such energy and that is something that stands out to me a lot. He also is a very powerful football player and he knows how to use his strength on the football field. There is no doubt that he is a Division I recruit that can do many things, but the biggest question is, where will he play? I lean more towards defensive end right now.

Recruiting: Tennessee offered Hicks immediately after seeing him at their camp and then Miami came through with an offer earlier this fall. He is hearing a lot from schools like Florida and Georgia among many others. Florida and Georgia have always been high on his list, but those that have offered him are up there too
- Scout

Hicks picked up a Duke offer today.

"To me, Duke is a great offer because it is a great school, and a very good academic school. It is a difficult offer to get too, so I am proud to get this offer. It feels good."

"I have been interested in them for a little while and I am probably going to take an unofficial visit there and attend their camp next year now. The visit definitely increased my interest though."
- Scout

"My visit to Georgia was awesome. I got to talk to Coach [Rodney] Garner and Coach [Tony] Ball and both were glad I made it. Coach Ball even told me that Coach [Mark] Richt and Coach [Mike] Bobo were excited to see me there too. I really liked the speech we got from the Academic coach and the Strength coach before the game. I am very interested in Georgia because I know they could help me develop to be a successful young man."
- Scout

Too light for DT---even if he bulks up---seems better suited for DE.

Tennessee was the first to offer that's always a +! Lists Academics and early playing time...makes Duke and GT offers look good too.

"Everybody knows Georgia is my leader, but I am going to check out some other schools and camps this summer to see what else is out there," explained Hicks. "I want to go check out Auburn, Tennessee, Duke, and Mississippi State. I want to make sure my mind is made up, so I will probably announce my decision before the season starts so that I can avoid having all of the stress during my senior year."

-Rivals

UGA leads but Vols are next according to Rivals.

"I would say it's Tennessee," Hicks said. "Their coaches would like me to play defensive end. I haven't been there yet, but I've talked to the coaches and they have a great coaching staff. That team is building up. They say it's a beautiful place. I hope to find out this summer."
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back