‘Power T’ flag outside the federal courthouse.

There are usually two groups of people on something like this. Some, like Jimmy Hyams, desperately want to fly under the radar. They don't like attention being drawn. They don't want to poke the bear. In my opinion, they live life in fear of the "what if".
Others, like some posters here, want to go boldly into the fray. They want to show their convictions with pride. They are unashamed with public displays of where they stand. In my opinion, they live in faith for the "what might be".

With the IRS, I wanna live under the radar. With the NCAA, I want everyone to know Tennessee and her supporters all across the globe will never cower in a fight.
independence-day.gif

Season 2 2X1 GIF

Any idea when the judge will make a decision? Seems like the longer he mulls the decision, the more unfavorable it'll be for Tennessee?

If UTs arguments were very convincing, seems like a really quick decision. Could the NCAA have sewn doubt?

Reactions: Imvolin423
Any idea when the judge will make a decision? Seems like the longer he mulls the decision, the more unfavorable it'll be for Tennessee?

If UTs arguments were very convincing, seems like a really quick decision. Could the NCAA have sewn doubt?
Writing the ruling is a long process with many federal rulings going over the century mark in number of pages. The opinion must be written to a level of a Doctoral Thesis, a document that can stand the pressure of hindsight through review by higher courts.

Patience Grasshopper! :cool:

There are way too many problems with your scenario. NIL is heavily based on location. Signing an NIL deal with say, Spyre, then committing to play at Nebraska because they were under the cap is detrimental to both the player AND Spyre. Capping NIL will never work. Ever.
Where is not protected by the decision. Where involves on field performance and that is specifically not covered. Nothing about the establishment of value about the players NAMEs, the players IMAGEs, or the players LIKENESSes is tied to where he plays. The collective's are at risk. Neither the player nor the collective can demand a school extend a roster spot to increase the player's value by leveraging the value of playing for specific programs. They cannot demand protection from being processed like any non NIL bearing player either in year to year scholly environment.

There are usually two groups of people on something like this. Some, like Jimmy Hyams, desperately want to fly under the radar. They don't like attention being drawn. They don't want to poke the bear. In my opinion, they live life in fear of the "what if".
Others, like some posters here, want to go boldly into the fray. They want to show their convictions with pride. They are unashamed with public displays of where they stand. In my opinion, they live in faith for the "what might be".

With the IRS, I wanna live under the radar. With the NCAA, I want everyone to know Tennessee and her supporters all across the globe will never cower in a fight.
The Hyams approach is the smart legal one because we the public have no idea. We don't know all the facts of the case. I also think given what we have been told UT has a strong case....However, things that have yet to be revealed can come out. never say never and caution is always the smart move in legal battles. For years everyone thought Johhny Depp was some terrible abuser..Then it went to trial and all the tea was spilt. Publicizing legal stuff is almost always a bad move for either side.

We came in with ground to make up. We had to sew doubt in the judge’s original position that he provided in denying the TRO.

IMO, the longer the wait, the more likely it is that we changed his mind.

It’s quiet in here today. If we don’t hear something in the next few hours it may be Monday. I expected it to be today and it still might just weird it is not much chatter. GBO

Last edited:

100% McDad as usual. GO VOLS

Is the NCAA actively involved in a suit to establish what a booster is legally and whether or not a collective is a booster, or are they just saying.....hey we say collectives are boosters....and collectives are saying no we aren't boosters....????

Does the state of Tennessee have any current laws that define and govern this particular pinpoint issue? If not, call your congressman....
Perhaps "short order" is in reference to a geologic time scale. 🤪

Reactions: CAVPUT
Does this time everyone is waiting on the judge basically serve as a temporary injunction in a way since there is a pending or active lawsuit?

Don't think any sides will do anything or take action while it's a waiting game?

Can a judge just sit on it indefinitely and everything just be paused so to speak? Attorneys, how would this work?

VN Store

Back