Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 235 lbs
Class: 2010 (High School)

Scout $

1/14

Miss St. has offered, joining LSU.

Scout $

2/12

By S Robertson. Tennessee has offered, and Travis thinks Ole Miss is close as well. Oklahoma and Notre Dame have alos been in contact.

Ocean Springs standout Travis Dickson added two more offers last week. Florida State and Ole Miss both sent their offers to the talented defensive end.
The Rebels and Seminoles join LSU, Mississippi State and Tennessee as schools with offers on the table.

Scout $

2/26

BY S Robertson. Georgia has offerd Dickson, joining LSU, Miss. State, Ole Miss, Tennessee and FSU.

TRAVIS DICKSON, DE, 6-3, 225, 4.6, OCEAN SPRINGS, MISSISSIPPI

Travis has offers from LSU, Mississippi State, Mississippi, Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida State, Missouri, Nebraska and Duke

Keeping Busy This Spring

&#8220;I didn&#8217;t make it to any junior days we were playing baseball right now. We have baseball games on the weekends, I play DH. I don&#8217;t plan on playing baseball in college.&#8221; Dickson said

&#8220;My brother use to play at LSU, I&#8217;ve been to some of the games there. It&#8217;s a real good atmosphere on Saturday night. Gameday is nuts over there.&#8221; Dickson said

No Stranger To LSU

I know all the coaches at LSU. I&#8217;ve been talking to coach Myles a lot since the 9th grade. That&#8217;s how Bo Pelini (Nebraska) knew about me when he was at LSU. I met Bo at a summer camp.&#8221; Dickson said

&#8220;I just got an offer from Tennessee,&#8221; Dickson said, &#8220;I&#8217;m going to try to make it up there and see a game this fall.&#8221;

&#8220;My brother really liked Tennessee when he was playing at LSU. Both of my parents really liked it up there (Knoxville) when LSU played at Tennessee. I haven&#8217;t been able to make the trip yet (Tennessee) but I want to check things out.&#8221;

In State Schools

&#8220;I just watched Mississippi State practice. I was supposed to visit Ole Miss last week but we had a rain delay in baseball and we had to make that up. Mississippi State has good facilities, they have a new academic center the weight room is real nice.&#8221; Dickson said

&#8220;I like Coach Mullen (Mississippi State) I talked to him at practice. I know Coach Mullen will turn the program around. I like how he talks about it, he seems like he is the man.&#8221; Dickson added

Missouri Ties

&#8220;I don&#8217;t know too much about Missouri but my position coach Josh Henson is the new offensive line coach at Missouri. I&#8217;ve talked to him a couple of times, things like scenery, the town and everything. I really do want to make a visit over there (Columbia). When I make the trip to Missouri I will stop by and see Nebraska.&#8221; Dickson said

Huskers Have A Chance

&#8220;I&#8217;m real interested in Nebraska,&#8221; Dickson said, &#8220;I&#8217;m trying to get a good look at everybody. It&#8217;s doesn&#8217;t matter how far away or anything. My parents are pretty much retired, I&#8217;m their last child so they can go anywhere for the weekend.&#8221;

&#8220;I like Coach Bo Pelini. I&#8217;ve talked to Bo a couple of times on the phone. Bo wanted me to come down for the spring game. It would be hard I have a baseball game that weekend.&#8221; Dickson said &#8220;I really like the letters they show me. If I make a visit to Nebraska it will have to be during the summer.&#8221;

&#8220;I haven&#8217;t narrowed it down at all. I&#8217;m just trying to make all my visits right now and see everybody. I&#8217;m going to try to take all five officials before I decide. The way I&#8217;m looking at it right now maybe (commit) early to middle of the season.&#8221; Dickson added

TRAVIS DICKSON, DE, 6-3, 225, 4.6, OCEAN SPRINGS, MISSISSIPPI

Travis has offers from LSU, Mississippi State, Mississippi, Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida State, Missouri, Nebraska and Duke

Keeping Busy This Spring

“I didn’t make it to any junior days we were playing baseball right now. We have baseball games on the weekends, I play DH. I don’t plan on playing baseball in college.” Dickson said

“My brother use to play at LSU, I’ve been to some of the games there. It’s a real good atmosphere on Saturday night. Gameday is nuts over there.” Dickson said

No Stranger To LSU

I know all the coaches at LSU. I’ve been talking to coach Myles a lot since the 9th grade. That’s how Bo Pelini (Nebraska) knew about me when he was at LSU. I met Bo at a summer camp.” Dickson said

“I just got an offer from Tennessee,” Dickson said, “I’m going to try to make it up there and see a game this fall.”

“My brother really liked Tennessee when he was playing at LSU. Both of my parents really liked it up there (Knoxville) when LSU played at Tennessee. I haven’t been able to make the trip yet (Tennessee) but I want to check things out.”

