Cosby Verdict

I would imagine most people think he did it, know he's old as dirt now, feel terrible for the women, and have other things to be worried about now. Let the court handle it.

Reactions: 3 people
I would imagine most people think he did it, know he's old as dirt now, feel terrible for the women, and have other things to be worried about now. Let the court handle it.

This is exactly how I feel about any high profile celebrity case. Ain't my business, so I'm not going to pay attention. Sympathy for the victims, though. No justice will truly come of the result.

I never thought his shows were very funny or entertaining -- I agree with others though let the jury decide his fate

I think it is because we are so far removed from the era of his fame. Of course, so was OJ, and that was the trial of the century.

Wonder how many people aren't following it because they don't want to believe it could be true.

I saw him at the Memorial Auditorium years ago. He was hilarious.

I've read the headlines but purposely avoided the details. Overall there is too much smoke for there to be no fire. I hate it because it does make it hard to look back at his old specials and shows with out thinking "who did he drug and rape after in the week this was filmed?"

I think it is because we are so far removed from the era of his fame. Of course, so was OJ, and that was the trial of the century.

We are also pretty far removed from the crimes and unlike OJ no one was murdered and there wasn't a nationally televised live high speed chase ... OJ was still pretty young and appearing on TV and movies pretty regularly at the time too.

I've read the headlines but purposely avoided the details. Overall there is too much smoke for there to be no fire. I hate it because it does make it hard to look back at his old specials and shows with out thinking "who did he drug and rape after in the week this was filmed?"

We are also pretty far removed from the crimes and unlike OJ no one was murdered and there wasn't a nationally televised live high speed chase ... OJ was still pretty young and appearing on TV and movies pretty regularly at the time too.

I didn't want to believe it cause I grew up on The Cosby Show and Fat Albert and I always believed him to be one of the good guys

Reactions: 1 person
Honestly, I'm a firm believer of innocent until proven guilty and the more details I hear about this case the more I think it's an attempt at a money grab.

Reactions: 1 person
Honestly, I'm a firm believer of innocent until proven guilty and the more details I hear about this case the more I think it's an attempt at a money grab.

I'm in the same boat. Two of his main accusers decided not to participate in this trial and instead only showed up to watch in the courtroom.

I didn't want to believe it cause I grew up on The Cosby Show and Fat Albert and I always believed him to be one of the good guys
his bits about Noah, the dentist, and dad's farting are classics. I hate that this trial will tarnish his comedic reputation regardless of the trial outcome.

the big difference between Cos and OJ is that with Cos its really a he said-she said while OJ's is about death and murder. Different severity

This is a criminal case. He will go to jail. Not about money.

Reactions: 2 people
Wonder how many people aren't following it because they don't want to believe it could be true.

Remember the crowd the night he headlined Riverbend?

Probably. My favorite was the story he told of him giving the kids cake for breakfast.

You seem so sure about his guilt. Why not wait until the jury comes back with a verdict before getting out your pitch fork?

Coug, over 40 women from different backgrounds and spanning 3 decades have come out with nearly identical stories. So unless these 40 women got together and concocted this "drugged and rape story", THEN got his personal body guard to admit to being a bagman for the sleeping drugs, there is just too much smoke for this to not have some truth to it. Whether he gets off on this particular trial matters very little. Guilty people get off all the time. Doesn't mean they didn't do it, just that the prosecution couldn't prove it in court.

FTR I didn't want to believe it when the first few accusations came out. Bill Cosby was a HUGE part of my childhood. In fact, just a few months before all this started I was introducing my teenage niece to his comedy albums while driving to the beach. We cracked up the whole way.

But as women kept coming out... and kept coming out... and kept coming, it became obvious the guy was a serial rapist. It's a punch in the gut for all those that loved him at the height of his career.

VN Store

Back