'11 MD OT Cyrus Kouandjio

No Bama fan, but this makes me laugh. Here's to the beginning of the end for the cheaters on the plains.

:lolabove:

Indeed, sir. Certainly, no "cheaters" benefitted in this decision. Thank God he is going to Alabama, who Tennessee plays EVERY YEAR.

Shut it. :stop: :bad:

I knew that this would happen. I hate it when the rich get richer.

No offense, TideWarrior, but there is some dirty recruiting going on with both of those schools. Very dirty, very hinky recruiting in That Territory Down South.

Not with Cyrus. His brother was already here. The only thing here is maybe the parents forced his hand in the end to choose UA over AU but even Cyrus himself said he had buyers remorse.

Not with Cyrus. His brother was already here. The only thing here is maybe the parents forced his hand in the end to choose UA over AU but even Cyrus himself said he had buyers remorse.

Whatever happened to the days where a prospect could choose a school that he is most comfortable with and feels that he can succeed the most rather than because the parents told him to or becuase of coaches resorting to some dirty, underhanded tactic?

Whatever happened to the days where a prospect could choose a school that he is most comfortable with and feels that he can succeed the most rather than because the parents told him to or becuase of coaches resorting to some dirty, underhanded tactic?

Auburn's problem with Cyrus is the parents did not trust the coaches like Trooper. I can not tell you about every recruit but can confirm this with Cyrus. One of his family members was posting on our board.

Of course you had room because you would have oversigned, but than it would be alright to at UGA. The fact is any more players in this class would have had UGA oversign. For me I could care less what happens at UA regarding scholarship renewel. They are recruited to be an athlete just like UGA and if they fail to perform so be it. Before you give me some crap that UGA is about recruiting the student athlete you might want to go check your numbers. UGA leads the SEC nationally with the greatest margin for graduation rates between football players and regular students and if you are a minority at UGA you are 35% less likely to graduate.

But as some mentioned this is a UT board so if it makes you feel better you win. To bad UGA can not on the field and maybe oversigning is an excuse you can use when UGA fails again to produce on the field. Go Dawgs!

Scout.com: The Bootleg's 2010 Graduation Rate Analysis

Please explain how we would have oversigned.

Yeah, UGA has failed miserably on the field. As a hardcore UGA fan, I can live with that.

The moment, and I mean this, the moment UGA starts oversigning by 10-12 players every year and starts kicking players out simply because they didn't live up to the coaches standards, I would stop my donations immediately. I would want that punk FIRED. There's a reason why some teams don't do it, some schools have coaches that make a good attempt at being ethical.

I have noticed that there's 2 things Bama fans are really sensitive about; oversigning and bandwagon fans. In all fairness though, Bama is not as bad as other programs who choose to practice this despicable act of oversigning.

Again, feel free to name your "Bammers that will get the hammer."

I'd rather a booster give some kid a car than what has happened with Cyrus and Calloway. A very sad side of recruiting.

Congrats on Kouandjio though. Best player in the country for this class IMO.

I'd rather a booster give some kid a car than what has happened with Cyrus and Calloway. A very sad side of recruiting.

Congrats on Kouandjio though. Best player in the country for this class IMO.

I wouldn't. I believe you have a disgusting soft spot in your heart for Auburn as well - which is disgusting - but its been leaking out more and more in your posts.

I wouldn't. I believe you have a disgusting soft spot in your heart for Auburn as well - which is disgusting - but its been leaking out more and more in your posts.

I will readily admit to having a soft spot for Auburn. The school has always been good to me (i.e. paid me to go to school here), I like the town, and I find their fans to be some of the most agreeable in the SEC.

I would rather have a soft spot for Auburn than Alabama, like a lot of people on this board. And if you don't like my posts, feel free to hit ignore.

I find their fans to be some of the most agreeable in the SEC.

:lolabove: :eek:lol:

Try coming from out of town. Or hell, try being in Knoxville, when they come up from the barn.

I hate to get into this, but I can't stand idly by when I hear someone talking up Auburn fans.

I will readily admit to having a soft spot for Auburn. The school has always been good to me (i.e. paid me to go to school here), I like the town, and I find their fans to be some of the most agreeable in the SEC.

I would rather have a soft spot for Auburn than Alabama, like a lot of people on this board. And if you don't like my posts, feel free to hit ignore.

Haha it doesn't get on my nerves - just think its disgusting.

VN Store

Back