’14 GA DB Evan Berry (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, did the twins go to any camps this year? And how'd they do?

Berry twins have scary potential - ESPN
"I think it was a misleading conversation," Evan said. "I didn't really commit."

Yet no one in the Berry family likely would object if Evan or Elliot did commit to play for the Vols. Not only did Eric play for Tennessee from 2007 to 2009, but his father, James Berry, was a running back for the Volunteers from 1978 to 1981.

James said he's still loyal to Tennessee but hinted that his youngest sons could head elsewhere.

"The twins, it seems like they're cut from a different cloth," the paternal Berry said. "They make up their own mind about what they want to do. The only thing I'm going to do is help them through the process. Deep down, I would like to see them go there [to Tennessee], but ultimately it will be their decision."

Evan has his eye on Tennessee, but admits there are some concerns with the Vols' recent lack of stability.

"Right now they have a couple of problems with head coaches leaving, but it's possible," Evan said.

"I really can't see myself playing against him on a playing field having opposite uniforms," Evan said. "It would be weird. I can't imagine it."

Family ties will surely keep the Vols in the mix for the foreseeable future. But there's a new team that seems to be in the very, very early lead for the Berry twins' commitment.

"They've been spending a lot of time down there at Auburn," Eric said. "It's close. It's only an hour away from Fairburn."

The twins will say only that Tennessee and Auburn are both in the mix, but the Tigers certainly have a strong chance. Creekside's senior cornerback Joshua Holsey committed to Auburn in May.

"That's one of their good friends so they just kind of go down there and run with him," Eric said. "I don't think they're leaning anywhere at this point. They've got their options open. I tell them just like my Pops told me, 'Don't let anybody put any pressure on you about where you want to go.' They've got to go where they want to go."

A longtime relationship with Auburn associate head coach Trooper Taylor also should help the Tigers.

"He's a fun guy," Evan said of Taylor, who coached at Tennessee from 2004 to 2007. "We used to hang out with his son a lot when he was at Tennessee."

ouch.... lots of time left though... who's to say trooper will be there in 2014 #doubtit

i wouldnt call it a vol lock with trooper at auburn but i think it is 80% UT and 20% auburn
GO VOLS!!!!!!!

Evan and Elliot Berry are showing out at the Jr. Olympic Track and Field Games in New Orleans this week. They are very fast. Bothmade the finals in the 100 and 200 and they are on the #1 seeded 4x100 going into the finals.
-VQ.

Vetting the new DC:

1) Can he gameplan?
2) Can he develop players?
3) Would Evan & Elliott be excited to play for him?

have a feeling we won't get these two due to all the turmoil that will be going around the program at this time - we'll be into either year 1 or year 2 of a new coach.. hopefully a big name that will be able to convince these guys our program isn't a total POS right now as it appears to be.

have a feeling we won't get these two due to all the turmoil that will be going around the program at this time - we'll be into either year 1 or year 2 of a new coach.. hopefully a big name that will be able to convince these guys our program isn't a total POS right now as it appears to be.

I hope Evan and Elliot play college football at UT. But I'm afraid you are correct. If UT continues the downward spiral and Trooper Taylor is still at Auburn, then I can definitely see the Berry twins at Auburn.

Would be a sad day. UT would lose 2 bigtime recruits and I would have to stop posting on VN forever.

Pretty pessimistic IMO. It's not unthinkable that 2012 will be much better with a Junior team, and 2013 with a (finally!) senior team could be truly dominant. If Dooley is still here (and actually deserves to be), we will be looking good to everyone.

109 weeks til NSD 2014, there's no reason these two threads shouldn't set volnation records by then. gbo

Pretty pessimistic IMO. It's not unthinkable that 2012 will be much better with a Junior team, and 2013 with a (finally!) senior team could be truly dominant. If Dooley is still here (and actually deserves to be), we will be looking good to everyone.

109 weeks til NSD 2014, there's no reason these two threads shouldn't set volnation records by then. gbo

It would almost be impossible for us to not be in better shape two years from now than we are now. I don't think it should be too much of an issue.

This site will explode if the twins don't choose UT. Also, everyone chill out with the "depends on who the next HC" bs.

Dooley hasn't ever been given a chance. Lets wait till this season is over.

Reactions: 1 person
It's not bs.

Yes it is. Dooley is going to get a legit shot AFTER having spent two very painful years laying the foundation much to the frustration of some here who want to judge the guy for smelling bad after having to shovel manure for two years.

If he fails then he fails. But he hasn't failed yet and judging from his and Hart's comments... it seems that Hart has taken a VERY active interest in assuring that DD does not fail. Smart choice too. Considering the buyout, the best of all possibilities for Hart to be successful is for DD to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back