'10 GA OL Kolton Houston

Georgia is the favorite in the SECE. With their schedule and state of the Division, not winning the SECE would be a major under achievement for Richt and his staff.

Under achievement and Richt are one in the same, Bub. Why would this season be any different?

Forgot about Rome but not sure if he's projected as starter. Charles was a huge loss for them.

Most definitely. But if Rome lives up to his billing he could fill the gap real quick. Hopefully he doesn't.

I think UGAs defense will cause some problems for teams this year. Their receivers arent slouches, either. They're not unbeatable, though, and without Charles as a safety net and no clear replacement for Crowell I'd say they're definitely a little over rated.

I don't think Connor Shaw is a good QB. I think SC will take a step back this year.

I agree with all you say. UGA will have a very good defense this year, but they may wear down in the second half of games if the offense can't keep them off the field for some rest. Under a normal SEC type schedule, they would be subject to 3-4 losses, but they just do not play that many tough games. For the second year in a row they have had the easiest schedule I can remember seeing in the SEC.

You are also correct about USCjr and Connor Shaw -- last year we had one of the worst secondaries in recent memory primarily due to poor coaching, imo. Statistically, we looked ok, but that was because no one had to pass on us since we were so poor against the run. When teams did throw against us, (see Arky), they did so with ease. Even so, Shaw was unable to hit wide open receivers against us. USCjr lost a lot of talent last year so unless Connor has made tremendous strides in his game in the off-season, the funky chickens will be crying in their beer this year.

mlsoft

I agree with all you say. UGA will have a very good defense this year, but they may wear down in the second half of games if the offense can't keep them off the field for some rest. Under a normal SEC type schedule, they would be subject to 3-4 losses, but they just do not play that many tough games. For the second year in a row they have had the easiest schedule I can remember seeing in the SEC.

You are also correct about USCjr and Connor Shaw -- last year we had one of the worst secondaries in recent memory primarily due to poor coaching, imo. Statistically, we looked ok, but that was because no one had to pass on us since we were so poor against the run. When teams did throw against us, (see Arky), they did so with ease. Even so, Shaw was unable to hit wide open receivers against us. USCjr lost a lot of talent last year so unless Connor has made tremendous strides in his game in the off-season, the funky chickens will be crying in their beer this year.

mlsoft

USCe and UGA will both have stellar defenses, but neither have offenses good enough to be a clear leader in the East. UGA may have the edge due to the cake walk schedule...for the second year in a row...

USCe and UGA will both have stellar defenses, but neither have offenses good enough to be a clear leader in the East. UGA may have the edge due to the cake walk schedule...for the second year in a row...

Florida's in that same boat too.

You are also correct about USCjr and Connor Shaw -- last year we had one of the worst secondaries in recent memory primarily due to poor coaching, imo. Statistically, we looked ok, but that was because no one had to pass on us since we were so poor against the run. When teams did throw against us, (see Arky), they did so with ease.

mlsoft

The secondary is directly related to the play of the D-Line. If the D-Line pressures the QB then the secondary looks good. I think we have talented DB's and better coaching this year, but their play will be significantly better if the D-Line steps up.

VN Store

Back