Newport Animal Shelter Closing - Euthanizing Animals July 1

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Anybody here in Cocke County? Please go adopt.

Due to a disagreement with the city, the NAS is being evicted from their building (no idea what the details are) and they have about 100 animals to find homes for by July 1.

Go save a life if you can!

Newport%20Animal%20Shelter00000000_1495149720495_9498560_ver1.0.jpg

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/animal-shelter-hosts-adoption-event-ahead-of-closure/449631115

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Thankfully, the article says they will not be terminating the animals but relocating them.
Still, that adds stress to other shelters. Would be a good time for anyone considering.

I tried to adopt and was turned down because we have a farm and we wanted an outside dog. Hate it for the animals but the people that run the shelters are f'd up.

Maybe you shouldn't be so judgmental about the people that run the shelters.

It is stupid and f'd up to allow pets to roam freely.

Again you accuse me of something I didn't nor plan on doing. For someone who thinks you're so smart, you're the dumbass. Have you ever heard of a fence, jackass?

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
Again you accuse me of something I didn't nor plan on doing. For someone who thinks you're so smaet, you're the dumbass. Have you ever heard of a fence, jackass?

"We do not adopt out "outdoor pets." Pets that are left outside to do not bond as readily with their owners and are prone to nuisance behaviors like barking, escaping, roaming, digging, predatory behavior and other destruction. If applicants currently have an "outdoor pet" their adoption may be denied."

Again you accuse me of something I didn't nor plan on doing. For someone who thinks you're so smart, you're the dumbass. Have you ever heard of a fence, jackass?

You're accusing me of being a dumbass but apparently you don't understand the meaning of the word "accuse". What exactly did I "accuse" you of?

"We do not adopt out "outdoor pets." Pets that are left outside to do not bond as readily with their owners and are prone to nuisance behaviors like barking, escaping, roaming, digging, predatory behavior and other destruction. If applicants currently have an "outdoor pet" their adoption may be denied."

Like I said, they would rather euthanize than adopt to a loving family. I've had countless dogs and have never had a barking dog.

The only dogs I've ever witnessed as habitual barkers are inside dogs. Outside dogs have more stimulation in their environment so they don't bark at every little lizard or squirrel because they see it daily. My dogs were always well trained. I live out in the boonies with no other houses in sight. We were trying to do the right thing and rescue but no biggie, we got one off Craigslist. No biggie.

Reactions: 4 people
The first sentence is... and it's accurate.

The second sentence isn't an accusation.

The first sentence isn't accurate. There is nothing wrong with keeping a dog outside, especially on a farm. The folks that run the shelters are f'd up. They'd rather kill the dogs than let someone adopt a dog for outside. They even asked us, "would you let your child live outside". I said no but my child wasn't born with a fur coat. Dogs servived millions of years living outside. I think they'd be fine.

Reactions: 2 people
I live in a rural area (fenced property) and my dogs have always came in and out as they choose.
I have never had any issues or complaints. My neighbor has a fenced in property also but his dogs are always outdoors. They have a really nice almost barn setup for sleeping and shelter with heat during winter. Good dogs overall.

*If I had a choice between euthanizing them and their lifestyle, I would pick the outdoor lifestyle.
I'm guessing if any of the shelter dogs euthanized were given the choice, they would to.

Reactions: 2 people
I live in a rural area (fenced property) and my dogs have always came in and out as they choose.
I have never had any issues or complaints. My neighbor has a fenced in property also but his dogs are always outdoors. They have a really nice almost barn setup for sleeping and shelter with heat during winter. Good dogs overall.

*If I had a choice between euthanizing them and their lifestyle, I would pick the outdoor lifestyle.
I'm guessing if any of the shelter dogs euthanized were given the choice, they would to.

I have an insualted and heated dog house. My dogs have all lived happy, long lives and have been a blessing to my family. I've had field trial champion labs and I've have Heinz 57 as we do now. Farm dogs seem to me to be the happiest of all dogs.

The first sentence isn't accurate. There is nothing wrong with keeping a dog outside, especially on a farm. The folks that run the shelters are f'd up. They'd rather kill the dogs than let someone adopt a dog for outside. They even asked us, "would you let your child live outside". I said no but my child wasn't born with a fur coat. Dogs servived millions of years living outside. I think they'd be fine.

The shelter workers didn't write the policy. They're following the rules established by the shelter that adhere to the standards that the Humane Society recommends.

VN Store

Back