'10 CA QB Jesse Scroggins (USC Solid Verbal)

Which school will Scroggins verbally commit to tomorrow?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
'10 CA QB Jesse Scroggins
<hr style="" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Rivals
Scout

Quarterback
Lakewood (CA) Lakewood

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 200 lbs
Class: 2010 (High School)

<table class="tborder" style="margin: 10px 0pt;" width="400" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1"> <thead> <tr> <td class="tcat" colspan="2" style="text-align: center;"> YouTube - Jesse Scroggins #15 Quarterback... </td> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr> <td class="panelsurround" align="center"><object width="425" height="350">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CQq8PPIKq2Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></object></td> </tr> </tbody> </table>​

Lakewood boasts talented '10 prospects - ESPN

Quote:
Jesse Scroggins, 6-2, 200 pounds has not gotten nearly the hype of some of the other in-state signal callers but his film is the best I've seen among the Cali quarterbacks. As a junior, he earned Moore League Offensive Player of the Year after throwing for 2,556 yards and 24 touchdowns

Scroggins has great mechanics with an effortless release and a strong, accurate arm. He moves well in the pocket and has the ability to run for yards or buy time and is always looking down the field.

"Everyone is calling about Jesse right now," Lancer coach Thadd Mac Neal said. "He has been offered by Washington, Washington State, Arizona, Arizona State and Tennessee just offered yesterday.

"Cal and UCLA really like him a lot and I think San Diego State is going to offer soon. Al Borgers is at SDSU now and he said Jesse reminds him a lot of Jason Campbell who he coached at Auburn. Alabama, Auburn, Colorado and Kansas State are very high on him as well."

Kid looked great on film! Made all the throws, bought time, took what the defense gave him, sounds like the makings of a pretty decent QB! Wish we had one!

The first time I watch the video I didn't think that he was under center much but after watching it again there were several snaps undercenter. I like this kid. He makes it look easy. I think he would be a nice get.

I like how fluid and smooth he is on film. Everytime I've watched his tape over the past few days I've grown to like him more and more.

At the DeBartolo Festival in February he took top honors in the long toss competition netting a pass of 63 yards.

Impressive. Just by the film, you have to have him high on the list of qb's we're after. If he doesn't mind the distance we would be the best offer he has so far, IMO.

Seems to always find the open man... unless there isn't an open man, in which case he just about rips the receivers' hands off with a throw that looks effortless. Kid has some tools.

Scroggins is about to blow up.

He led his California team to victory in the Scout/Badger Sport 7-on-7 tourney in Vegas this past week and was named as the event's MVP.

The California quarterback said he thinks everyone roots for USC, but he said Tennessee could be considered another favorite, since he has family here.

June Jones at SMU recently offered, as well as WSU/UW/AZ/ASU.

I think he could reach 20 offers sometime in April, now that word is out. In a video interview, he said he's over 6'2 and at 192 now.

I liked his video interview, he seemed composed and comfortable in front of the cameras.

Last edited:
"The main thing I'm looking for is a place where I'll have a great relationship with the offensive coordinator. That means more to me than how I get along with the head coach because the OC is the one you spend your time with. I want a guy who can develop me and I enjoy working with, that is going to be the most important thing for me."

West Recruiting Blog - ESPN

Come on, Chaney!

Does he have a an offer? It doesnt say on Rivals that he does, but its probably not been updated.

Does he have a an offer? It doesnt say on Rivals that he does, but its probably not been updated.

He does have an offer. It was originally mentioned by his high school coach while speaking to either ESPN or Scout. His Scout profile shows his Tennessee offer.

Chaney seems to be working on Brown, so get him on Scroggins.

Honestly, he's probably one of my favorite 2010 targets already. That's probably like, the highest quality video in terms of HS recruits I've ever seen. Like, not what he's doing, but just like the actual quality.

This kid seems like a real possibility for UT the more I read about him.

bburger991 said:
Chaney seems to be working on Brown, so get him on Scroggins.

Honestly, he's probably one of my favorite 2010 targets already. That's probably like, the highest quality video in terms of HS recruits I've ever seen. Like, not what he's doing, but just like the actual quality.

He is one of my favorite prospects for 2010 as well. I think he's got skills!

Looks like he took 95% of his snaps from the shotgun. Isnt that TB numbers? He looked like a good prospect but is that type of QB what CLK is looking for? On another note. What is the latest on Montana's kid?

Looks like he took 95% of his snaps from the shotgun. Isnt that TB numbers? He looked like a good prospect but is that type of QB what CLK is looking for? On another note. What is the latest on Montana's kid?

Scroggins is between 6'2 and a half & 6'3. He may finish up at 6'3-6'4. He can throw the ball over 60 yards. He has size and arm strength, plus he made a 1500 on the SAT. size+strength+smarts = top-tier QB prospect

Nick Montana has no offer, but he's still supposed to be evaluated in the spring, unless the staff has altered their plans.

Dayumm.. Kid looks very sharp. Moves around well to. Sign him up..

Scroggins has an arm. He trusts it too much at times, but that's coachable. I really hope we can get this kid away from the west coast. He is one of the best QB's I've seen on film this year. Accurate, great mechanics, fluid, and what an arm.

He only took about 70% of the snaps on the video from shotgun. I saw several from under center. It's not like he is solely taking snaps from the shotgun. He's got experience with both. No issues whatsoever there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back