12 FL TE Sean Price

I highly doubt we have room for both of them. I think Downs/Clear will solidify themselves as the second string TE going into next year and one of these guys can fight to move up to 2nd string or be our 3rd string TE. Also, it isn't a good indication that Price cancelled and I think we have a better shot with Meredith.

UNC has a really good TE tradition, especially representatives in the NFL. They use to put them in the pros as consistently as UGA does, but have fallen off recently.

Last edited:
We have room for both.

Any guess on what dooley's plans are for the remaining spots...

First 6 to commit...
Best remaining 6 on the board...
or position specific regardless of talent i.e. "we must take one more dt, db, wr, ol, de, playmaker."
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Any guess on what dooley's plans are for the remaining spots...

First 6 to commit...
Best remaining 6 on the board...
or position specific regardless of talent i.e. "we must take one more dt, db, wr, ol, de, playmaker."
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Combination of #2 and #3 (more #2 than #3)...also I'm not certain we only have 6 new commits going forward

Is it accurate that most of our remaining focus will be on the defensive line? Obviously we still are in on some skill players as well.

Is it accurate that most of our remaining focus will be on the defensive line? Obviously we still are in on some skill players as well.

"Most" of our remaining focus...not necessarily. We currently have commits from O'Brien, Jacobs, Taylor, and Lewis. At this point, we're really looking at best available more than positions. We have needs at a lot of positions.

Reactions: 1 person
goose BUMPs

Stay_out_of_the_basement.jpg

Can somebody please post links with info re: Price. Zehr27 do you have links? If your a lawyer you should be familiar with backing up statements with facts. Not saying your wrong, this news has just come out of the blue, which tends to happen in the recruiting world.

Haven't heard his name in months and he has never visited. Can't see how we will take 2 TE's in this class after taking 2 TE's last year. Spaces are limited. With that being said, this guy would be hard to turn down and would be our best TE recruit since Stocker.

The staff will have to do A LOT of work to get this guy. He already missed one scheduled visit and we have been losing a lot of football games since that missed visit. We have a solid 2 deep at TE next year and should be getting a verbal from Meredith anytime now. This seems like a stretch here, but I don't have inside information.

Last edited:
Speaking of those two TE's we got last recruiting cycle, what is going on with Clear? Is he gonna stay at TE or is the staff thinking OL? If he stays at TE, are they gonna have him as a blocking or catching TE?

Clear is supposedly playing very well and he is second on the Tight End depth chart behind Rivera. He has received some PT the past few weeks. I don't see any signs of him moving to the O-line. I see him more of a blocking TE right now due to his size. He has to get in better shape to be more of a catching TE. Clear looked winded after a couple plays in his first series in the MTSU game.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back