Unable to recruit RB's for 2016

I don't see any reason to fret right now in July. Now in November if we still have no backs committed I would join you in worrying, but even this weekend we have two big time backs on campus.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't see any reason to fret right now in July. Now in November if we still have no backs committed I would join you in worrying, but even this weekend we have two big time backs on campus.

If we want to be elite in sec u sign a game changing rb every year not just a good back. That is proof in stats of elite teams for past 10 years. Its a bad year for elite backs so yes should be some area of concern

Unable to recruit RB's for 2016, is it because of the offensive line woes?

Starting panic mode in 3...2...1...
images

Reactions: 3 people
Not much time to go. I mean after August, September, October, November, December, and January you only have February left. Better hop to it Butch.

Reactions: 9 people
If we want to be elite in sec u sign a game changing rb every year not just a good back. That is proof in stats of elite teams for past 10 years. Its a bad year for elite backs so yes should be some area of concern
One of the last 7 Doak Walker winners were Rivals 250 members (Trent Richardson being the exception). Lets not pretend like we need a top 100 RB. We will take 1 RB in this class and it will be a very solid RB.

Reactions: 2 people
Its true its still a long way to go, but its disturbing to see the top backs commit to rivals, or reports of favoring rivals. I want a quality back everyone else wants. Win and Hurd and Kamara have monster seasons that will get major attn

Unable to recruit RB's for 2016, is it because of the offensive line woes?

Legit concern considering many of the top end RB's are making commitments to other programs right now.

There is time and Jones has flipped guys before. Some will take a wait and see approach which would be my angle if I were in Jones' shoes.

IMHO, the odds for landing a top end RB go way up if the OL performs and Hurd/Kamara post big numbers.

It will also help if some of the programs UT is competing against have a disappointing year while UT "surprises" with a 9 or 10 win season.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back