12/8 Press Conference - Contract Extension / Bowl Prep

Is his buyout guaranteed through 2020?

If so, it makes it impossible for another school to hire him. Also makes it about impossible to fire him too.

Wow, looks like about a 20% raise and a two-year contract extension.

I'm a Butch Jones fan, and I think he's done a good job at UT (including a fantastic job recruiting), but I hope he ends up being a GREAT coach, because that's what Dave Hart's betting on!

Go Vols!!! :rock:

PS We REALLY need to win this bowl!

Hart is killing it at UT. Good solid raise for a great coach in Butch. Now, let's stop the Michigan talk and focus on beating a sound Iowa team. We need this win for momentum into spring practice.

Dang I didn't see this and posted it. Sorry

Butch looked like he had been in a car wreck this morning or a bad rosacea break out. Looks like he partied hard after the announcement yesterday.

What is the story with Joe Henderson? He mentioned in the Presser Joe was being sorted out. Any indication what other players are on the chopping block for Transfering? And please don't start with Malone and Pete they aren't going anywhere...

NCAA flagged his ACT score. He apparently didn't score high enough on his retest or something. He won't be back.

What the heck is going on with Butch's face? He got some kind of skin condition?

Hart didn't address the make-up personnel. Hopefully they were fired and we're bringing in someone who make our coach not look like Mickey Rourke.

Reactions: 1 person
Please accept my compliments and congratulations on the correct spelling of receive.

However, I question whether one would "receive" windburn. I'm thinking possibly one would "suffer" windburn.

Thoughts?

:p

Reactions: 2 people
Buyout change:

If Jones were to leave between now and Feb. 29, 2016 the buyout has gone up to 4 million
It's 3 million the following year, then 2 million after that.

Bonus:

winning the college football playoff $500k
appearance in championship game $400k
appearance in playoff $350k
New Year's 6 bowl game: $300k
Citrus or Outback $200k
any other bowl 100k

Contract runs through Feb. 28, 2021

And it is signed.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back