Offensive Tackle
Knoxville, TN (Farragut)
Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 265
CLASS OF 2015

Nathan Gilliam

Nathan Gilliam - Yahoo! Sports

Scout.com: Nathan Gilliam Profile

I thought I remembered seeing a thread for Nate, but he's related to Jacob (current Vol) somehow I'm assuming. Jacob went to Farragut a while back. Anyways if this needs to be merged go ahead I couldn't find the other thread I thought existed. Nathan has one offer from Kentucky right now.

If he was smoking a cigarette in his picture instead of smiling you wouldn't have said...
Walk-on.

USCe offered.

Nathan Gilliam (Knoxville, TN./Farragut) was in Columbia for the whole day Saturday before going to Charlotte on Sunday for the Rivals Camp Series presented by Under Armour. He left Columbia on Saturday with an offer from South Carolina.

"At the very end of the visit they had a presentation on the field and that is when Coach (Shawn) Elliott offered me," Gilliam told GamecockCentral.com after the RCS. "He told me that he didn't want to disappoint me before the camp but they are going to go ahead and offer me. He told me before that he wanted to see me in camp before offering so that was cool. I was surprised. It was my first visit to South Carolina but we have been staying in touch. I'm very proud of it."

Gilliam said that he would like to wait until after his senior season starts to make a decision. He did name a couple schools that he has high interest in at this stage.

"I would say South Carolina, Tennessee, Duke, Kentucky, and Wake Forest," Gilliam said. "I think Tennessee will eventually offer. My brother is up there and he is a fifth-year senior. I'm not getting the vibes that an offer will come soon but they are definitely showing interest in me."

-USCe Rivals

Jacob is the presumptive starter at LT right now. I don't think it's a motivational tactic by Butch to get Blair moving. I think it's legit.

If we learned anything from spring camp last year, when Butch reports an issue with a person or group (like the WRs last year), we need to listen.

Picked up offers from Louisville, Kentucky, MSTU and Mississippi St. This guy is in our backyard, should be an easy get if we pursue hard.

He will do great under Clawson. Wake Forest might actually be a force in the ACC in 3-5 years. I hope Clawson does not go to one of our rivals.

Doesn't Clawson have that weird OL tic where you line up as a LG one play and man RT the next? :huh:

Reactions: 1 person
This seems oddly familiar...an OT from Farragut HS who doesn't get an offer from UT and commits to Wake Forest...

...Tyson Clabo. He went on to play RT for the Atlanta Falcons for a number of years (1 Pro Bowl season), Miami and now Houston.

Hmm, kind of unfortunate we can't take this kid. He looks to have some potential and I hate letting legacies go. Maybe if the cards fall just right we can get back in on him later.

Hmm, kind of unfortunate we can't take this kid. He looks to have some potential and I hate letting legacies go. Maybe if the cards fall just right we can get back in on him later.

"Cards fall just right" meaning we whiff on every other OL target on the board

"Cards fall just right" meaning we whiff on every other OL target on the board

LOL! I like to put a positive spin on things but yea that's about right. I do hate missing on guys from the neighborhood especially legacies but oh well, it's time to win championships.

VN Store

Back