'18 CA DE Jermayne Lole

It would be nice to get the Poly pipeline going. He said his dream is to play in the SEC.

1109_spt_lpt-l-poly-carr03.jpg

In a game earlier this season, Long Beach Poly defensive lineman Jermayne Lole hurt his hand and reluctantly jogged to the sideline. As it turned out, he’d broken a finger. As the Jackrabbits’ athletic training staff looked at him, he grunted that it didn’t hurt. A few plays later, after receiving treatment, he was back on the field. “That kid is as old school as it gets,” said Poly coach Antonio Pierce.

It’s a sentiment that’s been echoed around the city. Compton coach Calvin Bryant said that Lole reminds him of a few elite defensive stoppers: Tarbabes alum Datone Jones, an NFL pro currently with the 49ers, and Jurrell Casey, a Poly alum who’s enjoying a Pro Bowl career with the Titans. Poly assistant linebacker coach Lavar Arrington has been a vocal fan of Lole’s. During the Jackrabbits’ preseason scrimmage, he crowed at the offensive line, “What are you double-teaming him for? That’s just gonna (tick) him off.”

There hasn’t been much that opponents have been able to do to slow Lole down this year. The 6-foot-2, 265-pound Lole has 68 tackles, second most on the team. More remarkably, he has 29 tackles for loss and nine sacks despite playing only half a game in the six Moore League contests. He’s a throwback in terms of physicality, a senior who brushes away any talk of making football safer or less violent. “I just like physicality, banging, all that,” he said. “With all these flags, they don’t want us to play real football anymore. It started in the NFL and then colleges and now high school. Football is getting soft, that’s how I feel.”

Jermayne Lole gives Long Beach Poly defense its edge – Press Telegram

Finished the season with 80 tackles, 33 TFL, 11.5 sacks & 27 QB hurries.

Reactions: 6 people
He wears the #9. Coincidence? Looks eerily similar to another #9 when he was in high school.

Would be a fantastic get this late in the process. Hopefully we can get him to hold off on singing tomorrow and have him OV.

Last hour offer.. Not sure what to make of it..

thanks coach.....we will let Pruitt know that you arent happy with his evals. Im sure your track record is better than his.

WTF... I admittedly know little about the whole recruiting process. I'm just curious..

Reactions: 6 people
This would be a good one. May be tough to pull from ole Herm with that Antonio pierce connection

Give this man a scholarship. Great motor, and tenacious.

Lol because I just stayed a fact? Okay

Positivity is contagious. What you said was correct it is hard to bring a Cali kid this far, but how bout trying. “Good find by the staff, looks like a player, but that’s going to be a tough pull for the staff since it’s sonfar away.”

It’s away of saying what you want to say with out sounding like you have a stick shoved up a certain body part.

Reactions: 2 people
I was talking about islanders specifically are even harder to move east than your typical California kid. They are very very family oriented

I was talking about islanders specifically are even harder to move east than your typical California kid. They are very very family oriented

Also a true statement. I’m not giving you hell about the info you bring. I’ll be honest it’s good info even if it is something we don’t want to hear. It’s just the way it’s brought, but keep doing you BGS.

WTF... I admittedly know little about the whole recruiting process. I'm just curious..

Exactly! Watch out for the posting Nazis. You jump on the bandwagon or get blasted.

Fact is, we have about 8 positions left in this class we can fill. We have a whole bunch more offers out there than that. If you're still offering the day before signing day, that is perhaps telling.

You're either planning to not get some people--in this case, a lot of people--or you're going to have to pull some offers.

Reactions: 3 people
three-star senior defensive end jermayne lole of long beach (calif.) polytechnic high school posted late monday night on his twitter account that he received a scholarship offer from tennessee.

The offer came less than 36 hours away from the start of national signing day for the 2018 class, but the 6-foot-2, 270-pound lole still was excited to get his first sec offer.

"blessings!! Truly blessed to say i have received my 14th offer to the university of tennessee #gbo #rockytop #godstiming," he tweeted.

Lole also holds offers from arizona state, washington state, san diego state, arizona, colorado state, hawaii, nevada, unlv, wyoming, utah state, san jose state, idaho and new mexico.

Arizona state, washington state and san diego state have hosted him on official visits.

He's ranked by 247sports as the no. 386 overall prospect and no. 16 strongside defensive end in the 2018 class. In the industry-generated 247sports composite, he's ranked the nation's no. 593 overall player and no. 26 strongside defensive end in the 2018 class.

Reactions: 3 people
Exactly! Watch out for the posting Nazis. You jump on the bandwagon or get blasted.

Fact is, we have about 8 positions left in this class we can fill. We have a whole bunch more offers out there than that. If you're still offering the day before signing day, that is perhaps telling.

You're either planning to not get some people--in this case, a lot of people--or you're going to have to pull some offers.

We put out over 200 offers annually but for some reason never sign that many. Late offers are for backup plans because until the ink signs, you have nothing. It’s even more important this year due to the new hard cap rules.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back