We need some good news

nicksjuzunk

Coming home soon.
Right now, the football forum is in mattress burning mode. With all of the "signature win" games down the toilet, our best case scenario is beating two teams who should never come out from under our feet and a low quality bowl.

I hope we get some good news in the recruiting forum soon. If we land who we think we will land, it will ease some of the pain of this long season.

Reactions: 7 people
I have felt zero pain so far... the season has gone the way I thought it would... 6-6 with a bowl game.

I look forward to next year as the studs improve and the vols get in a great EE class.

Reactions: 16 people
Here's some good news...in a month or two over half of this recruiting class will be on campus and enrolled in UT.

Reactions: 14 people
All the pain of this season will be gone before long. We will be back. You will see. We play more freshmen than any one. Because we have too. Lose Bray and Hunter. That's most of our offense.

Reactions: 8 people
Right now, the football forum is in mattress burning mode. With all of the "signature win" games down the toilet, our best case scenario is beating two teams who should never come out from under our feet and a low quality bowl.

I hope we get some good news in the recruiting forum soon. If we land who we think we will land, it will ease some of the pain of this long season.

Yea it's brutal in the football forum. Being in the recruiting forum gives you a better perspective of the reality of our program. We are traditional fball school known by the entire country. So although expectations are high for some seemingly every year the reality of it is playing 16 true freshman in a season isn't going to win you the SEC east let alone the SEC title. But these last couple of seasons has been a humbling experience to say the least

What's so funny is we lost our signature QB and fans want us to beat top 25 BCS teams 5 out of 6 weeks. Tell any coach to win with a terrible senior RB and combination of Matt Simms at QB. Then we have a freshman pulling the trigger against SCAR in a game we should've won but it wasn't on the coaches. Our fans are hilarious. They say our DBs looked confused and out of place yesterday. What really were they going to look like against the best WRs in college right now? Those guys know how to play and the young guys weren't over matched all game. Certain guys like E.Gordon and Wilks were exposed as what they were. We've got to get more players in to go with the good young guys. Everyone that loves Gordon saw why he doesn't play. He gives Adams a 6-7 yard cushion and get beat by 6-7 yards within all of 40 yards. That's not coaching that's just a talent problem. It is what it is.

Reactions: 9 people
I think we should dedicate a thread in the recruiting forum to the people who are actually sane & know what they're talking about instead of us having to go over there in all that mess. JMO.

Reactions: 15 people
I think we should dedicate a thread in the recruiting forum to the people who are actually sane & know what they're talking about instead of us having to go over there in all that mess. JMO.

I don't even touch the football forum anymore. Sometimes I go on there to heckle the troglodytes, but I really do try to stay away.

The thing that I hate reading are that people claim they are "realists" and that Dooley needs to be gone, etc... (even with all of the injuries, the schedule, depth, etc)

Oh well... Go Vols. We should password protect the recruiting forum so only sane people can contribute.

Reactions: 22 people
Look on the bright side, Houston should make a BCS bowl now that Boise lost. No longer a potential Liberty bowl matchup.

Reactions: 4 people
Well we have guys playing that have no business playing because of injury. So hopefully they continue to improve and serve as experienced depth. Then if our recruiting class pans out and we are able to get more talent in here and a lot of EEs, we get some talent back from injuries...we will be a whole lot better in all phases next year.

I don't even touch the football forum anymore. Sometimes I go on there to heckle the troglodytes, but I really do try to stay away.

The thing that I hate reading are that people claim they are "realists" and that Dooley needs to be gone, etc... (even with all of the injuries, the schedule, depth, etc)

Oh well... Go Vols. We should password protect the recruiting forum so only sane people can contribute.

:yes:

Look on the bright side, Houston should make a BCS bowl now that Boise lost. No longer a potential Liberty bowl matchup.

i don't think they will. i take that back. if they win out, they are in !! good, i like houston. i saw u t beat the dog out of them in the 98 nat cham year. sorry about that !!

Last edited:

Yes. A land where realism and optimism meet. Something foreign to most of the footballforum right now.

Start it here?

If anybody has any X's and O's suggestions that they'd like to see (not flaming on Chaney/Dooley... just legit options) for this year or next, have at it.

Reactions: 1 person
I have felt zero pain so far... the season has gone the way I thought it would... 6-6 with a bowl game.

I look forward to next year as the studs improve and the vols get in a great EE class.

I thought 7-5

But as soon as Hunter got hurt, I immediately went into 6-6 mode.

When Bray got hurt I thought 5-7, or still 6-6. That's not even counting the losses of Brewer, and Jackson. If we beat Vandy, this season is a success to me. KY is a given. Sad to think 6-6 would ever be a successful season at Tennessee.

I'm for a football thread over here. Because the football forum officially sucks ass. Jay told me over a year ago about the posters over there. At least over here people realize the players we actually have on the field. It's so funny looking out there at our offense and seeing Rogers, Neal, Rivera and Lane as guys who may would get PT on Arky's offense. They wouldn't be starters on the team we faced Saturday. But we think that we should beat that team. So hilarious.......our fans kill me.

i think we'll have some good news this weekend about a te recruit.

I'm for a football thread over here. Because the football forum officially sucks ass. Jay told me over a year ago about the posters over there. At least over here people realize the players we actually have on the field. It's so funny looking out there at our offense and seeing Rogers, Neal, Rivera and Lane as guys who may would get PT on Arky's offense. They wouldn't be starters on the team we faced Saturday. But we think that we should beat that team. So hilarious.......our fans kill me.

ha i bet ive made 30 post on the football forum today. those guys saying dooley will be fired this year and all kinds of stuff, some of them have no clue.

i think we'll have some good news this weekend about a te recruit.

I agree. I've thought Meredith was our next to commit for a week or more now. That RB might beat him to the punch though. Seems like our offer to him is just to big to wait on.

We're going to get some really good news this week about a few key recruits.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 17 people

VN Store

Back