'17 FL RB/WR Darrian Felix

kamoshika

4_4303592.jpg

* 5-10.5, 188
* Fort Myers HS, Fort Myers, FL

Offered by UT in April and visited last weekend. Grew up an Oregon fan and has said that he'd like to leave the state for college.

Darrian Felix, Fort Myers, All Purpose Back

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/10088

Darrian Felix, Fort Myers HS RB - Scout

Junior year - Darrian Felix highlights - Hudl

DARRIAN FELIX's (Fort Myers, FL) Football Stats | MaxPreps

Felix recorded a 4.39 40 and 46" vertical at the US Army Combine in January, then a 4.09 shuttle and 43.5" vertical at The Opening Orlando in February. Currently has 28 offers.
http://www.news-press.com/story/sports/2016/04/07/surge-recruiting-makes-darrian-felix-most-pursued-football-player-swfl/82465902/

http://247sports.com/Article/Top-Performers-The-Opening-Regional-in-Orlando-2016-43846684

Reactions: 3 people
Darrian Felix has been considering Tennessee since he picked up a scholarship offer from the Vols more than two months ago. His first trip there made them even more of an option in his mind.
The three-star rising senior all-purpose back from Fort Myers (Fla.) High School said he had a “great experience” at Tennessee last weekend during its “Orange Carpet Day,” and the Vols now are one of four teams “in the mix” for him, along with Oregon, Miami and Auburn.
“It definitely exceeded my expectations,” said Felix, who’s ranked as the nation’s No. 294 overall prospect and No. 6 all-purpose back in the 2017 class. “Just the coaching staff — amazing coaching staff. They like to have fun, but they get the job done. The players, they’re very friendly, much like myself, so I can relate to them.
“They’re definitely an option.”
The 5-foot-11, 194-pound Felix — who claims offers from nearly 30 schools — said Tennessee’s coaches have been “making me a priority, so he “just had to come here and see it for myself.”
He admitted he didn’t know what to expect before arriving in Knoxville, but he was blown away by what he saw and experienced.
“I didn’t look it up or anything,” said Felix, who’s also ranked the nation’s No. 599 overall prospect and No. 8 all-purpose back. “I just knew about Neyland Stadium — how big it was, how many people it holds. But the scenery and everything, the people, it blew my mind. I never expected it.”
Felix said he was impressed by “the fun” he had throughout the visit, “everybody coming together” and “the coaches” at Tennessee. One of the highlights of the visit, he said, was “a water-balloon fight” the prospects in attendance had inside Neyland Stadium.
“We were down there partying, having fun,” he said. “A water-balloon fight — that’s the first time I’ve ever seen that. We had a water-balloon fight. Everybody was just going after everybody. It was fun. It was crazy.”
A couple of the newest additions to Tennessee’s roster — freshman wide receiver Tyler Byrd and freshman running back Carlin Fils-aime, who are from Naples, Fla. — both had talked with Felix before the visit, and he said they told him that Tennessee is “just great” and the Vols’ program is “family oriented.”
“They have brotherhood — just Vol for life,” Felix added.
He said he also has been in contact with Tennessee running backs coach Robert Gillespie and first-year tight ends coach Larry Scott, a former Miami assistant, over the past few months.
“They said they’re taking two running backs in my class — possibly three, because they’ve got four people on scholarship and two of them are leaving,” Felix said.
Felix admitted the Vols’ depth chart at running back is among the reasons he’s high on them.
He said he’s being recruited by Tennessee as a running back who’s also capable of lining up in the slot and at his best in open field.
“But I can go through the hole, too,” Felix added. “I can be those backs. Whatever gets me on the field faster.”
While Felix said he has “no leader right now” among the group of teams he’s considering, he’s hoping to decide on a college within the next few months.

Reactions: 7 people
This guy may be new on the VN board but I hope he's a top priority for this staff. The kid is dynamic! Watch his highlights!

He'd be perfect in our offense! His role would compliment Chandler and/or Akers. I could see him as a slot just as easily as taking on the Kamara role. Hope we push for this kid no matter where our numbers are. I bet he'll be a difference maker wherever he goes.

