Troup
View Map
Ht:6'6"
Wt:305 lbs
Class:2013 (High School)

Maurice Swain - Yahoo! Sports

Maurice Swain

Maurice Swain Senior Updates - YouTube

Plays OL and DL in HS. A name to watch for, per VQ.

watched one of their games earlier in the year and asked Keith and Rusty about the kid and both said he's an SEC kid but grades are the main issue keeping the big boys away. Rusty liked him at OL while Keith said he could play either in the SEC.

watched one of their games earlier in the year and asked Keith and Rusty about the kid and both said he's an SEC kid but grades are the main issue keeping the big boys away. Rusty liked him at OL while Keith said he could play either in the SEC.

IMO you take him and worry about the grades later

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry, jmoore, but thought you said we were going to go smaller on the OL with CBJ's offense?

In the SEC, games are won at the line of scrimmage. I'm very confident Butch is aware of that.

Very good Athlete. Great size.Great Upside!!!!

Very Very raw!!!! Comes off the ball very high. If he does not learn how to get low, he will get blown off the line of scrimage.

I would take this kid and the Wiseman kid and try our damndest to hold on to Skipper. I don't understand how Skipper is not a 4*

I say we take him good size and decent speed but very raw could be something special has tiny size rs him put him in a work out plan could be a monster one day GO VOLS

Sorry, jmoore, but thought you said we were going to go smaller on the OL with CBJ's offense?

In the SEC, games are won at the line of scrimmage. I'm very confident Butch is aware of that.

This assumption has been blown out of proportion. What CBJ is looking for in O-linemen isn't necessarily smaller guys, but quicker guys. Dan Skipper for instance is being re-recruited heavily by the staff to hold his commitment and he's 6'10" but with pretty good quickness for the size. Overall I think CBJ will take the the best O-linemen he can get his hands on regardless of size.

My source tells me that there is renewed interest in Tennessee by the Swain family. We should watch for a visit and a possible announcement by Maurice Swain.

I would take this kid and the Wiseman kid and try our damndest to hold on to Skipper. I don't understand how Skipper is not a 4*
Could Skipper get an invite to watch Peyton prepare for the Super Bowl?

Final 4: Kentucky, Tennessee, Washington and Indiana

Visiting Washington this weekend with Sanders and Foster. Scheduled to visit Indiana next week, but look for him to possibly visit UT with Sanders and Foster. All 3 grew up together in LaGrange, Georgia. Swain and Foster were HS teammates prior to Foster's move to Auburn, Alabama.

Quick note on Swain, he, Joe Sanders and Reuben Foster are all pretty tight. They all went to Washington together. Also, Swain can play on both sides of the ball, not just an offensive lineman.

-Fortenberry

This would be an huge pickup for the defense for many reasons. Big athletic lineman with connections to Foster and Sanders. Plus these kids being friends is even bigger once they get on campus. I'm tired of kids getting homesick and leaving the program after one year

Reactions: 2 people
I like his video. He looks really strong, moves well, and reads plays well by keeping his head up. If he had a little more explosion, he would be a four star. He seems to absorb much of the first contact.

VN Store

Back