Blackshear, Georgia
Pierce Co.
Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 257 lbs
40: 4.80 secs
GPA: 3.3
Class: 2012 (High School)

Scout.com: Quayvon Hicks Profile

Hicks currently has one verbal offer and it is from another SEC school. The Tennessee Volunteers have already extended an offer for a full scholarship.

“Tennessee has offered me verbally,” Hicks said. “They like my speed off the ball and they can tell I have a lot of growing to do.”

- Scout

The Vols are currently his only offer.

“After I had a good performance at a NIKE Camp at Alabama, Tennessee’s Chuck Smith called my coach and told me I had a verbal offer from them. It came in early in the summer and it really surprised me. I did not think I would get an offer this early.”

- Scout

OK, now that we have offered, how's soon will the bus load of other offers happen? There is a trend here of Dooley offering someone and the next thing you know is Bama and Florida sitting on the kid's doorstep.

A couple of hours ago from Twitter via Rusty Mansell.

Mansell247sport: 2012 DE Quayvon Hicks of Pierce Co Ga. put on a show at Dawgnight has a TN offer and soon will have more performing like that.

Hicks was amazing at Dawg Night. I talked to a number of guys who were there and his name was mentioned a number of times. I don't believe it's been reported (maybe it is I haven't checked all the sites) but he did received an offer from UGA. His offer sheet is going to blow up.

Quayvon Hicks, 6-2/257, SDE/DT, Blackshear (Ga.) Pierce County (2012)

ONE THE HOOF: Wide shoulders with a thick chest and a tremendous powerbase. Has the look of a future strongside defensive end or huge inside linebacker. He is built an awful lot like Florida State incoming freshman Darious Cummings.

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT: Worked out at defensive tackle, but does Hicks have the potential to add the needed size and strength to actually play inside at the next level?

RECRUITING: Already has an offer from the Volunteers while receiving strong interest from Florida and Georgia. He was so quick off the ball it would not be hard to believe that double-digit offers are in his future.

- Rivals eval from Dawg Night

Hicks is an absolute beast with a great body, good athleticism and agility, excellent body lean and a pretty good array of pass-rushing moves. In drills he showed off his great footwork and in one-on-ones he showed off violent hands, good use of his arms and the ability to play low, flatten out around the edge and the quickness off the ball to cause trouble. He might end up as a defensive tackle if he keeps growing but his frame screams strongside defensive end that will be good against the run and solid as a pass rusher. Tennessee has offered but others will follow.

Rivals FNL Review

Hicks really dominated much of the night at Florida. He is very strong at the point of attack and while he can work on his hand placement, he kept them active, he initiated contact, and usually got past the offensive linemen fairly easily with a combination of strength and speed. He has a low center of gravity and it helped him stay low also.

Chad Simmons, Scout

Did the beginning of that video on Florida's jumbotron really say the winningest team in SEC history?

& isnt it illegal to show recruits highlight videos in the stadium while their on campus?

Did the beginning of that video on Florida's jumbotron really say the winningest team in SEC history?

& isnt it illegal to show recruits highlight videos in the stadium while their on campus?

I wonder what standard they used to come up with this BS?

VN Store

Back