First, he says Felix is the #294 Overall Prospect and the #6 All Purpose Back.

Later he says Felix is the #599 Overall Prospect, and the #8 All Purpose Back.

Maybe I missed something in the article?

Last edited:

He got worse as the article went on. Apparently Felix did too.

Reactions: 3 people
He got worse as the article went on. Apparently Felix did too.

That did seem to be the trend with the article. I read it 3 times trying to figure out what I had missed.

And, I've never heard of water balloon fights as a recruiting tool...but whatever works I suppose.

First one is 247 rating.
Second one is 247 composite rating.

4_4303592.jpg

* 5-10.5, 188
* Fort Myers HS, Fort Myers, FL

Offered by UT in April and visited last weekend. Grew up an Oregon fan and has said that he'd like to leave the state for college.

Darrian Felix, Fort Myers, All Purpose Back

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/10088

Darrian Felix, Fort Myers HS RB - Scout

Junior year - Darrian Felix highlights - Hudl

DARRIAN FELIX's (Fort Myers, FL) Football Stats | MaxPreps

Felix recorded a 4.39 40 and 46" vertical at the US Army Combine in January, then a 4.09 shuttle and 43.5" vertical at The Opening Orlando in February. Currently has 28 offers.
http://www.news-press.com/story/sports/2016/04/07/surge-recruiting-makes-darrian-felix-most-pursued-football-player-swfl/82465902/

http://247sports.com/Article/Top-Performers-The-Opening-Regional-in-Orlando-2016-43846684

KD Dixon 2.0... "grew up Oregon fan", I guess we just have to hope he is not "good enough" for Oregon to offer. :banghead2:

Sorry, if Tn is not his first option, I do not want imo. Tn does not play second fiddle to any school!

KD Dixon 2.0... "grew up Oregon fan", I guess we just have to hope he is not "good enough" for Oregon to offer. :banghead2:

Sorry, if Tn is not his first option, I do not want imo. Tn does not play second fiddle to any school!

I know what you're tryin to say but this kid is way more athletic than KD. I'd be more than happy if he was his replacement.

BTW I think Miami is the favorite here. UT a close 2nd, followed by Oregon and Auburn.

Oregon has already offered per 247.

I truly like this one better than Nixon. Will do more with the ball in his hands as well as more versatile in the scheme. Our staff can beat out Miami.

I know what you're tryin to say but this kid is way more athletic than KD. I'd be more than happy if he was his replacement.

BTW I think Miami is the favorite here. UT a close 2nd, followed by Oregon and Auburn.

I will admit when I read yesterday that he had a 46 inch vertical and 4.39 40, that caught my attention. I just do not want to get a guy just because the school he wanted to go to did not offer.

I will admit when I read yesterday that he had a 46 inch vertical and 4.39 40, that caught my attention. I just do not want to get a guy just because the school he wanted to go to did not offer.
Or you could be reading too much into the "grew up a Oregon fan" thing. Sometimes kids are fans for no reason in particular, other than they play with that team on NCAA 14 or they like their jerseys or they watched 'em that one year that they were really hot and decided to hop on the bandwagon. No one really knows or cares the why. Besides we dont pass on guys just because we werent their 1st choice. Butch is a master recruiter and knows a lot of the kids he's recruiting didnt grow with UT as their favorite school.

PS, Oregon has offered but isnt the leader. That should tell you something. :thumbsup:

Dude showed out today at the Opening.

Finished 5th overall in the SPARQ testing with a 139.38 score.
3.96 shuttle
4.48 40
44" vert

Looks like he's got several CBs for Oregon since the Opening started. He's also referred to OR as his dream school. This may be wrapped up.

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like he's got several CBs for Oregon since the Opening started. He's also referred to OR as his dream school. This may be wrapped up.

Are we approaching a time when these kids are old enough that Oregon is their dream school? I guess I didn't realize they'd been good for that long...because they've been **** for basically their entire history.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back