'11 GA WR Vincent Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
And avg 92yds per game, Rogers far and away the most physical. I did not notice a lot of excellent blocking from any of our receivers last year however

We ran WR screens behind Dallas and all. He was much better as a run blocker. A lot of our run plays had Zro and Dallas in at WR. Why do you think Hinshaw has been on the WRs about blocking.

again, we arent talking about Height/weight measurements, talking actual POA plays. the coaches even said vincent was the most physical and best blocking WR on the team.

you guys do realize it is possible for a smaller player to be and play more physical than a Bigger player. just making sure... :ermm:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
again, we arent talking about Height/weight measurements, talking actual POA plays. the coaches even said vincent was the most physical and best blocking WR on the team.

you guys do realize it is possible for a smaller player to be and play more physical than a Bigger player. just making sure... :ermm:

People see Da'rick's size and just assume he is some big physical reciever when in reality Da'rick is really not that physical at all, especially for his size.

Sometimes committments are made to recruits to get them on board.. No doubt in my mind Arnett was promised playing time and quite frankly made receptions that he or Dallas could have made in the scheme of things. Dallas was used sparingly but did gain the reputation of being a good downfield blocker. Something that was lacking greatly in our run game but was somewhat missed as the O line took much of the heat. Either way IF rumor is true then it is what it is. But VD is a good slot receiver and probably would have played a bigger role this year while Patterson and new recruits were gaining experience.

Last edited:
People see Da'rick's size and just assume he is some big physical reciever when in reality Da'rick is really not that physical at all, especially for his size.

Ur nuts.. Apparently ppl assume he is a -ussy like a lot of diva receivers, but he's not.. And physicality isn't just blocking, but going after the dangerous catches over middle and in heavy coverage.. That was DR. Remember Cincy catch in the end zone? That's just one of many big time, physical plays he's made.

Reactions: 3 people

The more I think about this post, the more it frustrates me.. Have u actually watched a game the last two years, or do u just make assumptions from message board chatter?

Da'Rick is a very physical WR. He may not be the best run blocking WR on UT's roster, but he gets the job done. Run blocking isn't the only aspect of being a physical WR.

Da'Rick went over the middle and made the tough catch time after time last year. He got smacked by Rambo hard last year vs. UGA but held on. He had some tough, physical TD catches last year against Florida and Cincinatti. Those are a few that come to mind.

I don't consider Da'Rick a soft WR at all.

Hmm not sure what to think if it is even true. They must think he has a high ceiling there to rely on a bunch of freshman for depth. Has anyone publicly confirmed?

NO ONE at WR blocked particularly well last year. It was a big factor in why UT's run game was so bad. DR made it a point of emphasis this spring. Someone probably convinced him that it would hurt the team AND more so him at the next level if he didn't show he could block.

Isn't Blanc (6-1, 200) a <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">safety</a>? Since we need more depth at CB now, I had thought the coaches would move Oliver (5-10, 180) back to CB. But I didn't realize that Dallas could play CB as well. Makes sense to me. Hopefully VD is OK with the move.

Besides Bowles and Croom, the coaches have Howard at slot receiver, and they must be confident that CP will make it in later. You're right, the timing is interesting.

If the rumor is true, better now than August!

You could always move Blanc and then put Moore back at Corner. But I'm excited about Dallas moving. I know the coaches were high on him last year as a WR.

That's the only thing that can explain it. I'm still wary of injuries though. UT may need him in the slot. And I'd rather him get snaps there instead of just getting thrown in last-minute and being out of sorts in the WR position.

I would rather them move Zach Rogers to db.

Dallas was so damn good they're moving him to db! Lulz at some of y'all! Dallas was certainly no better at a crack block than darick. I think we should leave him at receiver because one freshman year is not enough to judge a player on. I think he has potential in the slot. I'm not sure whether the coaches are concerned about depth at db after laniers troubles or whether they are that confident another player such as pig would be just as good as Dallas. We certainly had a nice receiver haul in this class so they may be feeling confident there. We also don't know whether Dallas may have asked for the move

Dallas was so damn good they're moving him to db! Lulz at some of y'all! Dallas was certainly no better at a crack block than darick. I think we should leave him at receiver because one freshman year is not enough to judge a player on. I think he has potential in the slot. I'm not sure whether the coaches are concerned about depth at db after laniers troubles or whether they are that confident another player such as pig would be just as good as Dallas. We certainly had a nice receiver haul in this class so they may be feeling confident there. We also don't know whether Dallas may have asked for the move

What about stalk blocking? Dallas was much more consistent in that area. Remember in the Cincy game when Bray blew up on Hunter and Rogers for not blocking on the edge?

You're high if you don't think DaRick is a physical receiver. He's the most physical receiver in the SEC and the most physical one UT has had in a long time.

What about stalk blocking? Dallas was much more consistent in that area. Remember in the Cincy game when Bray blew up on Hunter and Rogers for not blocking on the edge?

Hunter and Rogers were too busy ****ting on Cincinnati's secondary.

You're high if you don't think DaRick is a physical receiver. He's the most physical receiver in the SEC and the most physical one UT has had in a long time.

Oh my goodness. You think he's more physical than Meachem and Swain? Those two could run block too. What was stated was Dallas was our most physical guy in the run game. Which he was last year. Dallas was committed to blocking unlike D.Rogers(who should be dominant like Julio Jones was for Bama blocking). Blocking as a WR is extremely physical in the SEC. The CBs down here punish you for trying to block them.

Blocking as a WR is extremely physical in the SEC. The CBs down here punish you for trying to block them.

My impression is that DBs from other teams are typically more aggressive with WRs than ours. Is that because our DBs aren't coached to play aggressively or because the zebras flag our DBs and let other teams foul all game long? I'm not being facetious, because SEC officials do appear to give breaks to favored teams.

My impression is that DBs from other teams are typically more aggressive with WRs than ours. Is that because our DBs aren't coached to play aggressively or because the zebras flag our DBs and let other teams foul all game long? I'm not being facetious, because SEC officials do appear to give breaks to favored teams.

It was coaching. The Cbs were helping much better in the spring game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back