'14 FL OT Ray Raulerson (UT Commit 7/18/13)

VolinArizona

not in Arizona anymore
4_881946.jpg

Offensive Tackle
Tampa, FL (Plant)
Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 275
CLASS OF 2014

Ray Raulerson

Ray Raulerson - Yahoo! Sports

Ray Raulerson - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Vols have offered. 3* from Plant HS. Same high school as 2015 OT Jake Fruhmorgen.

Also offered by Oklahoma State and Nebraska, as well as many, many mid level BCS schools, including Vanderbilt.

Reactions: 7 people
"In the past few weeks I've gotten offers from both Vanderbilt and Tennessee," Raulerson said. "I just feel really blessed. Tennessee came by and looked at me during my spring game. Coach Mahoney said he liked me and they offered. Everything is going good."

"I think I definitely got more powerful," Raulerson said. "I've worked hard on my footwork and I think that has gotten better. I've been doing agility drills and jumping rope. I've also put on 25 pounds since last season and it's muscle. I'm not getting fat at all. I've just worked hard and it's good to see it pay off. My coach has always told me that I have potential and this hard work has paid off."

"I know they have a pretty great coach staff with coach Jones," Raulerson said. "They were very successful at Cincinnati. I'm looking forward to visiting up there and I hear they have a great fan base. I think that's awesome. I've seen the video on the internet of the facilities and they are state of the art as well."

"I would say everything is important, but academics will last me my entire life," Raulerson said. "I'm looking for a school that has everything like playing time and good coaches. I want to have a strong relationship with the team. I want a school that offers everything."

-VQ

Is Damian Prince scheduled to visit yet?

Seems like we are starting to hear a bit more about the big guys. Hopefully we will be able to pick and choose the way we have at WR.

Florida offensive lineman Ray Raulerson from Tampa, Fla., was in Knoxville on Thursday after visiting Vanderbilt on Wednesday. After Tennessee, he'll head to Tennessee and then likely make a decision in the coming weeks.

Tennessee has positioned itself well with Raulerson, but they're not the only school to come after him hard recently

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
“it was awesome. I was very impressed,”

“i liked the coaching staff a lot. We went in there and we saw the academic center, which was very nice. And we did a campus tour, saw the business school, which i’m interested in. The campus was very nice. My whole family liked it. All of the facilities, they were top-of-the-line, so that was pretty cool to see all the high-tech stuff that they have. It was awesome.”

“i just like the university,” said raulerson, whose current group of front-runners also is believed to include kentucky, louisville, oklahoma state and vanderbilt. “the campus is really cool. The fan base is one of the best in the country, which is very cool, and the facilities are all brand-new and all that. It’s just a really cool place. It’s a sleeping giant, as one of the coaches told me.

“i think (tennessee’s facilities) are better than most nfl facilities, to be honest. They were cool. And then the stadium was awesome. I’ve never been to knoxville before, so it was pretty cool to see the stadium and walk around on the field, too.”

Reactions: 5 people
I also thought this was really cool - this is what CBJ did because he couldn't be there for his visit:

“Coach Jones wasn’t there, but he had a personalized message that he recorded, and they played it on the screen,” Raulerson said. “That was awesome. That was unreal for him to do that. It was, like, three or four minutes (long). He was just like, ‘Thank you for coming. I’m sorry I couldn’t be here.’

“He just told us about how he stresses family in the program, and he said it’s a family atmosphere and that good things are coming for Tennessee, and just the direction he’s going to run the program. It was pretty cool.”

He said he is going to commit sometime in July.

Reactions: 5 people
I don't know if this has been brought up in any other thread but I am starting to get the impression that BuTch Jones might very well "get it"!

VN Store

Back