So do we drop anybody to make room

dyllisvol42

Here is my question and I might get roasted for this but if we have to drop someone to make room who is it. I'll be honest I hate offering a scholarship to a long snapper. Can't we find someone on the team to just focus on that. And with our kicking situation since medley has locked up kicking duties why can't we move bullock to punter. I know they are a lot different but he could do it. So who else would we drop if we have to.

Here is my question and I might get roasted for this but if we have to drop someone to make room who is it. I'll be honest I hate offering a scholarship to a long snapper. Can't we find someone on the team to just focus on that. And with our kicking situation since medley has locked up kicking duties why can't we move bullock to punter. I know they are a lot different but he could do it. So who else would we drop if we have to.

The players will drop their own selves. It happens every year. Some transfer on their own accord and others flunk out of school, while others leave after disciplinary issues.

You can count on 5 leaving every 12 months.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree with OP, lets let the coaches and kids work it out n keep names/positions off the board. The staff has this, it's nothing new to them. They know the number they are lookin for and also the type/ skillset they are lookin for. But I will say, man crutin is fun again. GBO

Reactions: 3 people
From this point forward it is pretty much a get one/drop one scenario.

I know everyone likes to pretend that we can take as many as we want but that just isn't realistic.

Maybe the staff finds a way to push the number to 27 or 28 but the reality is we are in on some big time talent that we can't just turn down.

Reactions: 1 person
The recruiting forum is about specific recruits. Most people here come here to see specific recruits. You could have asked this question in the Recruiting Forum: Football Talk thread. Stop making new threads in the recruiting forum or go back to the football forum and post them.

Matt Darr's punt average is between 42-44yds.

We're gonna have to. Still looking for an OT, RB, CB and LB. Class will have to look significantly different come February imo, just like what happened last year.

The recruiting forum is about specific recruits. Most people here come here to see specific recruits. You could have asked this question in the Recruiting Forum: Football Talk thread. Stop making new threads in the recruiting forum or go back to the football forum and post them.

We have a future moderator on our hands.

I'm glad that VN is showing good responsibility in not naming recruits who might not be a part of the final 24 signees.

CBJ and his staff have developed a lot of credibility and trust with coaches and recruits. I believe the staff is totally truthful with the kids. These kids know where they are on the big board and the potential impact of another kid committing at their position. Also those who face potential grade issues know that their slot in the signing class might be in jeopardy. It will all work out for those involved, and the Vols will get a fantastic recruiting class. For those of us who follow recruiting, it is really interesting to follow the twists and turns.

Reactions: 1 person

haveing a bad hair day? mommy haveing that time of month?who ppped on your wheaties??:thud:

40.0 avg exactly. He's been wildly inconsistent this year. Very poor vs Oklahoma, very good vs Georgia, not real good vs Florida.

Had a few poor punts. Also had a 64 yard punt that flipped the field. I would say decent game there.

Either way it turns out. I'm guessing one or two that doesn't get into this class. Those of you thinking you hope they don't. We regret that they wear a different colored jersey someday. I say this because I think this staff is darn good at evaluating talent.

We will take a couple more and likely lose about 5 somewhere. Guessing we take 3-4 more and we lose 5-6 whether we drop or they pick somewhere else.

Disagree on the LS. Very important, if you dont know your LS name thats good! Because he is doing his job. Its not just a position you "stick" someone in. Blue shirt or greyshirt, maybe, but you want a good one!!

VN Store

Back