'11 PA RB Jameel Poteat

Playing in the state championship tonight. AAA not the best competition in the state but still pretty good.

^ I was looking through this thread to see what has been going on with Poteat and ran across this comment posted in late July regarding Lattimore signing with the Cocks. :birgits_giggle:

So I was wrong about a guy, big deal. Traditionally, players haven't exactly thrived at USCjr

How in the hell is this guy a four star? His offer list sucks and his Jr. highlights aren't much better.

Playing in the state championship tonight. AAA not the best competition in the state but still pretty good.

It's probably the most competitive across the board, though. They lost to Allentown Central Catholic 28-27. ACC should be a AAAA school since they recruit the hell out of the greater Allentown Area, but "numbers" keep them down.

AAAA always has the same traditional powers and the big time schools in center Pittsburgh don't compete in the PIAA state championship game. So I wouldn't buy too much into classification size.

Pryor and Puzluzny both came out of AA FWIW.

Last edited:
How in the hell is this guy a four star? His offer list sucks and his Jr. highlights aren't much better.

Seen him in person and he didn't look spectacular. Kid is big though, and will lay a hit on his defender. I was critical on Tom Smith before, but I would not take Poteat over him.

idk about Poteat, but that WR #7 was unbelievable...McDevitt i think his name is....i'd like to see him in orange!

McDevitt is the name of the school, not the kid.

That kid is sick. Their DE is also a stud. Only a junior. Already committed to Pitt (I think).

So I was wrong about a guy, big deal. Traditionally, players haven't exactly thrived at USCjr

It's all good man. It was a pretty bold statement considering he and Dyer were the top RBs coming out last year. Oh well, it is water under the bridge. GBO!

McDevitt is the name of the school, not the kid.

That kid is sick. Their DE is also a stud. Only a junior. Already committed to Pitt (I think).

oh i misread..I saw one of those bubbles pop up out of the corner of my eye and I thought they were talking about that kid. Do you know who that kid is?

oh i misread..I saw one of those bubbles pop up out of the corner of my eye and I thought they were talking about that kid. Do you know who that kid is?

I think his last name is Lamelle. Not 100% sure though.

VN Store

Back