'10 FL CB Cody Riggs

And he looks like he has good hips. He also has a brother who played for us which is nice.

Personally I would rather have a team of 5'11-6'0 CBs with even larger safeties. Janzen, Myles Jr. Riley, and CBs Vinson size.

Ambles or Milton would laugh at Riggs trying to cover them. He might win on a few balls, but on the ones he did not he would get flagged for PI or they could take it to the house.

OR....he's able to play tight enough that he takes the route away from the WR. That happens too, ya know.

cornerback is all about reaction time and being able to get your hands on the receiver. Size is often only a big factor down in the redzone. with the great speed riggs has, he will be able to try to jam receivers a lot more.

Are either Florida or Georgia slow-playing him?

No idea how legit this is but I've heard he's tried to commit to both UF and UGA in the past and both basically put him on "hold".

You would think a player of his caliber wouldn't let a team put him on the back burner until they see if they can get someone better. idk..maybe he doesn't realise it?

"They really love their football at Georgia, and whenever I would walk by people at the game, they would call my name. I have never been to a University of Florida or Florida State game, but Georgia really set the bar high for them. Tennessee was similar, but I think the Georgia fans may have been a little more loyal. When Tennessee didn't make a first down, fans were leaving with four minutes left in the game. When LSU scored, they were still showing their team love, and they stuck with their team till the end," said Riggs.

No matter how bad we play this is why we need to support our team, even on this board
Rivals

Those Dawg fans weren't too loyal when they played us in 07. Most of them left at halftime. I know because I was sitting in their section. That was one happy day for me.

That's because the Georgia football was built upon the foundation of losing. Therefore, Georgia fans are used to sulking in their seats and have learned how to take defeat.

LOL, the GA fans I know here are all calling for Richt to be fired. Something about him not delivering and choking down all that talent he recruits.

Give me a break about the loyalty crap. He of all people should be very well versed with the UT fanbase.

LOL, the GA fans I know here are all calling for Richt to be fired. Something about him not delivering and choking down all that talent he recruits.

Give me a break about the loyalty crap. He of all people should be very well versed with the UT fanbase.

given who is brother is, I don't know if it helps us out that he is "well versed" with our fanbase...

given who is brother is, I don't know if it helps us out that he is "well versed" with our fanbase...

Exactly. All fan bases are like that. He should know ours well enough. If he thinks GA fans are holier than everyone, St. Richt must have one hell of a sales pitch.

Exactly. All fan bases are like that. He should know ours well enough. If he thinks GA fans are holier than everyone, St. Richt must have one hell of a sales pitch.

Oh ok, gotcha. Yeah I agree, we may be hard on some players but we also tend to treat the good ones like gods.

Those are 2 diff situations. UGA-had one more drive with a like 45 sec to play. They needed one score to tie; UT simply could not move the ball, and after the goaline horror happened, and we all knew it was over, because we do not have a qb or an AJ Green. Hope Riggs come to be a VOL, but one player will not dictate Kiffin's success in the future.

How can he not be? Can he not be switched to any spot in the backfield?

Sorry to be such a homer but why would a kid with such a UT connection with the talent he has not be high on the list?

Of course, coaches know best. Please advise...

How can he not be? Can he not be switched to any spot in the backfield?

Sorry to be such a homer but why would a kid with such a UT connection with the talent he has not be high on the list?

Of course, coaches know best. Please advise...
He's all star rating. He can't play with the other kids on his team And he's small.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This guy's stock has dropped quite a bit. Some say he has tried to commit to both UGA and UF, but neither one of them would accept it cuz they are wanting to see how the other CBs fall...

Well it makes you think that UT must have him down the board as well, b/c if UT was showing the love then Im sure Riggs would be inclined to be a Vol.

This guy's stock has dropped quite a bit. Some say he has tried to commit to both UGA and UF, but neither one of them would accept it cuz they are wanting to see how the other CBs fall...

I don't know if I would go that far but the staff wants to see what happens with Josh Shaw for sure. I don't think Riggs tried to commit, but I do think he is starting to understand that his stock is dropping a bit. That is why Florida pushed his OV back by almost 3 months...they want to wait and see what happens with Josh Shaw before they accept a commitment from Riggs. Riggs wanted to visit for the UT game but we told him to hold-off on that.

VN Store

Back