'12 TN OL Andrew Jelks

Jelks? Yikes. I believe that is one of the names your family does you a disservice by not legally changing it.

So many jokes, too little time...

Lol Andrew Jelks, it's really bad because his last name is a verb.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I just looked it up.

I am horrified.

On a less risqué note, this is another way to define it... Urban Dict

Posted via VolNation Mobile

Wonder if he's related to Gene Jelks...

Rivals from San Antonio combine:

Assets: Has excellent height, long arms and is light on his feet with a frame that can hold at least 40 more pounds.
Areas for improvement: Lacked the strength to battle some of the huge defensive tackles and bigger defensive ends he went against because he is a bit thin in the upper body at this time.
What was most impressive at combine: He did one of the best jobs of getting full extension with his arms while pass blocking. Jelks was also very nimble on his feet.
Conclusion: Has no offers at this time but he has the desired height and long arms that college coaches are looking for in a left offensive tackle.

smart kid, comes from a good family here in Paris.. he's been on visits to Georgia and Notre Dame. Still needs to gain some weight, some want him as a TE in college.. Henry County will be loaded next year, his stock will rise

New read on him on Rivals.

A native Tennessean, Jelks grew up following the Tennessee Volunteers and he still has a soft spot for the school. But his visit to South Bend helped the Irish cause.

"They are right there with Tennessee," Jelks said of the Irish. "I like them a lot and they've showed me the most interest."

New article up on Jelks on VQ:

http://tennessee.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1181519

"I took a visit to Notre Dame this fall when they played Utah. It was pretty cool, but I don't think it compared to Tennessee," Jelks said.

"Just growing up in the state and wanting to play for Tennessee is playing is a big deal. Growing up as a fan, one day playing there is like a dream. Hopefully it could come true," Jelks said.

Get him early CDD.

Seems like we have the inside track here. Anyone have any clue where he is expected to rank in the state for next year's class? Would be crazy to have an OL as the top recruit in the state two years in a row.

I assume if we miss on AR this year, this guy's recruitment will become far more imperative to the coaching staff.

This guy may end up being a loss for next year. We are going to be EXTREMELY selective for OL next season, and this kid may not fit the bill we are looking for. Good kid, just may not be able to take him.

I don't know if he'll be TN's top prospect, but he'll most definitely be top 10, maybe top 5. Kimbrow from Memphis East is getting a lot of publicity already.

Eric - I agree about being extremely selective, but I believe that the coaches will give Jelks a hard look. He's got the height and length you want in a tackle, and can stand to put a lot of weight on his frame. TE is never out of the question, although I see him as a tackle at the collegiate level.

295 bench max isn't that strong for an offensive lineman. I suppose those were sophomore or junior year numbers though.

Are those lifting numbers old, lefty? I'm within driving range to go watch him some this fall.

Not sure about the lifting numbers.. I never pay attention to those. He plays basketball as well. I see him being the type of kid who can definately put on plenty of good weight.

Works for me. He's got a year of high school to hit the weights then probably 2-3 years in college before he's asked to contribute majorly on the line

VN Store

Back