'11 GA WR Vincent Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sig bet on whether or not Tom Smith will be a Rivals 4star in their final rankings?

Stipulations:
he cannot be injured, kicked out of school, fail out of school, die, move to another country, or any other fluke stuff. bet is off if anything like this happens.

deal?

What if he ends up a 5* :eek:hmy: Jk.

Sig bet on whether or not Tom Smith will be a Rivals 4star in their final rankings?

Stipulations:
he cannot be injured, kicked out of school, fail out of school, die, move to another country, or any other fluke stuff. bet is off if anything like this happens.

deal?

hahaha of course. that sounds good. ill deal.

any way to make better note of this? should i lose, which i dont think so, i dont want to be like Bam and weasel my way out of it :p

hahaha of course. that sounds good. ill deal.

any way to make better note of this? should i lose, which i dont think so, i dont want to be like Bam and weasel my way out of it :p

fwiw the top FL recruiting guy for Rivals (Michael Langston) pretty much says you are a sure bet to lose.

i won't weasel my way out. and i won't pick anything gay like for him.

So far this year Rivals has labeled 279 players 4-5* prospects. Last year, over 400 guys were given 4-5*.

It looks like Rivals started later this year and instead of giving guys 4* then downgrading them, they're trying to nail down the sure things and leave about 150 slots open for guys who emerge.

If Smith repeats last year's performance or improves on it, you're probably going to lose PA Vol.

If Smith repeats what he's done so far I can almost gurantee you he will be a 4*.

Last edited:
So far this year Rivals has labeled 279 players 4-5* prospects. Last year, over 400 guys were given 4-5*.

It looks like Rivals started later this year and instead of giving guys 4* then downgrading them, they're trying to nail down the sure things and leave about 150 slots open for guys who emerge.

If Smith repeats last year's performance or improves on it, you're probably going to lose PA Vol.

this is a bet i wouldnt mind losing. but i dont see anything overly special about this kid. the kids good, but not great. his video to me shows that he runs up-straight, has good speed but not break-away, and he is good at following blocks. at no point does he show he can break tackles and many of his runs came around the edge. he showed some decent vision at times but again, the video didnt offer much opportunity to see otherwise. of course much could have changed between last fall and this, it happens all the time.

im sold most on the fact that his solid stats have come across great competition. i like that. but as of right now i dont see reason for him to be a 4*. but i dont get paid to do this sort of thing. just a personal opinion that doesnt mean much.

this is a bet i wouldnt mind losing. but i dont see anything overly special about this kid. the kids good, but not great. his video to me shows that he runs up-straight, has good speed but not break-away, and he is good at following blocks. at no point does he show he can break tackles and many of his runs came around the edge. he showed some decent vision at times but again, the video didnt offer much opportunity to see otherwise. of course much could have changed between last fall and this, it happens all the time.

im sold most on the fact that his solid stats have come across great competition. i like that. but as of right now i dont see reason for him to be a 4*. but i dont get paid to do this sort of thing. just a personal opinion that doesnt mean much.

Based on the film in his thread, the 1:03 mark in the youtube clip makes it pretty obvious that he has the ability to break tackles.

Based on the film in his thread, the 1:03 mark in the youtube clip makes it pretty obvious that he has the ability to break tackles.

the DB tried to tackle him by standing still and simply lowering his head. you or i couldve broke through that.

i will say that his balance and composure is very good.

I must have seen a different video. The one I saw... no one could tackle him and he consistently ran away from DB's. I didn't notice him running straight up but you could be right on that.

At 5'10"/205, he's compact and has a frame that can carry 15 more lbs.

The thing you have to like and that could put him over the top is his production against great competition.

I must have seen a different video. The one I saw... no one could tackle him and he consistently ran away from DB's. I didn't notice him running straight up but you could be right on that.

At 5'10"/205, he's compact and has a frame that can carry 15 more lbs.

The thing you have to like and that could put him over the top is his production against great competition.

bingo. i wont ever dispute that. the kids got great production against great competition, whatever his flaws may be.

im not saying he is not a good pick up. im just not convinced he will be more than a high-3*. ill be happy to eat crow.

Just wanted to say that I watched this kids video on Youtube and I swear there were parts that I thought were being played in fast forward...I had to rewind a couple of time to convince myself that wasn't happening and that Dallas is just that fast...

This is definitely a battle we need to win if we expect to get back to the top of the SEC...this kid is an elite talent...I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up with a 4th star...and even if he doesn't it won't matter...he's a elite D-1 caliber prospect...

These are the kind of players that will get us back to being competitive

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back