'14 SC QB Jacob Park

He'll be returning back to Bama in June to compete with Cornwell and others for that Bama offer.

This is from ESPN in reference to Georgia recruiting and their 7-v-7 camp this weekend, but there's some QB info in there for Park and also some stuff on '15 guys we will probably be in on.

Park will not be the only talented passer coming to Georgia to showcase his talents, as several underclassmen are set to throw the next two weekends. Rising junior Tyler Queen (Acworth, Ga./North Cobb) might have the strongest arm in Georgia right now, and he has already received big news this week after getting an early offer from Alabama on Wednesday. Another junior planning to throw is Ty Storey (Charleston, Ark./Charleston), who should be one of the top quarterbacks in the Southeast for the 2015 class. Bobo traveled to California last month to check out several highly talented quarterbacks, and two of the best plan to return the favor. Next weekend Ricky Town (Ventura, Calif./Saint Bonaventur) and Kyle Kearns (Pleasonton, Calif./Foothill) will make the trek to Georgia to take part in an overnight camp in Athens.

This is from ESPN in reference to Georgia recruiting and their 7-v-7 camp this weekend, but there's some QB info in there for Park and also some stuff on '15 guys we will probably be in on.

I am friends with Queen's Uncle (he lives near Knoxville), and the Uncle is a big Tennessee fan. I haven't talked to him in awhile, but I am going to have to ask him if Queen is interested at all in Tennessee. I think last I heard he was a UGA fan.

Jacob Park, as mentioned above, as was the mark richt camp on saturday and he was very very impressive. Jacob received an offer from UGA to go along with an Alabama offer from earlier in the week. Jacob said he would be announcing in 2 weeks (that's his plan right now). No telling where he ends up. Virginia Tech has been on him longest, but he might want to play in the SEC.

Reactions: 1 person
This is an update from 247sports (JC Shurburtt):

Article

Top247 quarterback Jacob Park (Goose Creek, S.C./Stratford) enjoyed a great week of camping last week, earning an offer from Georgia and getting in the thick of things at Alabama, which offered months ago, but is sorting out its quarterback board. 247Sports Crystal Ball sat at 100 percent for Virginia Tech, where Hokies offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler has built a great relationship with Park and his family since Loeffler was at Auburn, but since the offer from UGA, the Bulldogs now sit at 64 percent to 36 for the Hokies. When we first interviewed Park at the Orlando Nike Football Training Camp in April of 2012, he talked up several Southeastern Conference programs, one was Georgia. Also, confidence is not high around Blacksburg at this point that he ends up there.

Reactions: 2 people
2. Jacob Park, QB, Goose Creek (S.C.) Stratford
Park checked in at 6-foot-3.5 and 198 pounds as expected and showed the entire skill set that has made him a top national quarterback prospect in the class of 2014. While the arm power is impressive, it starts with the feet and mobility of the Top247 prospect. He has quick feet, lateral agility, flexibility and the reactive quickness ideally desired to play at the next level and beyond. His arm is quick. The ball is hot coming out of his hand, and he can make every throw asked and required. This recruitment is a three-team race between Georgia, Alabama and Virginia Tech with Bulldogs officially entering the race Saturday with Mark Richt extending an offer. A June decision is expected.

- 247 from the Mark Richt camp

VN Store

Back