In State Schools

“I just watched Mississippi State practice. I was supposed to visit Ole Miss last week but we had a rain delay in baseball and we had to make that up. Mississippi State has good facilities, they have a new academic center the weight room is real nice.” Dickson said

“I like Coach Mullen (Mississippi State) I talked to him at practice. I know Coach Mullen will turn the program around. I like how he talks about it, he seems like he is the man.” Dickson added

Missouri Ties

“I don’t know too much about Missouri but my position coach Josh Henson is the new offensive line coach at Missouri. I’ve talked to him a couple of times, things like scenery, the town and everything. I really do want to make a visit over there (Columbia). When I make the trip to Missouri I will stop by and see Nebraska.” Dickson said

Huskers Have A Chance

“I’m real interested in Nebraska,” Dickson said, “I’m trying to get a good look at everybody. It’s doesn’t matter how far away or anything. My parents are pretty much retired, I’m their last child so they can go anywhere for the weekend.”

“I like Coach Bo Pelini. I’ve talked to Bo a couple of times on the phone. Bo wanted me to come down for the spring game. It would be hard I have a baseball game that weekend.” Dickson said “I really like the letters they show me. If I make a visit to Nebraska it will have to be during the summer.”

“I haven’t narrowed it down at all. I’m just trying to make all my visits right now and see everybody. I’m going to try to take all five officials before I decide. The way I’m looking at it right now maybe (commit) early to middle of the season.” Dickson added

I believe this will be an Ole Miss, LSU, and Tennessee battle.

Any time a prospect's parents really like UT and the prospect wants to make a visit, its good for us.

4.6 is pretty fast for a TE. May be a nice fullback in college if the TE position doesn't work out.

#14 on this Ole Miss blogger's wish list:

14. Travis Dickson - TE/FB/DE - Ocean Springs - 6'3" 235 lbs. - With no film, it's difficult for me to truly assess this player. Still, I have to admit that I was stunned by his offer list and put him here. If he's anything like his brother, he could have a major impact for us in an h-back or TE role.

Ideal Recruiting Part Three -11-15 - Red Cup Rebellion

&#8220;LSU is definitely right up at the top for me, and not just because of Richard,&#8221; he said. &#8220;I have heard the rumors that I am not looking at [LSU] as strong as Richard was, and the simple truth is that I am.

&#8220;The latest offer was from Oklahoma, and I have a bunch of SEC offers that I like,&#8221; he said. &#8220;All the in-state teams are recruiting me pretty hard, as well as teams like Georgia, Auburn and Tennessee.

4.28 Scout.com: Dickson is getting to know Yanowsky

Gonna try to visit this summer
I know I am going to try to visit Mississippi State, Auburn, LSU and Ole Miss this summer," Dickson said. "I might also try to make it to Tennessee, Oklahoma and Florida State.
per espn

Travis Dickson, TE, Ocean Springs (6-3, 235). The brother of LSU tight end Richard Dickson is a strong blocker and could also play FB. Has offers from Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Southern Miss, Stanford, Tennessee and Duke.

of course you would, now that Dickson is ours

That's it... how about because Delvin Jones is 164 on the Rivals Top 250 and Dickson isn't on it at all? Jones also has 2 inches on him and I'm pretty sure he is faster. But yes... I only wanted Jones more because Dickson is a Tiger. I would have wanted Jones more if they were both Vols or if Dickson was a Vol while Jones was a Tiger. I tend to want the better player. But hey... I guess that's just me.

:lolabove:

I'm not sure why that's funny.... Rivals is way better than Scout.

Rivals: Percy Harvin #1 Overall.
Scout: Percy Harvin #2 WR. Vidal Hazelton #1 WR.

Rivals: Reggie Bush #2 Overall.
Scout: Reggie Bush #5 RB.

Rivals: Mathew Stafford #1 QB.
Scout: Mitch Mustain #1 QB.

Still laughing at Rivals? Maybe I'm wrong and you use ESPN. They are even worse than Scout.

Rivals is NOT way better than Scout. I can think of numerous instances where Scout has had the better ratings. They are pretty even, but I may even prefer Scout myself...

Rivals is NOT way better than Scout. I can think of numerous instances where Scout has had the better ratings. They are pretty even, but I may even prefer Scout myself...

That's fine but that a**hat was laughing at the fact that I was basing their rankings off rivals. I personally trust rivals more and rivals flat out owned scout in those instances. The Percy Harvin prediction by scouts is pretty terrible... and hilarious.

That's fine but that a**hat was laughing at the fact that I was basing their rankings off rivals. I personally trust rivals more and rivals flat out owned scout in those instances.

Calm down what are you 12, just laughing that you threw out rivals as if it proves every thing
ESPN: Travis Dickson -81
Delvin Jones -79
Scout: Travis(Nat. Rank) 32
Delvin(Nat. Rank) 33

There's not much to laugh about. Dickson had a lot of offers, he could've played just about anywhere in the SEC.

VN Store

Back