'12 CA DT Ellis McCarthy

I find it interesting that 5* Ellis McCarthy has UT as the only east coast team in his top five according to Yahoo Sports. I hope they can persuade him to come east. darius Hamilton has UT listed as one of his favorites.

This kid is a beast! Amazing size, strength and quick for a 6'5 311 lbs DT (4.9 40). His NFL player comparison on rivals is Ndamukong Suh, not to shabby. Looks like we are still in his top 5. This would be a HUGE get for CDD and staff!!!

This kid is a beast! Amazing size, strength and quick for a 6'5 311 lbs DT (4.9 40). His NFL player comparison on rivals is Ndamukong Suh, not to shabby. Looks like we are still in his top 5. This would be a HUGE get for CDD and staff!!!

Huge doesn't even begin to describe how big of a get this would be for Dooley and the staff. Not to be that guy, but where does it say UT is in his top 5 still?

His list was USC, Cal, Washington, UF, UCLA, and Oregon a few weeks ago. I don't think we've been mentioned with him in a while.

Huge doesn't even begin to describe how big of a get this would be for Dooley and the staff. Not to be that guy, but where does it say UT is in his top 5 still?

I'm guessing he looked at the school choices on his rivals profile and didn't realize they change everytime you refresh the page. Hope I'm wrong though.

I'm guessing he looked at the school choices on his rivals profile and didn't realize they change everytime you refresh the page. Hope I'm wrong though.

Yeah that's what it appears happened. There would be a lot more buzz if he actually named UT in his top 5.

Are we still in the running for this guy? Is there any chance we can land him? Rivals shows him as having some interest... (medium)

Little birdie says this guy is about to be back in play after Tosh leaving. Not sure if he's interested in UT, but he might open up his recruiting.

VN Store

Back